Quantcast The Setting NES - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2014, 08:11 PM

Name: Sam
Appearance: Blonde-brown straight hair. Tan skin. Tall.
Personality: Nice, funny, doesn't like to say no.
Race: Human (maybe)
Hobbies: Filming, writing, running.
Catchphrase: Being cool is being cold.
Pets: Five. Two dogs, three cats.
Other: N/A
Old 04-22-2014, 06:24 PM

I'm not sure how to start. .-.

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed

"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halebop View Post
I'm not sure how to start. .-.
well, your setting is in the wild west.

also here's my character.

Name: alex
Appearance: 1/2 of their scalp is shaved, the other half has medium-length coiffed blue hair (i'll maybe post a more specific picture if i can find one). they have brown eyes and pale, lightly freckled skin with a defined jawline and delicate but muscular limbs. they typically wear combat boots, ripped tights, a pleated soft pink skirt, and a white/gray/black t-shirt. because of the skirt they're often confused for a girl, which pisses them off to great extents. also has a nose ring, ear spikes, and arms slightly too long for their height. their nose is flat and squared and they have slim colorless lips. they're about 5'6".
Personality: extremely judgmental, more on themself than on others. also extremely fashion-attentive. if you are wearing something less than fabulous, they will let you know. if there's a lipstick stain or a stray hair or an untucked tag, they're the first to point it out.
Race: american. unfortunately for them.
Hobbies: fashion fashion FASHION. they make all their own clothes except shoes, because they only ever wear the same pair of combat boots (their feet stopped growing around the age of 12, so their size has remained the same ((size 7 in women's shoes)) since then).
Catchphrase: they don't really have one, but if they did, it'd be 'what are you wearing?'
Pets: n/a
Other: n/a

Name: enigma (was named edward at birth)
Appearance: her head is completely shaved because she has no time for hair. she is slight and short and has a figure akin to a stick of celery, but she doesn't mind. she is all about practicality--wearing black biking gloves, cargo zip-off pants, and a thin cotton three-quarter sleeved shirt (either brown or gray) at all times. she wears either waterproofed converse sneakers or waterproofed thick boots on her feet. the only jewelry on her is a thin gold chain bracelet which is clamped tightly around her right wrist. she won't take it off even to shower. her eyes are a bleak dark brown, almost black, her nose is large and rounded, her lips are more full on the bottom than on the top, her eyelashes are short and spiky, and she has no piercings.
Personality: extremely laid back, easy-come easy-go. she knows she has everything under control, so she tends to be super hands-off of things until the last minute right when they're about to go haywire. as a result, she has a small flare for the dramatic (not that she'd ever admit it). but no accidents have happened to her since The Accident, and she'll be damned if she hasn't been prepared for anything ever since.
Race: black
Hobbies: biking, speed skating, zip-lining
Catchphrase: n/a (but if she did: 'gotcha!')
Pets: a lizard who lives out of a pocket in her cargo pants. he's named eddy, as an ironic twist to enigma's original name, as well as one of her favorite words.
Other: her lucky letter is 'e.' her lucky number is 12. she doesn't believe in fate, though--not if you asked.
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Old 04-22-2014, 07:02 PM

I shall start.
Maybe.

Harnessing the chestnut mare to a fence, I jumped over the barriers, walking towards the shop.

Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?"

Old 04-22-2014, 08:51 PM

if there was one thing she hadn't prepared for, it was the horses.
enigma shifted uncomfortably atop the smelly if majestic beast and wrinkled her nose. the smell of manure swirled into her nostrils, mixed with the dirt that her mare kicked up behind her as it rode valiantly--right into a cactus. really? at least she had worn her denim jacket today. the thorns would be easy to get out of it. out of her horse's snout? not so much, but hey, the horse got itself into that one. who doesn't see the huge pointy brownish-greenish thing coming full speed ahead, anyway?
she slid down gratefully from her horse and checked her cargo pocket for eddy to make sure he hadn't fallen out on the ride. he squirmed out and vanished beneath a dusty floorboard of the porch her horse had stopped at. thank goodness they'd found a place to stay. not that enigma minded sleeping under the stars, but the mosquitoes got old about two weeks in.
she tied the horse to the cactus, glanced at it carelessly, and walked into the tavern and inn combo. she noted that its name was "the prickly sand," which was an accurate description of the desert altogether.
"can i help you?" drawled a familiar voice from the second flight of stairs, the voice not deep enough to be male at all but not really female, either.
"alex," she said, rolling her eyes.
"'bout time you showed up," they remarked, propping a hand on their hip and smoothing an invisible wrinkle in their long suede leggings. "oh my god, what did you do to your clothes? don't you have any idea how to properly maintain denim?"
"had to trade in the skirt, did you?" enigma said easily, ignoring alex's ever-disparaging comments on her clothing.
"yeah, but these leggings still make me look hot, so it's all good."
"those leggings look hot," she said, raising a thick black eyebrow. "how can you stand it in the middle of a desert?"
"as long as i don't sweat through them, i look good," alex replied, kind of entirely missing the point. "now, let's have bill here set you up in my two-bed room, and see what we can get to eat for dinner."
food and fashion were always on the forefront of their mind, after all.
the desert hadn't changed alex one bit.
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Old 04-22-2014, 09:29 PM

Name: Ena Brevard
Gender: I AM OF THE ENVY GENDER. or you know female's good too. whatever
Appearance: I have wavy-curly copper hair that goes to my shoulders and fair skin with freckles and deep blue-green eyes with gold specks and I'm 5'4" and muscular/lean okay too lazy to elaborate and my style similar to my personality changes frequently
Personality: I'm a bipolar bitch who's obsessed with anime and manga and a bunch of other random stuff blah blah blah I won't bore you with the series of long novels it would take to describe my entire persona so you'll hopefully get it when I post
Race: homunculus lol maybe idk what maybe demon or human or some sort of shinigami but I really don't know it depends
Hobbies: writing drawing reading stuff anime manga stuff stuff music and more stuff it also depends
Catchphrase: "Come back in ten minutes, and my answer may be different." "You son of a cheesecake." "[insert random string of curse words here]" "I don't believe in anything. Not morals, not law, not good and evil. Everything is based on perspective." "Authority and law are just the words of those with power to suit themselves." lol idk there are probably more oh "I'm unpredictable" "b*tch please" haha I know a bit late to start censoring. Sorry I feel really random and crap right now.
Pets: Kitties and the creatures in my mind.
Other: there is more than one of me in me haha
Old 04-22-2014, 11:01 PM

"HORSIES!!" Nithya grinned, running towards the stables, abruptly stopping about ten yards away so she wouldn't scare the poor things. Behaviors like this always ticked off her sister, Meera, who fortunately wasn't here with her.
She walked over to a black stallion (which she named Coco) and carefully mounted, going for a long ride through the Western-ish town and giving money to the panhandlers that lined the streets. Horseback riding was fun. Her sister would rather walk, though. Shame on her.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Name: Ena Brevard
Gender: I AM OF THE ENVY GENDER. or you know female's good too. whatever
Appearance: I have wavy-curly copper hair that goes to my shoulders and fair skin with freckles and deep blue-green eyes with gold specks and I'm 5'4" and muscular/lean okay too lazy to elaborate and my style similar to my personality changes frequently
Personality: I'm a bipolar bitch who's obsessed with anime and manga and a bunch of other random stuff blah blah blah I won't bore you with the series of long novels it would take to describe my entire persona so you'll hopefully get it when I post
Race: homunculus lol maybe idk what maybe demon or human or some sort of shinigami but I really don't know it depends
Hobbies: writing drawing reading stuff anime manga stuff stuff music and more stuff it also depends
Catchphrase: "Come back in ten minutes, and my answer may be different." "You son of a cheesecake." "[insert random string of curse words here]" "I don't believe in anything. Not morals, not law, not good and evil. Everything is based on perspective." "Authority and law are just the words of those with power to suit themselves." lol idk there are probably more oh "I'm unpredictable" "b*tch please" haha I know a bit late to start censoring. Sorry I feel really random and crap right now.
Pets: Kitties and the creatures in my mind.
Other: there is more than one of me in me haha
(Wild West, huh? Im'ma be an outlaw then >=])

The girl's chuckle grew into a full-out guffaw as she ran out of town into the desert with her... Goods, let's say. First day here and she was already stirring up trouble. Although, this cheerful and troublemaking appearance was only on the surface-- none of the emotion she displayed at this moment ran very deep. To be honest, she felt rather hollow beneath her shell today. For now. She was sure she would feel differently soon.

"Catch me on your horses if you can, you damn bastards!" she yelled back into the town, and broke out into a full-on sprint. Track is beneficial.

(I'll write more tomorrow but I have to sleep)
Old 04-23-2014, 07:04 AM

Alice opened the door casually, and looked around the shop.
There were saddles of all kinds, bridles, harnesses, and such things.
Picking out a brown rising saddle to match the chestnut color of her horse, Alice pulled it out, along with a matching bridle with embroidery and designs on it.
Walking to the cashier, she heard someone outside yell to catch them if they could.
Quickly paying, Alice ran outside, mounted her horse after untying the rope, and put her new belongings in the saddlebag.
Urging her horse to a gallop and gently digging her heels into the horse's side, they raced after the girl who was running away.
Why she didn't have a horse, Alice didn't know. She would catch up before she knew it.

Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?"

Old 04-23-2014, 04:25 PM

The girl sensed the presence of a pursuer, and, not particularly worried, spared a moment to glance back at them. It was what seemed to be a random girl following her. Damn, no one just minds their own business these days. I bet she thinks she can catch me since I'm not on a horse, huh?
"Nope, girlie. I don't a-frickin' think so."
Being all Wild West was fun. Full Speed Ahead on Full Red Mode. Not that anyone else would know what she meant.
Her desire to have some fun grew, as did her currently displayed devious smirk. Well, this could get interesting~
But boy, I sure hate pride and arrogance when it's not my own.

Tags
i iz unpredictable, is a rule of tags, jadelyn, lyall_areyel_was_here, magic, mr potato will get you, nes, octopusologist, setting, tags always so weird, tags y u so weird?