Quantcast Free Book Covers! - Page 21 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
  #201  
Old 02-09-2014, 12:18 AM
maxi maxi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The land down under
Posts: 12,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Book Title: ANGEL
Author's Name: (To put on the cover) Garrett Curbow
Design: The back of a standing man, with outstretched wings. The man (angel) is kind of a silhouette but more light XD And behind the man just a white back ground. And if possible, can one of the wings be bleeding? If not then its fine.
Other: (Colors, fonts, other words, etc.) I want the title to be something simple, (not cursive related), and fantasy kind of. Like the mortal instruments series's font for their titles. Something like that.
Just wanted to say: The Mortal Instruments title font is: Pterra-dactyl. I hate myself for saying this, but are you going to make this book like The Mortal Instruments? If so, I am making a book series with demons and stuff.
__________________
What a wonderful caricature of intimacy
Raindrops on roses and
Girls in white dresses and
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 02-09-2014, 12:23 AM
Garrett Garrett is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: high by the beach
Posts: 1,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
Just wanted to say: The Mortal Instruments title font is: Pterra-dactyl. I hate myself for saying this, but are you going to make this book like The Mortal Instruments? If so, I am making a book series with demons and stuff.
NO. It's not like the Mortal Instruments. Yes, it has demons, and takes place in modern day, but it is hardly like it.
If it does end up being extremely like tmi (Which I doubt it will) then I will change the genre to fan fiction.
__________________
you don't need anyone else to be happy
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 02-09-2014, 12:27 AM
maxi maxi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The land down under
Posts: 12,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
NO. It's not like the Mortal Instruments. Yes, it has demons, and takes place in modern day, but it is hardly like it.
If it does end up being extremely like tmi (Which I doubt it will) then I will change the genre to fan fiction.
I'm sorry! Why the caps? Anyways, yeah, I've kinda the same but it's got these creatures that are different and they're not human or part anything.
__________________
What a wonderful caricature of intimacy
Raindrops on roses and
Girls in white dresses and
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 02-09-2014, 12:34 AM
Garrett Garrett is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: high by the beach
Posts: 1,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
I'm sorry! Why the caps? Anyways, yeah, I've kinda the same but it's got these creatures that are different and they're not human or part anything.
I'm sorry. The capital NO was unintended. It was a typo. My story really focuses on Angels, constellations, and Magicians (also known as Mages)
__________________
you don't need anyone else to be happy
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 02-09-2014, 12:42 AM
maxi maxi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The land down under
Posts: 12,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
I'm sorry. The capital NO was unintended. It was a typo. My story really focuses on Angels, constellations, and Magicians (also known as Mages)
Oh, okay. Sorry for being so inconsiderate. I am definitely not trying to copy The Mortal Instruments. They focus on demons and Bloodwhisperers (they hunt down strange creatures, and make their blood humane). Are you going to post more of your book soon? I love it!
__________________
What a wonderful caricature of intimacy
Raindrops on roses and
Girls in white dresses and
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 02-09-2014, 12:59 AM
Garrett Garrett is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: high by the beach
Posts: 1,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
Oh, okay. Sorry for being so inconsiderate. I am definitely not trying to copy The Mortal Instruments. They focus on demons and Bloodwhisperers (they hunt down strange creatures, and make their blood humane). Are you going to post more of your book soon? I love it!
Yes. I have about two pages though in the first chapter so
It might be a week or so before chapter one is released. Probably more, because I am going to try to write chapters one, two, and three before I even post one.
__________________
you don't need anyone else to be happy
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 02-09-2014, 01:11 AM
maxi maxi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The land down under
Posts: 12,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Yes. I have about two pages though in the first chapter so
It might be a week or so before chapter one is released. Probably more, because I am going to try to write chapters one, two, and three before I even post one.
Yeah same. I might write quite a bit until it's released. I am one and three quarters through the first chapter, but I have no prologue.
__________________
What a wonderful caricature of intimacy
Raindrops on roses and
Girls in white dresses and
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 02-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Read_Write Read_Write is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: prythian
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Book Title: ANGEL
Author's Name: (To put on the cover) Garrett Curbow
Design: The back of a standing man, with outstretched wings. The man (angel) is kind of a silhouette but more light XD And behind the man just a white back ground. And if possible, can one of the wings be bleeding? If not then its fine.
Other: (Colors, fonts, other words, etc.) I want the title to be something simple, (not cursive related), and fantasy kind of. Like the mortal instruments series's font for their titles. Something like that.
Okay, I'll try.
__________________
is it summer yet
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 02-09-2014, 11:47 AM
HannahChen2009 HannahChen2009 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Stalker >:(
Posts: 1,820
Default

Lydia
Could you possibly make a cover for Crimson? I don't know what I want on it but i want a cover
Lol I'm so weird aren't I?
Oh and don't put anything fir the author if you do? Thanks. ^_^
And if you don't...
Thanks. xD
__________________
And it gets easier,
Even if it never stops being hard.
-Ena, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 02-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Garrett Garrett is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: high by the beach
Posts: 1,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read_Write View Post
Okay, I'll try.
Thanks. If you read Max's comment somewhere above he told me what the certain font was used in tmi.
__________________
you don't need anyone else to be happy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ah! she's behind meeeee!, i am a pineapple, lyall_areyel_was_here, lydia is awesome, lydia makes epic covers, mr potato will get you, taaaaaaaaaaaaaaag, thank you taggers!, the first one is scary!, this is awesome

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.