Quantcast Melodrama - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2011, 03:16 PM

Default Melodrama

Example:

What really happened: Last night I got up around two am because there was a needle in my bed and it was going to puncture my calf. I concluded that the needle was there because my sisters had been sewing a lot that day and had brought there sewing into my room multiple times to get me to tie knots for them.

What I post on the Melodrama thread: In the deep of the night I awoke to find a possesed dagger whizing towards me. Because of my cat-like instincts and martial arts skills, I was able to dodge it (performing a series of mid-air summersaults and other acrobatic feats in the process) and trapped it under my pillow. I then exorcised it, in the process forcing it to confess that my sisters, in a conspiracy to overthrow me as heir, had placed the knife in my room in an attempt at an assassination.

Now let's see if anyone can beat my melodramatic prowess ;p
Old 06-28-2011, 03:28 PM

#Partially inspired by something someone said on the forum... somewhere#

Real: I drank some old orange juice, but spat it out when it tasted terrible. The bottom was fermenting.

Melodrama: I was going about my usual routine when a poured myself some orange juice. Routine... the downfall of any man.

A caustic taste flooded my mouth, and spat it out immediately. The bottom of the glass was bubbling viciously. I took a sample of the foul concoction and brought it back to my lab, and concluded that Cyanidococcus fermentus cultures had been placed inside to poison me. The assassin knew my routine.

That night, I stared at my bathroom, willing the man to show himself. And he did, just a glimpse of a silhouette replacing my toothpaste with something more sinister...

I chased him through the alleways of New york, and he fled like a coward. As he was getting away, I remembered that I was carrying a Glock 19 that I was supposed to deliver to my uncle, fpsrussia. Eff that I screamed. I held it up, aimed down the pathetically futile iron sights and fire.

It was like the roar of a dragon, resonating through the alley.
Blood.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:48 PM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

I'm gonna make something up…

I was in Walmart, reading City of Fallen Angels, which I borrowed from the book section, and laying on one of the beds. I got told to leave.

I skidded to a stop, falling, but grabbed the book, jumped up, and backflipped onto a shelf. The guards, with full auto machine guns out, ran toward me, taking aim. As I taunted them and flipped to another shot, they squeezed the triggers, knocking down the shelf I was on, which caught on fire. It landed on another guard, crushing his bionic gun-arm.
Since I knew I couldn't outrun all of them, I jumped onto one of the rocket wheelchairs that happened to be sitting in the middle of the aisle. I tried pressing the green button to start it, but, as I am colorblind, I accidentally pressed the big red button. It exploded, shooting me across the store, into the bed section. On the bright side, it started blasting an epik soundtrack across the store as I flew. Luckily, though, I crashed into a bed, the book still in my hand.
Many things collapsed in the store, and, as I was buried under beds(with air conditioning), I started reading the unedited Mortal Instruments, which details the true events of the world and the Downworlders and the Shadowhunters.
Luckily, I had a flashlight and a laptop. I hope that the guards don't find me, but if they do, I have a rocket launcher and a seraph blade. Plus a flamethrower.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:59 PM

That was MY experience with the juice.

Real: It is raining here,so I might not be able to go to book club. (I have to walk to the library)

Melodrama: Alas, the winds are roaring through the streets, the rain is like buckets of water from the heavens, and the thunder so deafening I cannot hear a sound, not even an agonizing cry for help from the ancient library. We were supposed to meet to discuss the evil plot of Mr. Casse, who was hatching a diobolical plan to take over the world.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:36 PM

Real- I was running, and I ran into the side of a chair and it left a scrape on my arm.

Melodrama- I was running fast- at my full speed around a huge room. As I turned, my foot slipped on the floor, sending my sprawling into a big chair. My arm got sliced by the sharpest part of the chair, leaving a big red scrape that tore some skin off. As I paused to blow gently on my sliced arm, the scrape started stinging like a wasp sting. I bite my lip, blowing on the stinging slice from the evil chair.

No more dreaming like a girl, like a girl so in love...with the wrong world.

Snow White's stitching up the circuitboard...

inside of me.

-quote on dA
Old 06-28-2011, 05:58 PM

Haha, these are funny!!

Psst....Read Ascending. It's in my track.
and the best part? It's by my best friend, Rose.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:08 PM

I know. XD

No more dreaming like a girl, like a girl so in love...with the wrong world.

Snow White's stitching up the circuitboard...

inside of me.

-quote on dA
Old 06-29-2011, 02:38 PM

Lol dang it guys, I think you beat my melodrama >.< I shall reclaim my throne!

Real: I was practicing Escrima and cracked myself on the elbow.

Melodrama: In light of the recent assassination attempt, I decided to practice my sword fighting by sparring with one of the guards. We started with simple double blade exercises, and I grew careless, letting my gaurd drop ever so slightly. The gap between two of my blows lasped more than a second and my sparring partner took the oppertunity to lunge at me. Thinking that we were still just sparring, I performed a basic block and disengaged, but he dove at me again and I realized as I looked at his crazed face that he was part of yet another assassination attempt! Anger rose in me and I slashed at his wrist with one sword, simutanously sheathing my other sword in order to use a twisting disarm on his other hand while he was distracted. He fell to the ground, clutching at his bleeding arm, one of his swords on the ground in front of him, the other in my hand.
"Who hired you?!" I yelled, crossing the swords at his neck. He looked up at me, breathing irratically, opened his mouth as if to speak, and snatched the sword up off the ground and drove it up towards my heart, heedless of his own safety. I spun away from his strike but was not quick enough to avoid being cut on the elbow. Adrenalin burst through me at the pain and I continued in my spinning motion to kick the man, already off balance, in the back, causing him to fall face down. I stepped on his sword hand and again crossed my blades at his neck.
"Now. Who. Hired. You?"
Old 06-29-2011, 05:04 PM

Today, the wind blew over our patio umbrella, and me and my brother had to drag it back to the front porch.

The torrential rains and ferocious gusts of icy wind toppled our patio umbrella. It fell onto the porch and split the wood. As a distant clap of thunder shook the house and the lights went out, me and my noble comrad, Gus, raced out into the hurricane and grabbed at the dark green canvas. However, before we could pick it up, the Wicked Witch swooped down out of the sky.

"I'LL GET YOU, MY PRETTY!" she cackled, grabbing my brother and dragging him into the air on her broom (he eventually ended up in Kansas).

"Get the umbrella, Gabi!" he shouted nobly down at me as the witch swept him away. "Save yourself!" (Which was pointless, because I was already ignoring him.)

Haha... just abuse of my bro, really...

-Douglas Adams
Old 06-29-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabiDi View Post
Today, the wind blew over our patio umbrella, and me and my brother had to drag it back to the front porch.

The torrential rains and ferocious gusts of icy wind toppled our patio umbrella. It fell onto the porch and split the wood. As a distant clap of thunder shook the house and the lights went out, me and my noble comrad, Gus, raced out into the hurricane and grabbed at the dark green canvas. However, before we could pick it up, the Wicked Witch swooped down out of the sky.

"I'LL GET YOU, MY PRETTY!" she cackled, grabbing my brother and dragging him into the air on her broom (he eventually ended up in Kansas).

"Get the umbrella, Gabi!" he shouted nobly down at me as the witch swept him away. "Save yourself!" (Which was pointless, because I was already ignoring him.)

Haha... just abuse of my bro, really...
I wish my sister could get swept up to Kansas sometimes...

Tags
necromancy needed?