Quantcast Character Introductions - Page 8 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2019, 02:24 PM

Olver smiled gently. He wanted to back away, being the shy kid he was, but after all that time on TV and his adventures with his friends- he realized somebody that didn't know who he was was probably a good thing.

tighter
When you want to give up
Be a

fighter
And when your flame dies down
I've got a

lighter

'cause I would do anything to help you shine brighter
Old 04-16-2019, 11:23 PM

The strange boy's smile put Lucas slightly at ease-it reminded him of how Carol had greeted him when she first met him. "Sorry about that," he mumbled abashedly, "I don't think before I talk sometimes." He extended his right hand towards the stranger. "Lucas Seymour."

-i found, amber run
Old 04-17-2019, 09:37 AM

"Oliver." He didn't say his last name. Not because he didn't trust the boy, but more because he wanted to enjoy being a stranger a little longer. So he shook the other kid's hand. Then he turned to the third boy. "And who are you?"

tighter
When you want to give up
Be a

fighter
I've got a

lighter

Old 04-20-2019, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly View Post
THEY WON'T LEAVE MY HEAD BUT I CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITH THEM SO HERE YOU GO

Lucas Seymour: wears his beautiful aviator cap, attempted murder of an abusive guardian at one point and he can't seem to live it down, timeline-sensitive

Cal Daniel: Real name Carol, Lucas calls her Care Bear. The first person outside of Lucas's sister to give him a real chance and become his friend. He adores her and it's mutual. She's super wry and smart and is also timeline-sensitive.

Lusa Seymour: Real name Luscinda, she's been described elsewhere, and is under a lot less flak than her brother and is thus doing what she can to provide opportunities for them both and be a Good Citizen while struggling with very similar trauma that he is

Skip: Full name: Sage Daniel. Cal's uncle and a Weirdo who is somehow also really good at smoothing situations and keeping communities from flying apart just by being circumspect and hilarious. His physical health is Trash and he's off-and-on taken out of commission by illness.

Mr. Reed Daniel: Cal's dad, he's a good Dad, he wears glasses that are constantly falling off his face and he's shoving them up his nose, he's very bookish but this is a recent development since he only started wearing glasses well into his adult life. He loves Shakespeare and swears by Jove.

Mrs. Jennifer Daniel: Cal's mom, nice and very chill, very adaptable, but also very kind and has moral standards she won't compromise.

Cal has at least one sibling but they're even more in the works than everyone else
No but now I want to write this story so much, as like a saga of adventure books a la Nancy drew or,,, idk pick your favorite fantasy kid's series. magic tree house? idk

but it would totally be the saga of The Librarian of Saint Andrew's (reed Daniel) because you see, while all the other characters endlessly get into crazy shenanigans about the nature of reality, redemption, and ancient texts and stuff, the Librarian is there watching and recording and worrying and generally being more normal than everyone else-and unconsciously tying the story together, sometimes just by his presence, just because sometimes a small thing he does sets things to rights for the others

because while some of us are called to do crazy amazing things
most of us are called to do amazing things in miniature
most of us are called to live in this world and love it even though it's really hard to love and hurts sometimes

so let Reed Daniel watch his daughter befriend this lost and lonely boy, let him already know that his brother fights the ancient evils of the past, let him have a wife who is his partner in all things whom he loves, let him have a little magic of his own, let him watch as things escalate and let him be passive and friendly and funny and quote obscure Shakespeare quotes at all adversities, let him be where he's supposed to be most of the time and let him break the rules every once in a while, let him be the center of this tale because he is tranquil and simple, not in spite of it.

Oh, by the way, Cal definitely has a sister named Norah now, she's smaller than Cal and shyer, but has a "i'm not even a legal adult yet and i'm already tired of this world's baloney" attitude that gives her unexpected moments of sass. Lucas likes her as a person a lot, but she doesn't like him.

-i found, amber run

Last edited by Gracithe1andonly; 04-20-2019 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
No but now I want to write this story so much, as like a saga of adventure books a la Nancy drew or,,, idk pick your favorite fantasy kid's series. magic tree house? idk

but it would totally be the saga of The Librarian of Saint Andrew's (reed Daniel) because you see, while all the other characters endlessly get into crazy shenanigans about the nature of reality, redemption, and ancient texts and stuff, the Librarian is there watching and recording and worrying and generally being more normal than everyone else-and unconsciously tying the story together, sometimes just by his presence, just because sometimes a small thing he does sets things to rights for the others

because while some of us are called to do crazy amazing things
most of us are called to do amazing things in miniature
most of us are called to live in this world and love it even though it's really hard to love and hurts sometimes

so let Reed Daniel watch his daughter befriend this lost and lonely boy, let him already know that his brother fights the ancient evils of the past, let him have a wife who is his partner in all things whom he loves, let him have a little magic of his own, let him watch as things escalate and let him be passive and friendly and funny and quote obscure Shakespeare quotes at all adversities, let him be where he's supposed to be most of the time and let him break the rules every once in a while, let him be the center of this tale because he is tranquil and simple, not in spite of it.

Oh, by the way, Cal definitely has a sister named Norah now, she's smaller than Cal and shyer, but has a "i'm not even a legal adult yet and i'm already tired of this world's baloney" attitude that gives her unexpected moments of sass. Lucas likes her as a person a lot, but she doesn't like him.
I really love it

tighter
When you want to give up
Be a

fighter
I've got a

lighter

Old 04-22-2019, 09:13 PM

Okay but Abbi's Rescue/whatever I'm going to call the series characters

Quinn: Thinks she's smarter than she actually is, doesn't want to beat herself up but feels bad if she gives herself too much credit. Stubborn as hell and doesn't see why nobody but Ellie realizes who Abbi really is. Aquarius

Izzy: Just here to make sure Ellie and Quinn don't kill each other. A huge cinnamon roll oh my god. Also, sure whatever Paige says, Paige is cool, Izzy thinks Paige is right and has a point because even though they are polarities they have a shockingly similar thought process. Pisces.

Abbi: Poor girl won't accept destiny. She's a fighter and won't give up for shit and also quite stubborn, considering she's cardinal. Don't have much on her yet but she thinks Paige is ok even though Paige is growing less and less sure about Abbi. Probably not going to get along with Zoe as much as some polarities do but okay. Aries.

(skipping Ava, Zoe, Paris, Wynn and the unnamed ones)

Ellie: Just wants to have a good time. A tomboy, sort of, but not really. Hangs out with Quinn because I mean she generally enjoys playful-bickering with her and knows she feels the same. Thinks Quinn is right about the whole Abbi is Aries situation but cares more about having fun while she's still on Earth (is the Astrological Base on Earth? I was thinking in another dimension so I guess not) because I don't think she realizes what a blast she'll have once term starts. Leo.

Paige: My child. Honestly thinks Quinn and Ellie are nuts so they are not really going to take too much action about the whole Abbi situation until the end of the book. Your average Virgo: a bookie, neat, just wants to have a healthy life and good relationships with everyone. Probably way deeper that we all thought and girl you are not stupid and if you say that one more time Quinn and Izzy will murder you because they are tired of hearing that. And Ellie probably will do nothing you guys don't really talk all too much. Virgo.

Um that's allllllllll I mean I could go into the Elemental Spirits: Jess and Nellie and Hannah and Justice but I really don't have time this took out of my writing time anyway so yeah

tighter
When you want to give up
Be a

fighter
I've got a

lighter

Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty View Post
Okay but Abbi's Rescue/whatever I'm going to call the series characters

Quinn: Thinks she's smarter than she actually is, doesn't want to beat herself up but feels bad if she gives herself too much credit. Stubborn as hell and doesn't see why nobody but Ellie realizes who Abbi really is. Aquarius

Izzy: Just here to make sure Ellie and Quinn don't kill each other. A huge cinnamon roll oh my god. Also, sure whatever Paige says, Paige is cool, Izzy thinks Paige is right and has a point because even though they are polarities they have a shockingly similar thought process. Pisces.

Abbi: Poor girl won't accept destiny. She's a fighter and won't give up for shit and also quite stubborn, considering she's cardinal. Don't have much on her yet but she thinks Paige is ok even though Paige is growing less and less sure about Abbi. Probably not going to get along with Zoe as much as some polarities do but okay. Aries.

(skipping Ava, Zoe, Paris, Wynn and the unnamed ones)

Ellie: Just wants to have a good time. A tomboy, sort of, but not really. Hangs out with Quinn because I mean she generally enjoys playful-bickering with her and knows she feels the same. Thinks Quinn is right about the whole Abbi is Aries situation but cares more about having fun while she's still on Earth (is the Astrological Base on Earth? I was thinking in another dimension so I guess not) because I don't think she realizes what a blast she'll have once term starts. Leo.

Paige: My child. Honestly thinks Quinn and Ellie are nuts so they are not really going to take too much action about the whole Abbi situation until the end of the book. Your average Virgo: a bookie, neat, just wants to have a healthy life and good relationships with everyone. Probably way deeper that we all thought and girl you are not stupid and if you say that one more time Quinn and Izzy will murder you because they are tired of hearing that. And Ellie probably will do nothing you guys don't really talk all too much. Virgo.

Um that's allllllllll I mean I could go into the Elemental Spirits: Jess and Nellie and Hannah and Justice but I really don't have time this took out of my writing time anyway so yeah
dude i'm not familiar with astrology but this sounds cool

I love Paige so much

-i found, amber run
Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM

Quote:
dude i'm not familiar with astrology but this sounds cool

I love Paige so much
thanks

the fist two chapters are on the nsp (oh wow i'm actually posting there) if you want t check it out

tighter
When you want to give up
Be a

fighter
I've got a

lighter

Tags
first tag woot, kayla was here