Quantcast Gay Marriage? - Page 164 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
  #1631  
Old 11-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Jack Jack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere In Canada..................
Posts: 6,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
The difference is just as big, but not connected. Just like it would be a fallacious argument to say that we can't have interracial marriage because it'll lead to gay marriage. If you take away the race requirement, it has nothing to do with the gender requirement, which has nothing to do with the numerical requirement, or age requirement, or species requirement. They are separate issues.
Was there ever an argument over interracial marriage?
My point is that if you make an exception and take away one of them, why not take out the other one as well? If you don't then your being a hypocrite.
__________________
Mrs. Jensen: With him the customer was always number one. Oscar always treated people with great respect.
Oscar Leroy: [suddenly enters] Hey jackass, stop talking to this old wing-nut and pump my gas!
Brent LeRoy: Well, he's a people person.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Reply With Quote
  #1632  
Old 11-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Tiresomehoopla Tiresomehoopla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chenarus
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonWakedWolf View Post
I am super late on this-- *facepalm*-- but I am personally for gay marriage, despite the fact it "goes against" my religion. I don't believe homosexuals are going to Hell, which is pretty much what my entire church wants us to believe, (which is sad). Sexual preference does not make you an evil person. Some of the greatest people I know are interested in the same/both genders. If anything, they're going straight to Heaven. So.

Rainbow/LGBT pride FTW.
Does your church even mention salvation?
__________________
Error:Signature.exe not found
Reply With Quote
  #1633  
Old 11-02-2012, 04:14 PM
sigfig sigfig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Was there ever an argument over interracial marriage?
My point is that if you make an exception and take away one of them, why not take out the other one as well? If you don't then your being a hypocrite.
Facepalm. Go look at a bit of history. Civil rights and such. It's only been half a century since interracial marriages were shunned.

If you make an exception for race, and say that marriage doesn't need to be between two people of the same race, then you have to take it away for gay marriage. Right, according to your logic?

I don't even know wht to say anymore. Your argument is the epitome of slippery slope. It's fallacious and makes no sense. Why would keeping monogamy make me a hypocrite? Why? Erasing one condition doesn't mean you have to erase them all.
__________________
Coffins: http://www.kidpub.com/story/coffins-318126128
Reply With Quote
  #1634  
Old 11-02-2012, 06:09 PM
shadowtide shadowtide is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rohan
Posts: 4,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
Does your church even mention salvation?
I think C.T. is Catholic (correct me if I'm wrong, C.T. :P), and the Catholic Church doesn't teach that gay people can't be saved. An individual gay person goes to Heaven or Hell on the same basis that a straight person does (faith and obedience to God). The Church doesn't teach that homosexual feelings are a sin either; it's only if a person knows it's wrong and deliberately acts on those feelings that it's sinful.
Reply With Quote
  #1635  
Old 11-02-2012, 07:07 PM
L.S.Trendom L.S.Trendom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift
Posts: 58,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I'm didn't even mention anything religious in that post, and I haven't used as an argument at all.


No, actually they are very similar, the difference is just as big between Heterosexuals and Homosexuals. And who are you to say that they can't just because of the economy, if they love each-other then (using what you're always saying about Gay marriage) they should be allowed to marry!
If two people love each other, but one is in jail, then the other should be allowed to kill people to break the other out of jail!
/orsomethingalongthoselines
Reply With Quote
  #1636  
Old 11-02-2012, 08:32 PM
wildwolf wildwolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
If two people love each other, but one is in jail, then the other should be allowed to kill people to break the other out of jail!
/orsomethingalongthoselines
That's retarded, LST.
If two people love each other, but one is in jail, the other pays bail. -_-;
__________________
"Diamonds are found only in the dark places of the earth; truths are found only in the depths of thought." -Victor Hugo
Reply With Quote
  #1637  
Old 11-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Jack Jack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere In Canada..................
Posts: 6,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
Facepalm. Go look at a bit of history. Civil rights and such. It's only been half a century since interracial marriages were shunned.

If you make an exception for race, and say that marriage doesn't need to be between two people of the same race, then you have to take it away for gay marriage. Right, according to your logic?

I don't even know wht to say anymore. Your argument is the epitome of slippery slope. It's fallacious and makes no sense. Why would keeping monogamy make me a hypocrite? Why? Erasing one condition doesn't mean you have to erase them all.
Shunned? Or was 'rule' like gay marriage? if so then my argument is invalid.





My reasoning is that if you erase on for gays, then the 'rules' become nothing, why not erase another? The difference between heterosexuals and homosexuals is just a big a difference that is between homosexuals and Polygamous people. Your being a hypocrite because your using the same argument against gay marriage (that you mock), against polygamy.
__________________
Mrs. Jensen: With him the customer was always number one. Oscar always treated people with great respect.
Oscar Leroy: [suddenly enters] Hey jackass, stop talking to this old wing-nut and pump my gas!
Brent LeRoy: Well, he's a people person.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Reply With Quote
  #1638  
Old 11-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Tiresomehoopla Tiresomehoopla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chenarus
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowtide View Post
I think C.T. is Catholic (correct me if I'm wrong, C.T. :P), and the Catholic Church doesn't teach that gay people can't be saved. An individual gay person goes to Heaven or Hell on the same basis that a straight person does (faith and obedience to God). The Church doesn't teach that homosexual feelings are a sin either; it's only if a person knows it's wrong and deliberately acts on those feelings that it's sinful.
But baptist never said gays cant be saved either...Or any other branch as far as I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
If two people love each other, but one is in jail, then the other should be allowed to kill people to break the other out of jail!
/orsomethingalongthoselines
And punish others, ruin a life and end it to free someone? punish one for anothers crimes?
__________________
Error:Signature.exe not found
Reply With Quote
  #1639  
Old 11-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Jack Jack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere In Canada..................
Posts: 6,979
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiresomehoopla View Post
but Baptist Never Said Gays Cant Be Saved Either...or Any Other Branch As Far As I Know...

. .
__________________
Mrs. Jensen: With him the customer was always number one. Oscar always treated people with great respect.
Oscar Leroy: [suddenly enters] Hey jackass, stop talking to this old wing-nut and pump my gas!
Brent LeRoy: Well, he's a people person.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Reply With Quote
  #1640  
Old 11-02-2012, 09:18 PM
L.S.Trendom L.S.Trendom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift
Posts: 58,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwolf View Post
That's retarded, LST.
If two people love each other, but one is in jail, the other pays bail. -_-;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
And punish others, ruin a life and end it to free someone? punish one for anothers crimes?
It's a hyperbole. In response to Jack's " And who are you to say that they can't just because of the economy, if they love each-other then (using what you're always saying about Gay marriage) they should be allowed to marry!": you can't do whatever you want using love as an excuse.
Note that I am sleep-deprived, have been all week, I'm no expert on economy and stuff like that, and I was too lazy to think of a better example.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
My reasoning is that if you erase on for gays, then the 'rules' become nothing, why not erase another? The difference between heterosexuals and homosexuals is just a big a difference that is between homosexuals and Polygamous people. Your being a hypocrite because your using the same argument against gay marriage (that you mock), against polygamy.
I don't see his hypocrisy… He's said that he has nothing against polygamy. And it's not quite the same argument.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
*bi high five*, being gay is fine, calm down y'all, dear lord, delete next tag->, don't delete me!, dont fight, elephant dung!, gay is ok, gay is okay, gay marriage ftw, go washington!, hat the sin not the siner, hating gay marrige, if only you knew me, im gay, im gay and kp scares me, it's a paradox! o_o, it's okay to be gay, not you the gay sex one, nyan cat, pumpkin pie is evil!! :'(, what sin?, why is my tag gone??, y u so mean 2 gays

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.