Quantcast The Movie! - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 11-21-2008, 05:27 PM

Default The Movie!

I haven't seen it yet, but i though I'd create a thread for the posts that will, inevitably, come up.

I read the review today, looks pretty cheesy! still totally excited, though....

What do/did you think about it?

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:22 PM

I Can't Wait To See It!!! Is It Out In England?!?!? If It Is I'm Going To See It Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:19 PM

should be... seems like it would open internationally....

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:42 PM

it will, C, but it doesn't open everywhere at the same time - like it might open 2 weeks later in the UK than for you guys in the US.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:09 PM

From most of the user reviews.... The movie sucked.
Most people are saying it didn't live up to expectations and was cheezy. The actors apparently were poorly cast, for most of them.
But there were a few optimists, some say it was pretty good, others say it was fantastic. I guess it all depends on your point of view.
I liked Twilight ok, as a book. I'm not a rabid fan-chick who says: OMG Edward Cullen... then faints. I thought the book was a bit overrated though.
Anyhoo, that's what I heard. I suppose all of you will find out when you go to see it in the theater tomorrow or next week or whenever.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Redhead

*sighs*
anyone can go ahead and hate it if they want, fine. BUT I AM TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH THE MOVIE. I AM OBSESSING OVER IT WITH MY FRIEND OVER IM RITE NOW.

yeah, in some places it was a terrible misinturpretation (like the Cullen's house--it is glass and modern and nothing like anything i imagined.). Jacob's big scence was cut down to like a minute and a half. Eddie didn't glitter nearly enough in the sun, they added some imaginary friend of Charlie's and Carlisle looked a little like Spock. but it was still totally and insanely awesome.
Emmet was totally played perfectly. Alice was perfect, Rosalie was perfect, Angela was perfect, Mike was perfect, Jasper was perfect. Jacob, needless to say, was beyond perfect. Edward, i hate to admit it, was really, really, really hot. Bella was played a lot better than i thought she would be. Eric was the comic relief, and there was funny staredown b/t Billy and Edward. Ppl in the theater laughed and we all screamed when Eddie came on. it was awesome. for me, anyways. so yeah. i loved it. it is mine.

o o
(-.-)
-(0)-
| |

LOOK!!! IZ A TEDY BEAR!!!
(thank you for your concern about my mental health)
Old 11-22-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
*sighs*
anyone can go ahead and hate it if they want, fine. BUT I AM TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH THE MOVIE. I AM OBSESSING OVER IT WITH MY FRIEND OVER IM RITE NOW.

yeah, in some places it was a terrible misinturpretation (like the Cullen's house--it is glass and modern and nothing like anything i imagined.). Jacob's big scence was cut down to like a minute and a half. Eddie didn't glitter nearly enough in the sun, they added some imaginary friend of Charlie's and Carlisle looked a little like Spock. but it was still totally and insanely awesome.
Emmet was totally played perfectly. Alice was perfect, Rosalie was perfect, Angela was perfect, Mike was perfect, Jasper was perfect. Jacob, needless to say, was beyond perfect. Edward, i hate to admit it, was really, really, really hot. Bella was played a lot better than i thought she would be. Eric was the comic relief, and there was funny staredown b/t Billy and Edward. Ppl in the theater laughed and we all screamed when Eddie came on. it was awesome. for me, anyways. so yeah. i loved it. it is mine.
TRAIROR!! Okay, one, EDWARD WAS NOT HOT!!! ALL MY EDWARD-OBSESSING FRIENDS agreed he was not hot. I admit I have not seen the movie, but, though Mike may have been perfect at the beginning, dancing in front of Charlie and Bella? Not him at all. And Rosalie? Though the actor may have been good, she wasn't even pretty. Alice, yes, okay, perfect. But in general the acting was either perfect, or totally suckish. And, okay, it was better than it could have been, but it could have been SO MUCH BETTER! And... yeah. By the way, what was up with Laurent being BLACK!?! I mean, not meaning to sound racist, but there are. No. Black. Vampires. So yeah... And...C'mon! Also, from what I've heard, it... Oh whatever. *shivers* and here I was thinking you were a good person... Okay, kidding about that, but still... I'm mad. I mean, it was a TERRIBLE interpretation of the book! And... and... *shivers* And besides, it was cheesy and freaky! I mean, ROBERT PATTISON IS UGGGLY! And, again, YOU SAY HE'S HOT!?!?! Okay, you have mental issues, esspecially because you are a Jacob fan. Again, traitor! Mental traitor!!

P.S. No offense, you know you're still my friend. You're just a mental-traitor friend! (Kidding! (mostly))

Last edited by Zoe; 11-22-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: I needed to add some more ranting
Old 11-22-2008, 06:43 PM

I agree with red, the movie was incredible. There were parts that were a bit wierd, and the cast was ok. (Eric Yorkie was the bomb!) When Bella walked into the biology room in that first scene I thought I was going to DIE of laughter! Edward was about to puke! He was holding his nose and covering his mouth, so funny! Taylor Launter had a total of about 10 minutes on screen! What is up with that?? The weirdest part was either The part where they showed Edward sucking the venom out of Bella. That was just creepy. He looked like he was, like, nibbling on her hand. *shudders* Creepiness. Another weird part was Edward sparkling. COME ON! He looked like he was sweating! It was nasty. But, overall I would give the move an A. Not an A+, but an A. It was a true masterpiece.

Random Person: So Tom, what is it that you do?

Tom: I uh, I write greeting cards.

Summer: Tom could be a really great architect if he wanted to be.

Partygoer: That's unusual, I mean, what made you go from one to the other?

Tom: I guess I just figured, why make something disposable like a building when you can make something that last forever, like a greeting card?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Redhead

Zoe:
i so, so, so (times 5,000) knew you were going to chew me out for what i posted. *laughs*
and yes, i have mental issues. Must you rub it in my face all the time? *winks*
and chill. i still love Jake. a lot. much more than stupid overprotective Eddie. but i can't hate Rob.
and yo, ppl, i was passing a people mag and the cover had to do with Rob and Kristen. They dating or something? and the word 'proposal' was on the cover. PROPSAL! TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW BOUT THAT!!!
and omg, in front of us there were these three little sixth grade boys. we annoyed them. it was fun. my friend managed to sound like a stalker without meaning to, and we found out they hadn't read the books (then why bother comign to the premeire, stupid?) they were there to see it with their girls from their homeroom. the girls came with their mom. hahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! we were cracking up at them during the preveiws, and since there were like three boys and seven girls, we called them "Little playas". they never made any moves tho, not even during the intense kissing scene. pity. we planned to chuck popcorn at them if they did.
oh, I agree with Kate.

o o
(-.-)
-(0)-
| |

LOOK!!! IZ A TEDY BEAR!!!
(thank you for your concern about my mental health)
Old 08-29-2009, 03:53 PM

I absolutley love Twilight and the weirdest (and kinda cool) thing happened today. I was walking in Evesham (Worcester - England) with my nan and mom and a guy walked past who looked EXACTLY like Robert Pattinson. For a split second I actually thought it was him and I started burning up, getting really excited. But I took another glance at him and realised it wasn't him...unfortunately. He was the same hight as Robert, his face shape and jaw line was exactly the same, his hair was identicle to his (he even messed with it in the same way) and he wore the things he would probably wear...and also, he walked in the same way. COOL! You should've totally been there!
Bye guys! Verity