Quantcast A Hunger Games Fanfic We Write Together - Page 20 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Clubs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 10:43 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Could be a little longer and better written, but tis fine.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
Could be a little longer and better written, but tis fine.
I'll rewrite it.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 04-15-2012, 11:09 AM

It needs more detail.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:11 AM

My friend emailed me this.......

(I like her portrayl of Cassius, she based his corrections on me)

My name was called. I imagined home. Dirk and Crunch would be sat in front of the TV with the gang behind them, eyes on me. They would pass all the others off as wasters, even the Careers. Let’s face it, they cannot exactly face me. But my stupid mentor told me to get in with their gang, so I would.
“Hello Tetch!” there is a minor applause. Minor! They’d laughed hysterically at some earlier. Clearly they are stupid. “How do you feel to be here now?”
Caesar’s hair is a childish gold and he was wearing makeup like some girl. What a freak! Everyone in the Capitol is moronic. Sponsors don’t matter, not when the Gamemakers had given me a nine. Three points lost, which is pathetic. Failure is really not acceptable. So I will not fail.
“Alright,” I grunt. “The rest of the brats look a bit weedy. I’m gonna thin them out and kill them all.”
Applause. At least they see my view. I bet the gang back home are cheering. We’re not a gang in the strict sense of the word – we poach together, ensure we don’t get hassled and steal the odd bits of stuff no one wants. We don’t do anything serious. Pip, Crunch’s sister could make all sorts of stuff out of it. How she got by with Crunch for a brother, I don’t know. Pip was one of the girls I didn’t mess with, as her brother’s an absolute caveman.
“So your approach is basically kill?” Caesar asks, politely. His acting is worse than Crunch’s when he’s trying to get off with a girl. Crunch is an idiot. He wouldn’t last five minutes out here, he’d massacre the prep team for giving him a silver suit that makes me look stupid.
“Of course. I’m too good to do anything otherwise.” I reply. “The Capitol’s fine, but I want to go up from here. Home, that is. Where my people are. An’ they won’t make me mess about with clothes or that sort of thing.”
“Your reaction when your name was reaped, what were you feeling?”
“I can finally get a bit of money. My mother, she won’t give me no money…”
“Double negative.” I hear a voice, loudly correcting me. I think it was that cocky district four boy. I’m going to kill him first, and I’ll make it painful. He’ll beg me for mercy, but I won’t ever give him that.
“She’s a right waste of space. My father can’t do nothing…”
“Another double negative.”
Why won’t the idiot shut up? No one else can hear him, he’s just making me look like a fool when I keep stopping. Arrogant so-and-so.
“He had an accident years back!” I snarl “I need the money. Then I can get Crunch to agree to let me date his sister. Pip’s amazing. Love you babe!” I smiled. The audience clapped. “I don’t know why he wouldn’t let me earlier, I am his best mate, an’ we look out for each other.”
I don’t know what he had against me and Pip. I was so much better than the other guys Pip had liked. I was in the games, and I was going to win! Pip was going to be my girl, and no one was going to stop me now!
The claxon went. It seemed too short a time. It was that idiot interrupting me! I hope they ignore it back home. They will. Or I’ll kill them.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:10 PM

To be more fair, I came up with an idea to choose the winner of the Games. Wolfie posts our entry forms and our interviews in pairs of 5 or 6 and the Kidpubbers choose their favorite and vote on the winner. The person with the most votes wins.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganStrain View Post
To be more fair, I came up with an idea to choose the winner of the Games. Wolfie posts our entry forms and our interviews in pairs of 5 or 6 and the Kidpubbers choose their favorite and vote on the winner. The person with the most votes wins.
Yeah, that makes more sense than just someone saying "I was first so I win".
Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganStrain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwolf View Post
Yeah, that makes more sense than just someone saying "I was first so I win".
I think that's better as well.

Wait- so, would the new victor just take the last chapter? I know someone has the last chapter now, so would they just pick a different available one?
Old 04-16-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaMator View Post
I think that's better as well.

Wait- so, would the new victor just take the last chapter? I know someone has the last chapter now, so would they just pick a different available one?
Oh dear....um...I have the last chapter, so should I ask WW for another chapter or something? Let's ask her, because this thread was her idea, after all.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshadow View Post
Oh dear....um...I have the last chapter, so should I ask WW for another chapter or something? Let's ask her, because this thread was her idea, after all.
You don't need to ask for one yet, because you might win the poll.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 04-16-2012, 11:57 AM

Yeah. (I hope my friend doesn't win!)

Tags
*sobs over wolfwriter*, boomerang guy!!!!, emaafre is awesome, fandom, fanfic, gold eyeliner, group book, hunger games, logan was here!, lst <3 kiwara, tortilla, tributes, who added boomerang tag?