Quantcast Is this weird?? - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2010, 12:28 AM

Question Is this weird??

So this boy has had a crush on me for 3 years, and its starting to bug me.. We used to be friends, but he talks about guns, and video games constantly, and I can't get a word in. Plus he has been inviting me to dinner, and movies, and that is making me feel uncomfortable, cuz I'm only in 6th grade. I don't mind swimming at his pool, but its bad when his mom writes about it on FB, and I don't want people to think we're dating, and he is getting on my nerves cuz he makes googley eyes at me in science.... So I've started to run from science class the minute the bell rings so he doesn't have time to catch up with me! Help!! How do I get rid of him? How do I let him know I don't like him anymore, and he should stop giving me stuff, like jewry for my b-day, and stuffed animals for no apparent reason... HELP!!
Old 10-17-2010, 12:37 AM

Hmmm, this can be a problem. You should probably politely and gently tell him that you still want to be friends, but you don't really like-like him the way he seems to. A slightly more dishonest method would be to avoid him til he gets the hint, but I wouldn't do that.
Make sure that he really does like-like you: Otherwise it'd be superduper embarrasing. If you actually do like him that way, but are just worried that you're too young, you should tell him too. He should understand!
I'm sure that it will be fine.

-Douglas Adams
Old 10-18-2010, 03:26 PM

idk... but this guy sounds kiinnndddaaa creepy... I'm sure he's a nice guy, so maybbeee... idk. This is pretty tough!

"There are millions of fish in the sea, but you're my nemo <3" ~ Author Unknown

"You can't buy happiness. But you can but ice cream! That's close enough, right?"

"If only there was squirtable fruit. *Sigh* then my life would be complete." ~My fruit obsessed friend
Old 10-18-2010, 05:18 PM

Hmm...sounds like a MAJOR crush! If you don't like him tell him...and ask if you guys can just be friends!!
"There's no need to call me "sir" Professor."
The words had escaped him before he knew what he was saying." J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter and the half-blood prince)
Old 11-19-2010, 09:26 AM

Angry Grrr..

Great! He will not stop staring at me during Science. Bleh! No joke I got up to sharpen my pencil and I noticed he was watching me or like staring at my.... behind
Old 11-19-2010, 02:43 PM

Yikes...I have no idea what to do, honestly.

-Douglas Adams
Old 11-20-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgs221 View Post
Great! He will not stop staring at me during Science. Bleh! No joke I got up to sharpen my pencil and I noticed he was watching me or like staring at my.... behind

Wow..............that sounds creepy. Maybe you should tell an adult about him and maybe they'll help you out.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:29 PM

Default Awkward

I agree with GabiDi's advice. That's what I'd do. This little second grader went up to my friend (eighth grade) and slapped her butt yesterday. All the eighth grade boys were congratulating him. -_-

Remember: professionals built the Titanic, an amateur built the ark

Old 12-21-2010, 08:01 PM

Send a message via MSN to Sandy
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgs221 View Post

So this boy has had a crush on me for 3 years, and its starting to bug me.. We used to be friends, but he talks about guns, and video games constantly, and I can't get a word in. Plus he has been inviting me to dinner, and movies, and that is making me feel uncomfortable, cuz I'm only in 6th grade. I don't mind swimming at his pool, but its bad when his mom writes about it on FB, and I don't want people to think we're dating, and he is getting on my nerves cuz he makes googley eyes at me in science.... So I've started to run from science class the minute the bell rings so he doesn't have time to catch up with me! Help!! How do I get rid of him? How do I let him know I don't like him anymore, and he should stop giving me stuff, like jewry for my b-day, and stuffed animals for no apparent reason... HELP!!
STALKER! Nah, just kidding, probably not. But he's a persistent little bugger, isn't he? (*Smirks*) Well, I know how to get rid of him. There's nice ways, and then there's mean ways, and this goes for anyone who needs to get rid of an unwanted friend.. Now, I know I sound evil, but everyone's gonna go through this at some point in your life, and I'm not even kidding.

Nice ways:
1. Run away from the person whenever they approach you. For me, this comes by instinct, and I find myself shooting forward without even having to think about it.
2. Be as boring as possible when the subject is near you. No one wants a boring friend, do they?
3. Whenever they talk to you, smile (or don't smile, it's up to you) and turn and walk away. That way, they'll have to WORK to catch up to you.
4. Nicely tell an adult that you're tired of this. Make sure to let them know that you don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt.
5. Tell their parent. (Their reaction should be quite interesting...)
6. Simply ignore them, but I can't guarantee they'll go away. You can ignore them with a series of tools, like a loud MP3 player (I did this once), a video game ("I'll talk to you as soon as I finish this level!")
7. (If you don't totally want him off your case and you still want to be friends) Tell him how you feel. You could IM it, call him, tell him in person, or write a nice note.
8. Find him another crush.

Not-as-nice ways:
1. (Loudly) let him know how you feel.
Yeah... that's the only one I have...

I went through this too... This one dude only talked about video games, Mario, YouTube, and his cats, and he would frequently disrupt me during school. But then, this other dude who has/had/I dunno a crush on me (I think...) started shooing him away and stuff (for some reason I find that really really really funny)... But now me and the first dude are almost BFF's and I always take time to talk to him and listen, so I'm not completely evil.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:05 PM

Send a message via MSN to Sandy
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by goprincess135 View Post
I agree with GabiDi's advice. That's what I'd do. This little second grader went up to my friend (eighth grade) and slapped her butt yesterday. All the eighth grade boys were congratulating him. -_-

That is so disturbing... I would probably smack that little kid and those other dudes all the way into the water and then start crying at the same time...

Tags
boys, crushes, weird