Quantcast *{Not sure where this should go...}* Haha, let's obsess and discuss our crushes :3 - Page 706 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2015, 07:48 PM

I appreciate your trying to help, Lena, but I have no intentions of apologizing. I'm letting the matter rest and die away.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf

ok so besides all this religious stuff guys theres this bi girl at my school who is very much like me and very cute i just want to say this uwu

and also frostblaze i read your post and.......bible studies IS a religious thing tho??? not tryna b offensive but how can studying a book specifically created to guide a religion NOT be a religious thing.
and also like not all non-christians are going to hell like that was offensive bruh
Old 01-19-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostblaze View Post
According to what I believe, no, he will not be fine. And I believe that's the truth. umu
Dear, I hate to break it to you, but people who think that their beliefs are the *only* beliefs and if no one else believes the same as you then they're going to hell are the reason that there are disagreements and arguments over religion. I am done arguing you as I see you're not going to budge, but just some friendly advice: if you don't want to lose any friends/crushes I would suggest not pushing matters like this.

No more dreaming like a girl, like a girl so in love...with the wrong world.

Snow White's stitching up the circuitboard...

inside of me.

-quote on dA
Old 01-19-2015, 09:26 PM

Default This has been another rant with CosmoCat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostblaze View Post
I appreciate your trying to help, Lena, but I have no intentions of apologizing. I'm letting the matter rest and die away.
Hey there! I'm a fellow Christian who read over your conversation and I just wanted to add my two cents (if you stop reading now, I don't blame you, but like I said, this is just my opinion on talking to your atheist friend)

What you have just done is the exact thing that scares people away from Christianity. If you go around telling people they're going to Hell, are they going to listen to or enjoy what you have to say? Why be like Jesus if he just tells people they're wrong and they will rot in a burning hell controlled by the devil for the rest of their lives? I'm not saying that Heaven and Hell don't exist, but I'm saying that hitting them with the hard stuff is probably not the kind of first impression you want to make.

When you were little and in Sunday School, did the teachers say you were going to Hell because you didn't believe in Jesus or God yet? Because you were too young to have even been taught the basics like "God loves you for who you are" and "God forgives every mistake you make as long as you ask him to"? Because you would readily accept a powerful God who killed the people of Jericho, flooded the Earth, and drowned the Egyptian army in the Red Sea? No! Even the songs you sing as a child mention how loving and caring and accepting the Lord is (the "battle of Jericho" song doesn't mention that everyone but that one family died, okay).

So be respectful if your crush seems afraid to dive into the deep stuff (how quickly would he jump at the chance to have the book of Isaiah or Revelations read to him?) If you want to be friends or anything but bitter strangers, I would apologize for offending him. You don't have to apologize for your beliefs or for asking to share them with him, but I would apologize for accidentally upsetting him.

And then, sometime in the future if he willingly listens and does not seem upset or uncomfortable about it, tell him about the loving caring God. That Jesus you sing about who loves the little children of the world. The God who talked with a prostitute without saying "lady, i'm sorry, but you're going to hell". The God who loves the little children, who makes the weak strong, who forgives your every mistake, and who sends angels down to keep you safe. Maybe then he'll take an interest in going deeper, but if you seriously want this relationship (or any future pleasant encounters with atheists or people of other religions)

Apologize for offending him when you didn't mean to. At least.

Last edited by CosmoCat; 01-19-2015 at 09:30 PM. Reason: this seems shorter now that i'm done with it. & I'm sorry if I've offended anyone Christian or otherwise. & for spamming
Old 01-19-2015, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonWakedWolf View Post
ok so besides all this religious stuff guys theres this bi girl at my school who is very much like me and very cute i just want to say this uwu

and also frostblaze i read your post and.......bible studies IS a religious thing tho??? not tryna b offensive but how can studying a book specifically created to guide a religion NOT be a religious thing.
and also like not all non-christians are going to hell like that was offensive bruh
thats so cute!!!

yeh i agree. it is a religious thing lol.
yeah...
Old 01-20-2015, 10:20 AM

All I said to him was exactly the conversation I posted.
I have no regrets; I did something radical for the Lord, and I know that He is happy with me. What I said was something I worked on with my grandma, which is my pastor's wife.
PPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I actually don't need to justify myself. I know what I did was right. I was just venting out here, and I was being a tad offensive.
All I want is for him to see his mom....
Old 01-20-2015, 11:20 AM

oh my gosh i think ive made my platonic crush very obvious but she still ignores me???????? like why????
Old 01-21-2015, 08:13 AM

*reads the loooong conversation on Madie's problem* Man, I've been in your shoes. Naturally I would respect his opinion and not bring up the subject again. Religion can be a touchy subject so if he doesn't want to talk about, case closed. Unless he really needs it, you shouldn't try bringing it up again. Ok. Ive said my part.

#﹤(^_^﹤)
But then I was like...

(>^#^﹤)
"I'm hungry..."

(>^_^)> So I ate it.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:14 AM

More info on my love life:
I strongly believe he likes me. And he's warming up and things arent so awkward. Yay. Yeah that's pretty much it except for the part that i dont see him often sucks

#﹤(^_^﹤)
But then I was like...

(>^#^﹤)
"I'm hungry..."

(>^_^)> So I ate it.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
oh my gosh i think ive made my platonic crush very obvious but she still ignores me???????? like why????
she walked past me at least five times today and recognized me once

Tags
#foreveralone, *insert funny tag*, barbed wire is the worst, boys are weird..., boys are weird...., crushes, don't you know, gwen6eva, i like you <3, i love tags, i think i love you, i'm gay, i'm in love with lena, iffee <3, just had to add a tag, looooooove!, love doesn't exist..., my ferret ate my homework, notice me ;-;, oooooooh young love, sandy was here, tags y u so weird?, that you're toxic!, too much fighting >.>, ~snapple~