Quantcast Ebola - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2014, 09:03 AM

I find Ebola worrisome. I'm not terrified, I'm just worried. I think that everyone should prepare, just in case it spreads, and kills a lot of people, but that probably won't happen. We have good health care, good doctors. If anyone you know gets sick with it, or could easily get sick with it, avoid them, but wait for them to develop symptoms before you start freaking out. If Ebola becomes a big thing, and half the doctors leave the hospitals, hopefully you have things at home, like water bottles, canned food, and medicine. If things get to that, it may not be safe to drink from water fountains, or little things such as that. Don't forget, though, that there are other sicknesses other than Ebola that can kill you, and Ebola should not be the only thing worried about or prepared for. The flu kills many people each year, and it is airborne. Worry, but don't panic. This whole thing will most likely fade away, and you will not get Ebola as long as you are careful.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Awesome View Post
This scares me. We had to learn about it in history because we watch channel one news.

The news starts off with, "good morning!" and then proceeds to tell you why it is not.
That.... is the most true thing about news.
I'm sorry, I just needed to find something funny to say. Ebola terrifies me. It certaintly doesn't help that ALL the boys in my grade AND some of the eight graders at our school have started this stupid game called "Ebola". Basically, if you touch somebody that has "Ebola", you die. I absoulutley LOATHE this game. It is insulting to the nurses and doctors that are RISKING THEIR LIVES to help cure this disease, it certaintly isn't anything to joke about. It is also insulting to everybody that is having to deal with this terrifying epidemic. Our gym teacher said that she would make anybody else that joked about it write an essay about it, but other than that nobody is doing anything about it. My friends and I want to stop it, but we just don't know why. I really do worry about this. Sometimes I even can't sleep because of it. Everytime I think that it is finally over in the USA, someone else gets it. That wouldn't really affect me too much if it weren't for those STUPID KIDS at school who just think it's some kind of game. IT'S NOT, DAMN IT!
Old 11-01-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
That.... is the most true thing about news.
I'm sorry, I just needed to find something funny to say. Ebola terrifies me. It certaintly doesn't help that ALL the boys in my grade AND some of the eight graders at our school have started this stupid game called "Ebola". Basically, if you touch somebody that has "Ebola", you die. I absoulutley LOATHE this game. It is insulting to the nurses and doctors that are RISKING THEIR LIVES to help cure this disease, it certaintly isn't anything to joke about. It is also insulting to everybody that is having to deal with this terrifying epidemic. Our gym teacher said that she would make anybody else that joked about it write an essay about it, but other than that nobody is doing anything about it. My friends and I want to stop it, but we just don't know why. I really do worry about this. Sometimes I even can't sleep because of it. Everytime I think that it is finally over in the USA, someone else gets it. That wouldn't really affect me too much if it weren't for those STUPID KIDS at school who just think it's some kind of game. IT'S NOT, DAMN IT!
My brother and his friends at school play that same game, or something similar called: "ebola" I absolutely hate that kind of game that makes fun of people risking their life and dying. It's not a freaking game, okay?
Old 11-01-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
My brother and his friends at school play that same game, or something similar called: "ebola" I absolutely hate that kind of game that makes fun of people risking their life and dying. It's not a freaking game, okay?
THANK YOU. I wish those stupid teachers would DO something about it.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
THANK YOU. I wish those stupid teachers would DO something about it.
They really should, because it is NOT okay, and definitely NOT funny.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:14 PM

the media is making ebola seem bigger than it is.
if you're scared, you should watch john green's vlog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-24RP_-X-U

-relatable post #234
Old 11-02-2014, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmar View Post
listen To Me Very Very Clearly, Everyone:
Your Race Has absolutely Nothing To Do With Your Susceptibility To Any Sort Of Disease Or Virus, No Matter What Anyone Tells You.
Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh People Should Tell Me That Instead Of Spreading Lies!

Hugs And Kisses To You Emma R. Four For You. You Go Glen Coco.

And To The Rest Of The World Who As Further Made Me Worry About Being Multiracial? The Longest, Most Annoying Groan I Can Muster To You. *boos Loudly*

But Thank You For That! This Actually Makes Me Really Relieved. No, I Promise This Isn't Sarcasm. I'm Just Still Worried, But Partially Relieved. Thank
Old 11-04-2014, 11:33 AM

It still makes me nervous. Maybe because I live in New Mexico, so I'm closer, I don't really know, but it could mutate to become airborne, it could be airborne during certain stages... We don't really know for sure because we've never had to worry about it.

As my train rolls down the east coast
I wonder how you'll keep warm
It's too late to cry
Too broken to move on
And like autumn turns leaves
Winter will breathe cold on our necks
Snow in our paths
Wherever we go all that I know about us
Is that beautiful things never last
That's why fireflies flash
Old 11-04-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
Yes. I'm a freaking eight grader and people are like, you have Ebola, I have Ebola, these potato chips have Ebola. It's obnoxious, rude and immature.

As my train rolls down the east coast
I wonder how you'll keep warm
It's too late to cry
Too broken to move on
And like autumn turns leaves
Winter will breathe cold on our necks
Snow in our paths
Wherever we go all that I know about us
Is that beautiful things never last
That's why fireflies flash
Old 11-04-2014, 03:48 PM

I don't know why you worry about it becoming airborne. I mean, no one can predict how it mutates.

Stan Lee