Quantcast Gay Marriage? - Page 163 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
  #1621  
Old 11-01-2012, 03:02 PM
TheMoonWakedWolf TheMoonWakedWolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: karl marx is my father
Posts: 17,106
Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf
Default

I am super late on this-- *facepalm*-- but I am personally for gay marriage, despite the fact it "goes against" my religion. I don't believe homosexuals are going to Hell, which is pretty much what my entire church wants us to believe, (which is sad). Sexual preference does not make you an evil person. Some of the greatest people I know are interested in the same/both genders. If anything, they're going straight to Heaven. So.

Rainbow/LGBT pride FTW.
__________________
m i k e a r u b a
Reply With Quote
  #1622  
Old 11-01-2012, 03:05 PM
otaku otaku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cabeswater
Posts: 6,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonWakedWolf View Post
I am super late on this-- *facepalm*-- but I am personally for gay marriage, despite the fact it "goes against" my religion. I don't believe homosexuals are going to Hell, which is pretty much what my entire church wants us to believe, (which is sad). Sexual preference does not make you an evil person. Some of the greatest people I know are interested in the same/both genders. If anything, they're going straight to Heaven. So.

Rainbow/LGBT pride FTW.
*rainbow/LGBT pride fistbump* :D
__________________
t i r e d

Last edited by otaku; 11-01-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1623  
Old 11-01-2012, 03:07 PM
TheMoonWakedWolf TheMoonWakedWolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: karl marx is my father
Posts: 17,106
Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaku View Post
*rainbow/LGBT pride fistbump*
Whoop! :D *fistbump indeed*
__________________
m i k e a r u b a
Reply With Quote
  #1624  
Old 11-01-2012, 04:09 PM
sigfig sigfig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I'm sure you could also prove (with enough studies) that rapists and murderers like doing what they do, because of genetics and prenatal hormones also.

As Shadowtide pointed out, it wasn't the slippery slope fallacy, my point is that if you make a legal exception for gay people, then LEGALLY you have to also make and exception for Polygamous people.

And, look. I'm fine with them being gay, and being together. But I don't think they should be able to marry because of what I just said.
However, rape and murder infringes on the rights of someone else and directly harms other citizens whereas homosexuality does not.

It was the slippery slope fallacy; you tried to prove that something is wrong by saying that it would lead to something else, which would be wrong. You do not LEGALLY have to make an exception to polygamous people. You don't. I'm not saying that polygamy is wrong or right, but it is in now way TIED to gay marriage.

What did you just say?
__________________
Coffins: http://www.kidpub.com/story/coffins-318126128
Reply With Quote
  #1625  
Old 11-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Jack Jack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere In Canada..................
Posts: 6,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
However, rape and murder infringes on the rights of someone else and directly harms other citizens whereas homosexuality does not.

It was the slippery slope fallacy; you tried to prove that something is wrong by saying that it would lead to something else, which would be wrong. You do not LEGALLY have to make an exception to polygamous people. You don't. I'm not saying that polygamy is wrong or right, but it is in now way TIED to gay marriage.

What did you just say?
Fair enough.

Not that it would lead to something else, but that Polygamous people are as different as Heterosexuals and Homosexuals just that instead of the gender difference its the number of people. So if we allow Gays to marry why can't Polygamous people? The difference is just as big.
__________________
Mrs. Jensen: With him the customer was always number one. Oscar always treated people with great respect.
Oscar Leroy: [suddenly enters] Hey jackass, stop talking to this old wing-nut and pump my gas!
Brent LeRoy: Well, he's a people person.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Reply With Quote
  #1626  
Old 11-01-2012, 06:52 PM
L.S.Trendom L.S.Trendom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift
Posts: 58,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Fair enough.

Not that it would lead to something else, but that Polygamous people are as different as Heterosexuals and Homosexuals just that instead of the gender difference its the number of people. So if we allow Gays to marry why can't Polygamous people? The difference is just as big.
For reasons stated before, I think there's a larger difference.
And do you have an argument if we support polygamy?
Reply With Quote
  #1627  
Old 11-01-2012, 07:21 PM
HeatherB HeatherB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: between insane and insecure
Posts: 7,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonWakedWolf View Post
I am super late on this-- *facepalm*-- but I am personally for gay marriage, despite the fact it "goes against" my religion. I don't believe homosexuals are going to Hell, which is pretty much what my entire church wants us to believe, (which is sad). Sexual preference does not make you an evil person. Some of the greatest people I know are interested in the same/both genders. If anything, they're going straight to Heaven. So.

Rainbow/LGBT pride FTW.
Awesomesauce. You just earned 100000 more points in my book, BTW, which is cool since you already had like quadruple that to begin with.
__________________
and of course i f o r g i v e
i've seen how you live
like a phoenix you r i s e
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Reply With Quote
  #1628  
Old 11-01-2012, 08:23 PM
sigfig sigfig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Fair enough.

Not that it would lead to something else, but that Polygamous people are as different as Heterosexuals and Homosexuals just that instead of the gender difference its the number of people. So if we allow Gays to marry why can't Polygamous people? The difference is just as big.
The difference is just as big, but not connected. Just like it would be a fallacious argument to say that we can't have interracial marriage because it'll lead to gay marriage. If you take away the race requirement, it has nothing to do with the gender requirement, which has nothing to do with the numerical requirement, or age requirement, or species requirement. They are separate issues.
__________________
Coffins: http://www.kidpub.com/story/coffins-318126128
Reply With Quote
  #1629  
Old 11-02-2012, 12:44 AM
EmmaR EmmaR is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: skeleton hell
Posts: 6,943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Because you are making a legal exception for two people of the same gender, and if you do that, you can't leave out the Polygamous people, because they're as different as Heterosexuals are from Homosexuals. Just instead of the gender difference its the number of people.
No. You're wrong.
AND THIS ARGUMENT IS NOT ABOUT RELIGIOUS MARRIAGE. THERE IS NO GOD IN MARRIAGE.
You want an argument against polygamy? I'll give you an argument against polygamy. If we allow more than two people to marry, a group of people can easily take advantage of the marriage benefits. Legally, it would be economically unwise for the state to allow polygamy. There. There's your argument.
Now stop relating gay marriage to polygamy. They are two very separate issues.
__________________
zooweemama
Reply With Quote
  #1630  
Old 11-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Jack Jack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere In Canada..................
Posts: 6,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaR View Post
No. You're wrong.
AND THIS ARGUMENT IS NOT ABOUT RELIGIOUS MARRIAGE. THERE IS NO GOD IN MARRIAGE.
You want an argument against polygamy? I'll give you an argument against polygamy. If we allow more than two people to marry, a group of people can easily take advantage of the marriage benefits. Legally, it would be economically unwise for the state to allow polygamy. There. There's your argument.
Now stop relating gay marriage to polygamy. They are two very separate issues.
I'm didn't even mention anything religious in that post, and I haven't used as an argument at all.


No, actually they are very similar, the difference is just as big between Heterosexuals and Homosexuals. And who are you to say that they can't just because of the economy, if they love each-other then (using what you're always saying about Gay marriage) they should be allowed to marry!
__________________
Mrs. Jensen: With him the customer was always number one. Oscar always treated people with great respect.
Oscar Leroy: [suddenly enters] Hey jackass, stop talking to this old wing-nut and pump my gas!
Brent LeRoy: Well, he's a people person.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?

Last edited by Jack; 11-02-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
*bi high five*, being gay is fine, calm down y'all, dear lord, delete next tag->, don't delete me!, dont fight, elephant dung!, gay is ok, gay is okay, gay marriage ftw, go washington!, hat the sin not the siner, hating gay marrige, if only you knew me, im gay, im gay and kp scares me, it's a paradox! o_o, it's okay to be gay, not you the gay sex one, nyan cat, pumpkin pie is evil!! :'(, what sin?, why is my tag gone??, y u so mean 2 gays

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.