Quantcast YA Book Club (Current Reads, What I Bought, New Releases + More!) - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Clubs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2014, 03:31 AM

Default YA Book Club (Current Reads, What I Bought, New Releases + More!)

Welcome to the Young Adult Book Club where you can discuss whatever you like involving YA (Young Adult books).

I'm currently reading We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, as well as the Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 08-30-2014, 04:59 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Currently reading Hate List by Jennifer Brown by a friend's recommendation.
It's okay so far. Really slow paced and hard to get into though. But cool and unique plot which is pretty hard to find nowadays

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 08-30-2014, 11:12 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

Just finished Catcher in the Rye and I don't know what to read..
Old 08-30-2014, 10:09 PM

Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.

A very creepy yet interesting book. The pictures are so eerie but it's so good. 8D

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 08-30-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbhabra View Post
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.

A very creepy yet interesting book. The pictures are so eerie but it's so good. 8D
OH MY GOSH I LOVE THAT BOOK! I JUST FINISHED IT A FEW DAYS AGO C:
EmmaxJacob is a good ship ^-^
APPARENTLY THERE'S A SEQUEL ;ALDFJ A;DSFLJA;ELDSCJKX
Old 08-30-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
I've got that book! I really want to read it, but I'm reading too many books at the moment.

Has anyone read the Throne of Glass series? I'm getting the third book early today! AAAAAAH! SO EXCITED!
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 09-01-2014, 07:06 PM

Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
I'm still at the beginning but I own both the first and second book. I'm so excited to read it!!! But for me, it's one of those books which is really interesting but not one that I could finish in one sitting. Maybe it's because I'm just at the beginning but I'm sure things get a lot better.

And have you red Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi? She's Ransom Riggs's wife and her trilogy is one of the best I've ever read. If you've read it then we should spazz on "the thread I may have made but can't remember is it actually exists"!!! xD Awesomest writing style evah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
I've got that book! I really want to read it, but I'm reading too many books at the moment.

Has anyone read the Throne of Glass series? I'm getting the third book early today! AAAAAAH! SO EXCITED!
I'm barely getting by with no books. O.o I wish I had a lot of books to read but I think it's time for me to move away from Dystopia/SciFi/Fantasy. All the stories start blending together after a while. :3

And I started Throne of Glass but I never finished it because I didn't really like the writing style. But apparently its a really good book and the second is supposed to be better than the first. I've heard a lot of good things about it so I may pick it up again but I'm not sure...

is not KNOWLEDGE
- Albert Einstein

Old 09-13-2014, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbhabra View Post
I'm still at the beginning but I own both the first and second book. I'm so excited to read it!!! But for me, it's one of those books which is really interesting but not one that I could finish in one sitting. Maybe it's because I'm just at the beginning but I'm sure things get a lot better.

And have you red Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi? She's Ransom Riggs's wife and her trilogy is one of the best I've ever read. If you've read it then we should spazz on "the thread I may have made but can't remember is it actually exists"!!! xD Awesomest writing style evah.

I'm barely getting by with no books. O.o I wish I had a lot of books to read but I think it's time for me to move away from Dystopia/SciFi/Fantasy. All the stories start blending together after a while. :3

And I started Throne of Glass but I never finished it because I didn't really like the writing style. But apparently its a really good book and the second is supposed to be better than the first. I've heard a lot of good things about it so I may pick it up again but I'm not sure...
I didn't like Shatter Me, but LOVED Unravel Me. The writing is so poetic. And beautiful and amazing.

I love Throne of Glass ososososososososososos much! The next few books are very gory, though, as well as the prequels... There're some torture scenes and internal organ... yeah, it's gory. XD You should really pick it up! I'm not 100% sure if I'm in love with the writing, but it's high, epic, fantasy and I. Am. In. LOVE with the love triangle. <3
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 09-13-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
I didn't like Shatter Me, but LOVED Unravel Me. The writing is so poetic. And beautiful and amazing.

I love Throne of Glass ososososososososososos much! The next few books are very gory, though, as well as the prequels... There're some torture scenes and internal organ... yeah, it's gory. XD You should really pick it up! I'm not 100% sure if I'm in love with the writing, but it's high, epic, fantasy and I. Am. In. LOVE with the love triangle. <3
I think I'll check it out. I didn't realize how big the fandom was but I've been hearing alot of good things about it lately. I'm going to get to it as soon as I can.

Right now I'm reading Free to Fall by Lauren Miller AND IT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING BECAUSE I HAVEN'T READ A BOOK THIS GOOD AND WELL WRITTEN IN AGES!!!!!!!

is not KNOWLEDGE
- Albert Einstein

Old 09-13-2014, 05:00 PM

Just read Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor. /dies/ IT WAS EFFING AWESOME and so far the two books I've read from the trilogy are amazing and original and just sooo freaking amazing
Oh, and we went to the library and I saw the next (and last) book on the shelf, so I got that too. Can't wait to read it. *o* (and omg it looks so thick and awesome i can't wait)

I also got the second book of the Dust Lands trilogy. o3o
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?

Last edited by Cherrybomb; 09-13-2014 at 05:02 PM.