Quantcast Gay Marriage? - Page 165 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 11-02-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Shunned? Or was 'rule' like gay marriage? if so then my argument is invalid.

My reasoning is that if you erase on for gays, then the 'rules' become nothing, why not erase another? The difference between heterosexuals and homosexuals is just a big a difference that is between homosexuals and Polygamous people. Your being a hypocrite because your using the same argument against gay marriage (that you mock), against polygamy.
It is just a big difference, I'm not denying that. But they aren't tied together! You're artificially tying them for no logical purpose.

It's like saying, well if you legalize marijuana then you just have to legalize heroin, or opium, or LSD

Or if you allow women to vote, then why not allow non-citizens to vote?

I'm NOT arguing against polygamy. I revealed earlier that I was fine with it, but the point is that I don't want to be arguing polygamy. That's not the subject.

The GENDER has nothing to do with the NUMBER. They are separate requirements with separate arguments, and you can't make an argument for one by pointing to the other.

You've honestly not given a single good reason for your opposition. You asked a question. That's it. We asked for logic and you said "why not polygamy."
Old 11-02-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
It is just a big difference, I'm not denying that. But they aren't tied together! You're artificially tying them for no logical purpose.

It's like saying, well if you legalize marijuana then you just have to legalize heroin, or opium, or LSD

I'm NOT arguing against polygamy. I revealed earlier that I was fine with it, but the point is that I don't want to be arguing polygamy. That's not the subject.

The GENDER has nothing to do with the NUMBER. They are separate requirements with separate arguments, and you can't make an argument for one by pointing to the other.

You've honestly not given a single good reason for your opposition. You asked a question. That's it. We asked for logic and you said "why not polygamy."
Thank you for this. You are awesome.
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Old 11-02-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:

Your removing one of the restrictions, in that sense it is exactly the same, you say that gay marriage should be allowed because its love, right? So then that justifies removing the gender restriction. Then why shouldn't we remove the number restriction too? So that the three people who love each-other can marry?
Making them also the same in the sense that you are removing a restriction so that people who 'love' each-other can marry.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?

Last edited by Jack; 11-02-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:30 PM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

Quote:
Your removing one of the restrictions, in that sense it is exactly the same, you say that gay marriage should be allowed because its love, right? So then that justifies removing the gender restriction. Then why shouldn't we remove the number restriction too? So that the three people who love each-other can marry?
Making them also the same in the sense that you are removing a restriction so that people who 'love' each-other can marry.
If that's your justification for not allowing gay marriage, then, like previously state, that can be used to allow gay marriage. Interracial restrictions were removed, so restrictions regarding gay marriage should be removed too.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
If that's your justification for not allowing gay marriage, then, like previously state, that can be used to allow gay marriage. Interracial restrictions were removed, so restrictions regarding gay marriage should be removed too.
As I said to Sagar "Shunned? Or was a 'rule' like gay marriage? if so then my argument is invalid."

Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 PM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

Quote:
As I said to Sagar "Shunned? Or was a 'rule' like gay marriage? if so then my argument is invalid."
It was a law. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interra...acial_marriage
Old 11-02-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Asking a question isn't making an argument. You ask why the same argument doesn't work for polygamy. I say I don't know, because I'm fine with polygamy. Someone who is against it may answer with specific reasons.

You still haven't given me a reason to be opposed to gay marriage. i'm waiting. not really. take your time. you'll need it
Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Asking a question isn't making an argument. You ask why the same argument doesn't work for polygamy. I say I don't know, because I'm fine with polygamy. Someone who is against it may answer with specific reasons.

You still haven't given me a reason to be opposed to gay marriage. i'm waiting. not really. take your time. you'll need it
Your not getting it. Your removing the restriction for Gays, 2 people of the same gender who say they love each-other, and your justification it because they say they love each-other. So now using that same logic, any people or group who say that they love each-other, should now be able to get another restriction removed.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
Then that invalidates my argument. I pronounce you the winner of this debate!

Last edited by Jack; 11-03-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:11 PM

Sooo...This is over?

Tags
*bi high five*, being gay is fine, calm down y'all, dear lord, delete next tag->, don't delete me!, dont fight, elephant dung!, gay is ok, gay is okay, gay marriage ftw, go washington!, hat the sin not the siner, hating gay marrige, if only you knew me, im gay, im gay and kp scares me, it's a paradox! o_o, it's okay to be gay, not you the gay sex one, nyan cat, pumpkin pie is evil!! :'(, what sin?, why is my tag gone??, y u so mean 2 gays