Quantcast Writers Block - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 03-26-2016, 02:00 PM

Exclamation Writers Block

Hey,

As you have seen I haven't seen I haven't been writing Oak Elves and Why? recently, because of the horridness of WRITERS BLOCK!!!!

Yes, its terrible. So, if you guys could kindly put some ideas in the comments to mix up some thoughts.

Writers block in the devil to writers, the total sun to vampires, and the lion to a dear.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:50 PM

really my advice is to just write. you can write poetry or random snippets of narrative. anything to get your writing juices flowing again. Reading also helps. Not reading fluff books but reading books that make you want to write. Re-reading is good.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:14 PM

anything that gives you inspiration is good really, like books or music or art etc. also I find that it helps to get stress out of your life that may be disrupting your mental creativity, managing the troubles of your life, and making time to just write.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:55 AM

I've had a lot of trouble with writer's block but the biggest thing I'm learning to do is how to first draft correctly. Just write. Don't look back until you're finished. Even if it's utter crap. No one else has to read it but just write.
also music.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:11 AM

Maybe work on a back story for one of your characters, you might discover something new about them. And what I mean by this is...JUST WRITE, no planning, just sit down, and let the pencil, or pc curser, flow
Old 05-19-2016, 02:15 PM

The general consensus for if you have writer's block is, of course, to just write through it, and that works pretty well. Be warned that stuff written while writers block is fighting you will be complete and utter crap, but, that's okay because it's just a first draft, you can fix everything after.

The other thing I would suggest trying is plot the book, start with what you all ready have, and just jot down the major points, and continue on from there until your done. Then you know what you want to happen next, and if you get writers block in the future you can look at the plot points and see what direction your story needs to be going in.

And like Ember said, music helps a lot. Also, a change of scenery if you normally write in one place. Or just take a little break, scribble a couple of short stories or poems to get the creative juices flowing again. Getting rid of distractions is a good way to beat writers block too.
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey