Quantcast And Now Charbretta... - Page 502 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 10-12-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post
(*whispers*) I'm editing it a lil' bit to make sure everything is just right. Expect it sometime on Sunday or Mondayyyy. ;D (*throws confetti*) Would it be okay if I sent it to you through your Contact Tab?
Yessssss that would be awesome! I'm looking forward to it :3
Old 10-13-2014, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
Yessssss that would be awesome! I'm looking forward to it :3
(*whsipers*) check your inbox pleeeease!
Old 10-14-2014, 04:14 PM

*evil laughter*

;3

EHEHEHEHEHHHHHH *intense fangirling*
Old 10-15-2014, 04:38 AM

Quote:
*evil laughter*

;3

EHEHEHEHEHHHHHH *intense fangirling*
(*whispers*) And now you knowwww. The beautiful secret.

Not to crush your hopes and dreams or anything, but, Book Three is VERY hard on their relationship. They go through a LOT of things that they didn't deserve to have to deal with. (But it's not all sad I promise THERE ARE A LOT OF SUPER CUTE MOMENTS ALSO.) But.....AT ONE POINT AMBER ALMOST DIES TO SAVE HIM IT'S VERY EMOTIONAL I'M SO SORRY but then obviously it works out. Because, duh. He happens. (*points*)

Colin: ..... o_o Hmm?
Me: YOU'RE PROOF THAT I'M NOT A TERRIBLE PERSON!
Colin: O_e What?
Me: I DON'T KILL EITHER OF YOUR PARENTS OFF IN BOOK THREE. ISN'T THAT NICE.
Colin: O__O UM YEAH IT IS....please don't kill them in the last book, either.
Me: (*hugs him*) Of course not. <:^D I love my main characters.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:08 AM

Don't let me know. XD I want to be surprised!
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 10-15-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post
(*whispers*) And now you knowwww. The beautiful secret.

Not to crush your hopes and dreams or anything, but, Book Three is VERY hard on their relationship. They go through a LOT of things that they didn't deserve to have to deal with. (But it's not all sad I promise THERE ARE A LOT OF SUPER CUTE MOMENTS ALSO.) But.....AT ONE POINT AMBER ALMOST DIES TO SAVE HIM IT'S VERY EMOTIONAL I'M SO SORRY but then obviously it works out. Because, duh. He happens. (*points*)

Colin: ..... o_o Hmm?
Me: YOU'RE PROOF THAT I'M NOT A TERRIBLE PERSON!
Colin: O_e What?
Me: I DON'T KILL EITHER OF YOUR PARENTS OFF IN BOOK THREE. ISN'T THAT NICE.
Colin: O__O UM YEAH IT IS....please don't kill them in the last book, either.
Me: (*hugs him*) Of course not. <:^D I love my main characters.
A;ALDF;LAKSJDFLASD YES JUST YES I'M SORRY SACRIFICIAL LOVE IS THE BEST EVEN THOUGH IT'S THE SADDEST AND JUST COMMITMENT AND LOVE AND AAAH I CAN'T

And super cute moments.

Yes.

D'AWWWW SO MUCH LOVE I REALLY JUST CAN'T WAIT UNTIL YOUR BOOK IS PUBLISHED SO I CAN BUY IT AND CRY
Old 10-15-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
Don't let me know. XD I want to be surprised!
You sure? :> You've been a pretty faithful reader, too!! I can tell ya if you want; you certainly deserve it!!!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
A;ALDF;LAKSJDFLASD YES JUST YES I'M SORRY SACRIFICIAL LOVE IS THE BEST EVEN THOUGH IT'S THE SADDEST AND JUST COMMITMENT AND LOVE AND AAAH I CAN'T

And super cute moments.

Yes.

D'AWWWW SO MUCH LOVE I REALLY JUST CAN'T WAIT UNTIL YOUR BOOK IS PUBLISHED SO I CAN BUY IT AND CRY
I NEED TO POST MORE CHAPTERS OF BOOK ONE SO I CAN HURRY UP AND POST THE REST; I WANNA GET TO BOOK THREE SO YA'LL CAN ENJOY THE SHIP ;_;

Sometimes I feel like this book series isn't gonna actually get written until I'm 100
BUT I'LL MAKE IT HAPPEN SOONER...hopefully...(*anxious noises*)
Old 10-25-2014, 03:03 AM

Default i've actually been productive today, i swear

I JUST SPENT 30 MINUTES RESEARCHING ACCENTS AND DIALECTS.
WOAH I LEARNED A LOT. O__o

To make things clearer for everybody, Charlie's Troodainian accent is basically a southern twang. NOT a "drawl". For those of you who don't know the difference/don't live in America: A southern "drawl" is when someone breaks up words in the way they sound as they speak, making them longer/have more defined syllables. They also tend to speak slower. Charlie's NEVER sounded like that to me, but, I didn't know what to call it until now. It's a "twang". Just this slightly odd way to pronounce your vowels that sometimes makes them mesh together with consonants kind of odd. Like, "iron" comes out "aah-urn" instead of "eye-ern". They tend to drag out the vowels slightly, too, but not the whole word, like a drawl does. Also they often knock off the "g" in "-ing" words. (Hence every single Country song ever. :>)

BUT since I'm not gonna mess around too much with butchering the spellings of words to get across Char's accent (since that's very cumbersome and hard to read). I'm mostly gonna try to just play with his sentence structuring and word choice. Like, remember his occasional lack of contractions? I'm keeping that, somwhat. And he's also gonna have some moments where he doesn't know what English word to use, ("It is very, erm...the other word for interestin', starts with F, I think...fa...facin...???") or slips and uses a Troodainian word instead. ("You have been such a good nalii to me. Err, I mean, friend.") Because, y'know, it's not ACTUALLY a southern twang. It's an alien dialect. I have to make it up myself, at least partially.

But, rest assured: It's not that heavy or noticeable, anyway, so, it's totally fine if you don't care what he sounds like or forget. <:^D I just obsess over details like this. :> The most I'll do is knock of the last letter of "-ing" words and occasionally mention how Amber notices how he pronounces things differently than she does.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:05 AM

And yES I WROTE SOMETHING TODAY! (*dances*) I skipped ahead to a part of the plot I've been dying to write, to kind of gain some momentum in my writing. (I hit a brick wall with the current part I'm on, bleh. I hate describing slower scenes. ._.)

But, yeah. (*throws confetti*) WOT IS NOT DEAD; I PROMISE. ^w^ Just slow.

Tags
amber <3 charlie, ash da bomb, aziza<3, char-char, charbretta, charlie = unicorn, charlietheunicorn, confusing amber, derp =w=, ectroi=epic, flaming mangoes, heckata want zappy!, i love this book, lyall_areyel_was_here, not troodania, pancake=imbecile, pumabats oh yeah, sarastic amber :d, sketchpads >_>, stay fab!, story on kidpub, troodainia, what the hecklefang?, wot, yep