Quantcast Abortion - Page 184 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 12-14-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
"I read that. It's only fair you Watch this. http://www.silentscream.org/silentscream.html"

"Did you watch the video I sent Ruza? We see the child kicking and squirming violently in an attempt to get away from the suction device that will tear it up. (Through ultrasound.) It's only half an hour long, wouldn't hurt to watch it. So, how would you feel being sucked so hard that your limbs are literally torn off you piece by piece, all while you're conscious. And all the because some girl was too drunk and irresponsible to make the guy put on a condom."

I'm getting tired of tracking down the post, so i'll just copy paste it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabiDi View Post
Because in the end, it is her body. She is most affected, both physically and mentally. I mean, pure logic alone would show that it is ultimately her choice, as she and the fetus are most affected and the fetus is not capable of making decisions.

This sounds horrible, but I really believe that this woman's life is more important. Think of it this way.

In one case, you have a teenager, maybe in college. She's either living with her parents or in a dorm, or an apartment she scrounged up money for. She can barely afford to take care of herself. And then, she makes a mistake. She doesn't use protection or the protection breaks. And she finds herself pregnant. She can't take care of a baby; her boyfriend, if there ever was one, skips town - he doesn't have time to be a father. So what can she do?
She can stay pregnant for nine months; losing time for her schoolwork, flunkign classes, having to stay home within the last trimester. She has to get vitamins and maternity clothes for her pregnancy. She has to get sonograms and go to expensive doctor's appointments. Or she can get an abortion. It's a horrible option and I'm not in any way saying that it's a good thing, or even the better option, but the woman should have a choice.
Lets see, no protection, own fault of the girl, protection breaks, that still doesn't justify it. (And perhaps she shouldn't be having sex while in school if there's a risk of the condom breaking?)
Old 12-14-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Lets see, no protection, own fault of the girl, protection breaks, that still doesn't justify it. (And perhaps she shouldn't be having sex while in school if there's a risk of the condom breaking?)
Basically, the best way to prevent having a baby is to not have sex at all. If you're raped, however...
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Old 12-14-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
9 out of 10 times the victim is helpless.

Now stop bringing up rape and get to the real problem. Those 99% who simply didn't want to put on a condom.
Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/13/us...abortions.html

So maybe it's changed since the 90's, but I doubt the number of abortions due to rape all of the sudden rocketed to a quarter or even a 10th of all abortions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Basically, the best way to prevent having a baby is to not have sex at all. If you're raped, however...
Old 12-14-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
The below is what I originally replied to (and also my reply) Which wasn't talking about if it effected the person being aborted/murdered.
Except murder DOES apply to you, because YOU could be murdered. YOU can't be aborted.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
"I read that. It's only fair you Watch this. http://www.silentscream.org/silentscream.html"

"Did you watch the video I sent Ruza? We see the child kicking and squirming violently in an attempt to get away from the suction device that will tear it up. (Through ultrasound.) It's only half an hour long, wouldn't hurt to watch it. So, how would you feel being sucked so hard that your limbs are literally torn off you piece by piece, all while you're conscious. And all the because some girl was too drunk and irresponsible to make the guy put on a condom."

I'm getting tired of tracking down the post, so i'll just copy paste it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
Except murder DOES apply to you, because YOU could be murdered. YOU can't be aborted.
That doesn't justify it by any means.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:18 PM

Haha I was looking through these posts and saw one that said something like "So you're saying that an abortion affects a fetus?"

And I was just like O.O
Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
But I could have been aborted when in the womb, just like I could have been murdered 5 years ago.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 12-15-2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephiey View Post
Haha I was looking through these posts and saw one that said something like "So you're saying that an abortion affects a fetus?"

And I was just like O.O
That was meeeeeeee. :P
Jack, abortion is not murder. You need to get that through your head. Abortion is not that easy to classify.
And Tiresomehoopla... how old are you?

-Douglas Adams
Old 12-15-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabiDi View Post
That was meeeeeeee. :P
Jack, abortion is not murder. You need to get that through your head. Abortion is not that easy to classify.
And Tiresomehoopla... how old are you?
12. That has nothing to do with the validity of my arguments, keep that in mind.

And if the baby is aware it's about to get ripped apart, that's murder. You need to get through your head that the baby is squirming around as it's about to be torn apart.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:06 AM

I don't judge by age, but I think that if you're twelve you don't really understand that sex is pretty much a huge part of life. Most people have it by the time they're in college. So no, being celibate isn't really an option. I admire those who do, but you can't really expect people to. Protection is the safe way, if it breaks it is not their fault at all.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but do fetuses even feel fear? It may just be a purely physical, automatic reaction.

-Douglas Adams

Tags
*insert yo mama joke*, abortion is great, abortion is not ok, abortion is ok, abortion is terrible!, abortionismurder, abortionshouldstayillegal, debate, don't judge women, eet's alive!!!, free will is a+, go away ponies..., i hate abortion!!!!, i want my rights, it's my choice, not religion, ponies =awesome, poniiiiiies?, pro-life, prochoice, rapeisnottheirfault, seriousmisanthropynow, shouldn'tbeachoice, we'renotforcingyoutoabort, y arnt ther more tags