Quantcast Colleges - Page 6 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 02-08-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoCat View Post
When a college says they charge "out of state fees" they're really saying

"Whether or not you're from around here, WE LIKE TO SCREW EVERYONE EQUALLY. ENJOY YOUR DEBT SUCKAS."

because, seriously, who charges $40,000 a year simply because you wanted to eliminate the idea of out of state fees. seriously. the american education system is giving me a headache
Tell me about it. I hate figuring this shit out. I'm going to moving soon and long story short I won't be able to get in state tuition in the state that I'm moving to or the state that I'm living in now because f*ck me I won't be living in the new state for more than a year before I go to college there.
Me
~I See Fire-Ed Sheeran~

DFTBA
Old 02-08-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrybomb View Post
We had guests over yesterday, and of course the topic of school popped up. One of our guests kept telling me to become an engineer. /likereallytellingme//becomeanengineer//you'resmart//sobecomeanengineer/ and i'm like over here barely scraping by with pre-calc
I'm so sorry but this really entertains me and I don't know why.

So, similar-ish story.

I'm sitting in pre-calc with my 71% (that's barely a C) and my teacher is handing out tutors and I'm like "Oh well I need a tutor" and he looks at me and says "No you don't"

and I'm just sitting there like "uummmm yes I do you fudging imbusile look at me I passed last semester because you gave me two book reports for extra credit." Don't get me wrong, my calc teacher is great but I felt like smacking over the head with a textbook just then.
Me
~I See Fire-Ed Sheeran~

DFTBA
Old 02-09-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriluv91750 View Post
I'm so sorry but this really entertains me and I don't know why.

So, similar-ish story.

I'm sitting in pre-calc with my 71% (that's barely a C) and my teacher is handing out tutors and I'm like "Oh well I need a tutor" and he looks at me and says "No you don't"

and I'm just sitting there like "uummmm yes I do you fudging imbusile look at me I passed last semester because you gave me two book reports for extra credit." Don't get me wrong, my calc teacher is great but I felt like smacking over the head with a textbook just then.
yes, I hate when people go

"Oh, you're smart you can do it on your own"

and I'm like, "not easily, but I guess I can"

"What? a smart kid like you? you don't need help"

and my response is "Well, I can do it, but I'd have to eliminate my social life, spend little to no time everyday talking to my family, ignore my hobbies until summer break at the soonest, and I would only be able to eat, drink, and care for my mental health when it's convenient, which is in the middle of the night. So, yes, I can do it. but maybe I shouldn't do it"

at least my mom is open to me getting help whenever i can. she knows math can be hard, but with a lot of classes she's pretty okay with me staying late, getting help from the teacher, or e-mailing them questions. so at least i have that. -u-'
Old 02-19-2015, 05:15 PM

Default why is it so hard for me to change

Writing for a college classes: 5 pages? Heck yeah, a short paper! An extremely uninteresting and specific topic? I can do that. APA format, abstract, title page, minimum of 3 sources, and at least two pictures? I can totally do this thing; this assignment will be so easy! I'll be done in a week!

Writing for high school classes: What the hell do you mean I have to write three to five paragraphs. I don't wanna do this, just let me read the article and go home. What do you mean MLA formatting? Ugh, why do I have to use 3 in text citations, can't I just cite a thing in the bibliography and turn it in. I'm never gonna get this done! Give me at least 2 weeks instead of one!

the moral of this story is: once you've gone this far, it's hard to go back. like, seriously, i have to relearn MLA and how to write only what i need to say instead of throwing in lengthy filler sentences to meet the minimum page number requirement. ugh, why am i so weird?

Last edited by CosmoCat; 02-19-2015 at 05:18 PM. Reason: omg i have a month to work on the 2 paragraph assignment about artsy poems. this shouldn't be a problem but i'm making it one
Old 02-21-2015, 04:23 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoCat View Post
Writing for a college classes: 5 pages? Heck yeah, a short paper! An extremely uninteresting and specific topic? I can do that. APA format, abstract, title page, minimum of 3 sources, and at least two pictures? I can totally do this thing; this assignment will be so easy! I'll be done in a week!

Writing for high school classes: What the hell do you mean I have to write three to five paragraphs. I don't wanna do this, just let me read the article and go home. What do you mean MLA formatting? Ugh, why do I have to use 3 in text citations, can't I just cite a thing in the bibliography and turn it in. I'm never gonna get this done! Give me at least 2 weeks instead of one!

the moral of this story is: once you've gone this far, it's hard to go back. like, seriously, i have to relearn MLA and how to write only what i need to say instead of throwing in lengthy filler sentences to meet the minimum page number requirement. ugh, why am i so weird?
oHMYGOSH MLA IS THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE CAN IT JUST ROT IN A DEEP DARK PIT I HATE MLA

and my amazing teachers somehow forced us to do it in sIXTH GRADE even tho in our school they usually don't start making sourcing compulsory until late seventh grade/eighth grade sO MY INNOCENCE WAS RUINED AT AN EARLY AGE *sniffles*
Old 04-19-2015, 10:11 AM

Does anyone know any colleges with good creative writing programs that offer summer programs? I need something to do this summer. (But they're all super expensive - I mean, look at Columbia...)
Old 04-19-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
Does anyone know any colleges with good creative writing programs that offer summer programs? I need something to do this summer. (But they're all super expensive - I mean, look at Columbia...)
i've never done a summer program, but i went to a week-long writing camp once at a college in the next city. its a whole lot cheaper, usually. 0-0 but programs are nice bc sometimes they give you credit and practical things like that--and they're also a lot longer. they're actual courses.

but yeah idek D: personally i would try to look for programs in colleges nearby me so i wouldn't have to stay in their dorms and pay more (but then again i don't really know how this stuff works, so)
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 04-19-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrybomb View Post
i've never done a summer program, but i went to a week-long writing camp once at a college in the next city. its a whole lot cheaper, usually. 0-0 but programs are nice bc sometimes they give you credit and practical things like that--and they're also a lot longer. they're actual courses.

but yeah idek D: personally i would try to look for programs in colleges nearby me so i wouldn't have to stay in their dorms and pay more (but then again i don't really know how this stuff works, so)
ugh i know but i want to go somewhere this summer. it's more expensive but my town is boring and i don't want to go into philadelphia every day for a program because philly is boring too
Old 04-19-2015, 11:23 AM

i think i wanna do either product design or architectural drafting! or neuroscience sounds really cool and i got that internship this year so we'll see what happens. but i will still do the music thing yayy

first let's see if i even get accepted anywhere lol

@lizzie: well i kinda live across the country but san jose state has this really nice writing program i went to for a while (don't go there anymore though) but it's really far away from where you live and you need to provide your own transport to campus so that didn't help at all did it XD

Last edited by meerkat; 04-19-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:31 PM

i suddenly feel very stupid not having any idea what college im gonna go to or what kind of profession im gonna go into except singer and author which are unreliable as a primary occupation
*sigh* i am so screwed for the future