Quantcast I am starting to get fed up with the school board. - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > School
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2016, 08:34 PM

Default I am starting to get fed up with the school board.

They're trying to pass a bill that would prevent trans folks from using the changing room/bathroom of the gender they identify with. It's getting me really mad.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
They're trying to pass a bill that would prevent trans folks from using the changing room/bathroom of the gender they identify with. It's getting me really mad.
ughhh I hate school boards

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 03-02-2016, 10:30 PM

At this point it's mostly adults trying to solve problems for kids, without A) asking themselves if this is actually a problem or B) Asking the students (Whom their decision will be affecting) about their views on the issues.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:47 PM

I don't have a school board as such at my school- we have an SRC (student representative council) where you can request small changes, but they don't really do much. In fact, our school hasn't really mentioned anything about trans students/sexuality/gender confusion really, so I presume our principal doesn't have a problem with it. I feel really sorry for the people at your school, though- its very unfair.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:11 PM

oh yeah my school board has talked about gay students before but that was because I came out and everyone flipped out that was fun

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 03-21-2016, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
At this point it's mostly adults trying to solve problems for kids, without A) asking themselves if this is actually a problem or B) Asking the students (Whom their decision will be affecting) about their views on the issues.
Same with the entire Ministry of Education in our country :c
Old 03-21-2016, 08:28 AM

I am slightly confused by this, because there is gender, then there is biological sex. Bathrooms should be for the biological sex male or female, because changing it could make it easy and somewhat accepted for people to go in, including people like rapists. So... people pose as transgender... go into the bathroom... alone except for 1 person... easy bait for rapists.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicpenzzz View Post
I am slightly confused by this, because there is gender, then there is biological sex. Bathrooms should be for the biological sex male or female, because changing it could make it easy and somewhat accepted for people to go in, including people like rapists. So... people pose as transgender... go into the bathroom... alone except for 1 person... easy bait for rapists.
You do have a pretty good point, but I don't think that there are enough rapists around to just rule out trans rights entirely, nor does not allowing people of the opposite sex/gender into a bathroom stop rapists, bc they're gonna do it anyway and it might as well be the bathroom, while it does stop a bigger percentage of trans people because rules r rules, which would mean they have to go to the bathroom of their biological sex, therefore making them uncomfortable
However that's just my take on the situation though, I may not necessarily be right.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:43 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicpenzzz View Post
Rapists can already go into any bathroom they want so I don't really see what the problem is :|
Old 03-24-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Rapists can already go into any bathroom they want so I don't really see what the problem is :|
Exactly. There aren't going to be guards at each bathroom to keep rapists out either way so the bill does nothing except make life harder for trans people.

Tags
going to be a rant thread, possibly