Quantcast Random Debate Thread!:d - Page 13 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 07-23-2012, 03:17 PM
nngo nngo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: You choose.
Posts: 4,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonWakedWolf View Post
Not sure that's legal... :I
Or he could live in the smallest house in the world and be under house arrest. He still gets food and all that..
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 07-23-2012, 03:26 PM
TheMoonWakedWolf TheMoonWakedWolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: karl marx is my father
Posts: 17,106
Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nngo View Post
Or he could live in the smallest house in the world and be under house arrest. He still gets food and all that..
I think he's dead now. :I He was the step-father to the girl. He and the mother abused her. It's just...more than terrible. It's horrific. I believe the step-father died, and the mother is still spending her three life-sentences in jail.
__________________
m i k e a r u b a
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 07-23-2012, 03:28 PM
nngo nngo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: You choose.
Posts: 4,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonWakedWolf View Post
I think he's dead now. :I He was the step-father to the girl. He and the mother abused her. It's just...more than terrible. It's horrific. I believe the step-father died, and the mother is still spending her three life-sentences in jail.
O.O That's horrible. Really, really horrible.

I wonder why people even have several life-sentences when one would do?
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 07-23-2012, 04:31 PM
TheMoonWakedWolf TheMoonWakedWolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: karl marx is my father
Posts: 17,106
Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nngo View Post
O.O That's horrible. Really, really horrible.

I wonder why people even have several life-sentences when one would do?
*nods solemnly* I know.

Just to emphasis the severity of the crime, I guess. :I
__________________
m i k e a r u b a
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 07-23-2012, 05:04 PM
MaryElizabeth MaryElizabeth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nngo View Post
I disagree. How better are we if we kill the person too? Just toss the criminal into a jail cell and or make him pick up all the trash on the streets or something. But if he's done something like eradicated the human race, maybe.
Death is better than life in prison.
__________________
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 07-23-2012, 06:53 PM
GabiDi GabiDi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: i
Posts: 21,887
Default

Just pointing out, 3% of everyone put to the death penalty is innocent. Small number, but still...
__________________
"In the beginning, the universe was created.
This made a lot of people upset and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

-Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 07-23-2012, 06:56 PM
nngo nngo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: You choose.
Posts: 4,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post
Death is better than life in prison.
A better suiting punishment, then.

Another possibility: What if that guy was a hobo and committed a crime to get in prison, where you get a bed, free food, and water? Like in that old short story by some old and awesome guy. O_o Didja know some prisons have swimming pools, golf courts, ping pong tables, good food, good beds, and other entertainment?
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 07-23-2012, 07:19 PM
MaryElizabeth MaryElizabeth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nngo View Post
A better suiting punishment, then.

Another possibility: What if that guy was a hobo and committed a crime to get in prison, where you get a bed, free food, and water? Like in that old short story by some old and awesome guy. O_o Didja know some prisons have swimming pools, golf courts, ping pong tables, good food, good beds, and other entertainment?
Then it's the homeless guy's fault if he gets the death penalty.

Yes, some even get computers. O_o I hope they block kids' sites.
__________________
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
logan was here!, necromancy needed?, no necromancy here!!, no. blek.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.