Quantcast Gay Marriage? - Page 154 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
  #1531  
Old 10-30-2012, 12:18 PM
HeatherB HeatherB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: between insane and insecure
Posts: 7,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelist View Post
If God had put a man with Adam, this thread today would be arguing if different-sex marriage was allowed. It doesn't change.
Yup. I'm pretty sure God only put a woman with Adam because, well, let's face it--reproduction. He didn't necessarily want them to fall in love or anything, He was probably just making sure his new creations could 'be fruitful and multiply' or whatever. xD Love notwithstanding...

The reason we mainly have this problem right now is because the majority of the human race is heterosexual. Therefore, we're hating on the minority--as we've been known to do over the years, like with racial discrimination. People don't seem to realize, though, that there're a lot of different types of sexualities--it's not just limited to hetero or homo. An example of non-minority hate would be: more people have brown eyes than blue. In fact, blue eyes are considered to be a mutation. Yet do we cast out blue-eyed people from our society? Um, no. It's stupid. And casting out homosexuals from our society is stupid as well. The Bible says a lot of things, you can't just cherry-pick and take out whatever you want just so you can hate on these people--you could also hate on people who are divorced, or people who don't have slaves. And yet we don't! So really, hating on homosexuals is just ridiculous. That's all it is. And we should stop it, and it probably--hopefully--will stop eventually.
__________________
and of course i f o r g i v e
i've seen how you live
like a phoenix you r i s e
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Reply With Quote
  #1532  
Old 10-30-2012, 12:46 PM
otaku otaku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cabeswater
Posts: 6,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Yup. I'm pretty sure God only put a woman with Adam because, well, let's face it--reproduction. He didn't necessarily want them to fall in love or anything, He was probably just making sure his new creations could 'be fruitful and multiply' or whatever. xD Love notwithstanding...

The reason we mainly have this problem right now is because the majority of the human race is heterosexual. Therefore, we're hating on the minority--as we've been known to do over the years, like with racial discrimination. People don't seem to realize, though, that there're a lot of different types of sexualities--it's not just limited to hetero or homo. An example of non-minority hate would be: more people have brown eyes than blue. In fact, blue eyes are considered to be a mutation. Yet do we cast out blue-eyed people from our society? Um, no. It's stupid. And casting out homosexuals from our society is stupid as well. The Bible says a lot of things, you can't just cherry-pick and take out whatever you want just so you can hate on these people--you could also hate on people who are divorced, or people who don't have slaves. And yet we don't! So really, hating on homosexuals is just ridiculous. That's all it is. And we should stop it, and it probably--hopefully--will stop eventually.
*clap in awe* Very good points. I would not want to debate against you. XD
__________________
t i r e d
Reply With Quote
  #1533  
Old 10-30-2012, 12:52 PM
HeatherB HeatherB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: between insane and insecure
Posts: 7,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaku View Post
*clap in awe* Very good points. I would not want to debate against you. XD
*bows* Thank you. And yeah, neither would I.
__________________
and of course i f o r g i v e
i've seen how you live
like a phoenix you r i s e
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Reply With Quote
  #1534  
Old 10-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Jack Jack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere In Canada..................
Posts: 6,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelist View Post
If God had put a man with Adam, this thread today would be arguing if different-sex marriage was allowed. It doesn't change.
But he didn't, so your point is moot.
__________________
Mrs. Jensen: With him the customer was always number one. Oscar always treated people with great respect.
Oscar Leroy: [suddenly enters] Hey jackass, stop talking to this old wing-nut and pump my gas!
Brent LeRoy: Well, he's a people person.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Reply With Quote
  #1535  
Old 10-30-2012, 01:05 PM
sigfig sigfig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
But he didn't, so your point is moot.
But Christianity is your religion, not a factual history, and nobody else need follow your religion, therefore your point is moot.
__________________
Coffins: http://www.kidpub.com/story/coffins-318126128
Reply With Quote
  #1536  
Old 10-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Jack Jack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere In Canada..................
Posts: 6,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Yup. I'm pretty sure God only put a woman with Adam because, well, let's face it--reproduction. He didn't necessarily want them to fall in love or anything, He was probably just making sure his new creations could 'be fruitful and multiply' or whatever. xD Love notwithstanding...

The reason we mainly have this problem right now is because the majority of the human race is heterosexual. Therefore, we're hating on the minority--as we've been known to do over the years, like with racial discrimination. People don't seem to realize, though, that there're a lot of different types of sexualities--it's not just limited to hetero or homo. An example of non-minority hate would be: more people have brown eyes than blue. In fact, blue eyes are considered to be a mutation. Yet do we cast out blue-eyed people from our society? Um, no. It's stupid. And casting out homosexuals from our society is stupid as well. The Bible says a lot of things, you can't just cherry-pick and take out whatever you want just so you can hate on these people--you could also hate on people who are divorced, or people who don't have slaves. And yet we don't! So really, hating on homosexuals is just ridiculous. That's all it is. And we should stop it, and it probably--hopefully--will stop eventually.
I just showed that the bible does allow divorce in some instances and Tiresomehoopla just posted a link to a page about you claim that slavery is approved of in the bible, we are not 'cherry picking'. The bible says clearly that Homosexuality is wrong, so to be a Christian, you can't be gay. And that's all, I'm not suggesting that what the bible says is a reason that the non-christian population can't marry if they're Gay.

PS: If you want to see the reason I personally don't thing Gay marriage should be allowed *points to Political venting Thread* read what me and Shadowtide said.
__________________
Mrs. Jensen: With him the customer was always number one. Oscar always treated people with great respect.
Oscar Leroy: [suddenly enters] Hey jackass, stop talking to this old wing-nut and pump my gas!
Brent LeRoy: Well, he's a people person.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Reply With Quote
  #1537  
Old 10-30-2012, 01:15 PM
HeatherB HeatherB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: between insane and insecure
Posts: 7,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I just showed that the bible does allow divorce in some instances and Tiresomehoopla just posted a link to a page about you claim that slavery is approved of in the bible, we are not 'cherry picking'. The bible says clearly that Homosexuality is wrong, so to be a Christian, you can't be gay. And that's all, I'm not suggesting that what the bible says is a reason that the non-christian population can't marry if they're Gay.

PS: If you want to see the reason I personally don't thing Gay marriage should be allowed *points to Political venting Thread* read what me and Shadowtide said.
But you were, until I brought up those points. And oh, really? Where does the Bible say that--in a context that was not meant for a story about rape, or a context that also includes pro-slavery comments? I know you're not suggesting that, but--there are people out there who are Christian. They were raised in a Christian family and they have found the light of God and they believe. And, oh, yeah, they just happen to like people of their same sex. Big deal. And, oh, yeah, they might even like BOTH genders! Or maybe they're not sexually attracting to anyone--and to that I say, "So what?" Who cares? It's not like it's their decision, after all, to be homosexual or bisexual or asexual or pansexual or ANYTHING. You can't control having darker skin than people or lighter skin than people, you can't control having blue eyes--which are a mutation, BTW--and you can't control having curly or straight hair. Oh well! Not your decision, it's just what you are. And I don't see anything wrong with being who you are--isn't that what people like to encourage these days, anyways, with what social media becoming ingrained in stereotypes and skinny models prancing around? Bible or not, gay or straight, it doesn't matter. Gay marriage is a wonderful thing--to be able to give love and to be able to receive it--and so is straight marriage. It doesn't matter. Now, about this personal reason--link, please?
__________________
and of course i f o r g i v e
i've seen how you live
like a phoenix you r i s e
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Reply With Quote
  #1538  
Old 10-30-2012, 01:18 PM
HeatherB HeatherB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: between insane and insecure
Posts: 7,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
But Christianity is your religion, not a factual history, and nobody else need follow your religion, therefore your point is moot.
*applause*
__________________
and of course i f o r g i v e
i've seen how you live
like a phoenix you r i s e
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Reply With Quote
  #1539  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Tiresomehoopla Tiresomehoopla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chenarus
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Yup. I'm pretty sure God only put a woman with Adam because, well, let's face it--reproduction. He didn't necessarily want them to fall in love or anything, He was probably just making sure his new creations could 'be fruitful and multiply' or whatever. xD Love notwithstanding...

The reason we mainly have this problem right now is because the majority of the human race is heterosexual. Therefore, we're hating on the minority--as we've been known to do over the years, like with racial discrimination. People don't seem to realize, though, that there're a lot of different types of sexualities--it's not just limited to hetero or homo. An example of non-minority hate would be: more people have brown eyes than blue. In fact, blue eyes are considered to be a mutation. Yet do we cast out blue-eyed people from our society? Um, no. It's stupid. And casting out homosexuals from our society is stupid as well. The Bible says a lot of things, you can't just cherry-pick and take out whatever you want just so you can hate on these people--you could also hate on people who are divorced, or people who don't have slaves. And yet we don't! So really, hating on homosexuals is just ridiculous. That's all it is. And we should stop it, and it probably--hopefully--will stop eventually.
And what you fail to realize is that anyone "hating" on homosexuals is also sinning. The bible never said to hate on them and call them stupid, or even use their sin as an insult, as a matter of fact, the bible says to love your enemies. (Homosexuals aren't even our enemies...)
__________________
Error:Signature.exe not found
Reply With Quote
  #1540  
Old 10-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Tiresomehoopla Tiresomehoopla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chenarus
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
But Christianity is your religion, not a factual history, and nobody else need follow your religion, therefore your point is moot.
I can give you 10 prophesies fulfilled-all in 1948.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
But you were, until I brought up those points. And oh, really? Where does the Bible say that--in a context that was not meant for a story about rape, or a context that also includes pro-slavery comments? I know you're not suggesting that, but--there are people out there who are Christian. They were raised in a Christian family and they have found the light of God and they believe. And, oh, yeah, they just happen to like people of their same sex. Big deal. And, oh, yeah, they might even like BOTH genders! Or maybe they're not sexually attracting to anyone--and to that I say, "So what?" Who cares? It's not like it's their decision, after all, to be homosexual or bisexual or asexual or pansexual or ANYTHING. You can't control having darker skin than people or lighter skin than people, you can't control having blue eyes--which are a mutation, BTW--and you can't control having curly or straight hair. Oh well! Not your decision, it's just what you are. And I don't see anything wrong with being who you are--isn't that what people like to encourage these days, anyways, with what social media becoming ingrained in stereotypes and skinny models prancing around? Bible or not, gay or straight, it doesn't matter. Gay marriage is a wonderful thing--to be able to give love and to be able to receive it--and so is straight marriage. It doesn't matter. Now, about this personal reason--link, please?
That's like saying sin is ok because it's who you are. Being addicted to lust or alcohol is ok because it's who you are. Hitler was fine-it was who he was. Same goes for Joseph Stalin and Vladimir Lenin.
__________________
Error:Signature.exe not found

Last edited by Tiresomehoopla; 10-30-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
*bi high five*, being gay is fine, calm down y'all, dear lord, delete next tag->, don't delete me!, dont fight, elephant dung!, gay is ok, gay is okay, gay marriage ftw, go washington!, hat the sin not the siner, hating gay marrige, if only you knew me, im gay, im gay and kp scares me, it's a paradox! o_o, it's okay to be gay, not you the gay sex one, nyan cat, pumpkin pie is evil!! :'(, what sin?, why is my tag gone??, y u so mean 2 gays

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.