Quantcast mentally ill cuties - Page 5 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookKitty View Post
depending on which state u live in (it might b the same everywhere??) when ur 15 ur the primary person responsible for mental health treatment so as long as u have ur insurance info u can go w/o parent permission
Okie, i will do some googling on that, thank u c:
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Old 12-24-2017, 08:35 PM

oh man i used to be able to relate to everythign in this thread but now i really can't
Old 12-27-2017, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
hi how do i go to a therapist w/o my parents knowing and also how do i explain to a therapist that idk if anything is wrong i just wanna know for sure if i'm being a baby or if i will stabilize more as i get older or if i need some lowkey meds?

i'm turning 18 in fourish months so that'll help.

i think i'm too immature atm because i'm a lot better than i used to be (i think), but at the same time i could just be reflecting my mom b/c she doesn't have very high opinions of ppl who take meds. So yeah, i wanna have like a check-up like you do with physicals? But i can't ask my family how to set an appointment up, obviously. Pointers?
avoid school counselors bc in my experience they're a lot more prone to telling ur parents everything. Also if you can drive and have your own cell phone, as someone else said, get your insurance info and go. it's also possible you could set up a consultation/first session that is free, if a therapist in your area is willing to do that. I've known counselors that did that.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 12-28-2017, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
avoid school counselors bc in my experience they're a lot more prone to telling ur parents everything. Also if you can drive and have your own cell phone, as someone else said, get your insurance info and go. it's also possible you could set up a consultation/first session that is free, if a therapist in your area is willing to do that. I've known counselors that did that.
although if you use your parents insurance that may?? be difficult if it gets billed to them i'm not sure on the specifics tho but i should find out since i turn 18 in 15 days lol
Old 01-09-2018, 11:35 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to BookKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
oh man i used to be able to relate to everythign in this thread but now i really can't
is that good or bad ? whats up in yr life meera
Old 03-10-2018, 06:53 PM

I keep on going through cycles where I'm at a healthy weight then I fucking lose 15-20 lbs in a few weeks then gain it back and then start hating myself and lose it all again and oh boy is this fun
Old 03-10-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
I keep on going through cycles where I'm at a healthy weight then I fucking lose 15-20 lbs in a few weeks then gain it back and then start hating myself and lose it all again and oh boy is this fun
yikes fam! hang in there. eating problems stinkk

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 03-19-2018, 12:20 AM

Quote:
hi how do i go to a therapist w/o my parents knowing and also how do i explain to a therapist that idk if anything is wrong i just wanna know for sure if i'm being a baby or if i will stabilize more as i get older or if i need some lowkey meds?
as it turns out, my job was just way too fuckin stressful and it only took a week for me to calm my tits after quitting.

I still kind of suspect I might have a mild form of Sensory Processing Dysfunction (disorder?), which, mixed with how asocial I am accounts for pretty much all of how awful I felt at my previous job. It's all speculative though, and now that I don't feel the need to bang my head against hard objects I'm not that concerned with it anymore.

-Barns Courntey
Old 03-19-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
as it turns out, my job was just way too fuckin stressful and it only took a week for me to calm my tits after quitting.

I still kind of suspect I might have a mild form of Sensory Processing Dysfunction (disorder?), which, mixed with how asocial I am accounts for pretty much all of how awful I felt at my previous job. It's all speculative though, and now that I don't feel the need to bang my head against hard objects I'm not that concerned with it anymore.
hey whats up I also have fun sensory problems. which means that sometimes I cant touch people and my parents get unreasonably pissed that I'm not okay with them touching me whenever they want. but idk it only gets to the point where it interferes with my life when I'm stressed out but yeah. for you is it more one thing or another like noise or scent or touch or light or everything?
Old 03-19-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
hey whats up I also have fun sensory problems. which means that sometimes I cant touch people and my parents get unreasonably pissed that I'm not okay with them touching me whenever they want. but idk it only gets to the point where it interferes with my life when I'm stressed out but yeah. for you is it more one thing or another like noise or scent or touch or light or everything?
oh man I remember you talking about that before and imo your parents need to learn better boundaries *cough* but that's not my place to say .-.

I'd say touch and maybe sound? External pain doesn't bother me at all, but light/random touch does, especially on my legs. And there was a moderate level of noise at my place of work but I felt like I couldn't hear what anybody was saying most of the time.

Now that there's a lot less stress I don't notice it nearly as much. And I dunno, maybe I'm just really ticklish and have a big space bubble, like I said, it's all speculation at this point. As long as it's not interfering with my life I'll probably just leave it alone o-o

-Barns Courntey

Tags
illness, mental illness, mentally ill, support