Quantcast Gay Marriage? - Page 164 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 11-02-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
The difference is just as big, but not connected. Just like it would be a fallacious argument to say that we can't have interracial marriage because it'll lead to gay marriage. If you take away the race requirement, it has nothing to do with the gender requirement, which has nothing to do with the numerical requirement, or age requirement, or species requirement. They are separate issues.
Was there ever an argument over interracial marriage?
My point is that if you make an exception and take away one of them, why not take out the other one as well? If you don't then your being a hypocrite.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 11-02-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonWakedWolf View Post
I am super late on this-- *facepalm*-- but I am personally for gay marriage, despite the fact it "goes against" my religion. I don't believe homosexuals are going to Hell, which is pretty much what my entire church wants us to believe, (which is sad). Sexual preference does not make you an evil person. Some of the greatest people I know are interested in the same/both genders. If anything, they're going straight to Heaven. So.

Rainbow/LGBT pride FTW.
Does your church even mention salvation?
Old 11-02-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Was there ever an argument over interracial marriage?
My point is that if you make an exception and take away one of them, why not take out the other one as well? If you don't then your being a hypocrite.
Facepalm. Go look at a bit of history. Civil rights and such. It's only been half a century since interracial marriages were shunned.

If you make an exception for race, and say that marriage doesn't need to be between two people of the same race, then you have to take it away for gay marriage. Right, according to your logic?

I don't even know wht to say anymore. Your argument is the epitome of slippery slope. It's fallacious and makes no sense. Why would keeping monogamy make me a hypocrite? Why? Erasing one condition doesn't mean you have to erase them all.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
Does your church even mention salvation?
I think C.T. is Catholic (correct me if I'm wrong, C.T. :P), and the Catholic Church doesn't teach that gay people can't be saved. An individual gay person goes to Heaven or Hell on the same basis that a straight person does (faith and obedience to God). The Church doesn't teach that homosexual feelings are a sin either; it's only if a person knows it's wrong and deliberately acts on those feelings that it's sinful.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:07 PM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

Quote:
I'm didn't even mention anything religious in that post, and I haven't used as an argument at all.

No, actually they are very similar, the difference is just as big between Heterosexuals and Homosexuals. And who are you to say that they can't just because of the economy, if they love each-other then (using what you're always saying about Gay marriage) they should be allowed to marry!
If two people love each other, but one is in jail, then the other should be allowed to kill people to break the other out of jail!
/orsomethingalongthoselines
Old 11-02-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
If two people love each other, but one is in jail, then the other should be allowed to kill people to break the other out of jail!
That's retarded, LST.
If two people love each other, but one is in jail, the other pays bail. -_-;
Old 11-02-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
Facepalm. Go look at a bit of history. Civil rights and such. It's only been half a century since interracial marriages were shunned.

If you make an exception for race, and say that marriage doesn't need to be between two people of the same race, then you have to take it away for gay marriage. Right, according to your logic?

I don't even know wht to say anymore. Your argument is the epitome of slippery slope. It's fallacious and makes no sense. Why would keeping monogamy make me a hypocrite? Why? Erasing one condition doesn't mean you have to erase them all.
Shunned? Or was 'rule' like gay marriage? if so then my argument is invalid.

My reasoning is that if you erase on for gays, then the 'rules' become nothing, why not erase another? The difference between heterosexuals and homosexuals is just a big a difference that is between homosexuals and Polygamous people. Your being a hypocrite because your using the same argument against gay marriage (that you mock), against polygamy.

Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowtide View Post
I think C.T. is Catholic (correct me if I'm wrong, C.T. :P), and the Catholic Church doesn't teach that gay people can't be saved. An individual gay person goes to Heaven or Hell on the same basis that a straight person does (faith and obedience to God). The Church doesn't teach that homosexual feelings are a sin either; it's only if a person knows it's wrong and deliberately acts on those feelings that it's sinful.
But baptist never said gays cant be saved either...Or any other branch as far as I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
And punish others, ruin a life and end it to free someone? punish one for anothers crimes?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:13 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiresomehoopla View Post
but Baptist Never Said Gays Cant Be Saved Either...or Any Other Branch As Far As I Know...

. .

Old 11-02-2012, 09:18 PM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwolf View Post
That's retarded, LST.
If two people love each other, but one is in jail, the other pays bail. -_-;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
And punish others, ruin a life and end it to free someone? punish one for anothers crimes?
It's a hyperbole. In response to Jack's " And who are you to say that they can't just because of the economy, if they love each-other then (using what you're always saying about Gay marriage) they should be allowed to marry!": you can't do whatever you want using love as an excuse.
Note that I am sleep-deprived, have been all week, I'm no expert on economy and stuff like that, and I was too lazy to think of a better example.

Quote:
My reasoning is that if you erase on for gays, then the 'rules' become nothing, why not erase another? The difference between heterosexuals and homosexuals is just a big a difference that is between homosexuals and Polygamous people. Your being a hypocrite because your using the same argument against gay marriage (that you mock), against polygamy.
I don't see his hypocrisy… He's said that he has nothing against polygamy. And it's not quite the same argument.

Tags
*bi high five*, being gay is fine, calm down y'all, dear lord, delete next tag->, don't delete me!, dont fight, elephant dung!, gay is ok, gay is okay, gay marriage ftw, go washington!, hat the sin not the siner, hating gay marrige, if only you knew me, im gay, im gay and kp scares me, it's a paradox! o_o, it's okay to be gay, not you the gay sex one, nyan cat, pumpkin pie is evil!! :'(, what sin?, why is my tag gone??, y u so mean 2 gays