Quantcast How on earth did they manage to get published? - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 08:05 PM

Seriously, though. She must have more books published than any living author on the planet. All of them have such similar endings! You can predict the end to any of her books!
Old 06-20-2009, 02:32 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

Meg Cabot is okayish, but extremely annoying. Her dialogue is exactly the same for every character, and that bugged the hell out of me when I read her Mediator books. Nearly every other sentence when her characters are talking and some even when she's not are all "I mean" or "about"(blah, blah, blah enter subject here) "...I mean.(?)" It's insanely annoying. Oh and the question mark is there because "I mean" is even at the end of her questions. This women needs new colloquy words and such.

Oh and another one that annoyed me to death was Lauren St. John. I only read part of one of her books before I put it down and it turned out that was like the second one of her series. A series. I was thinking are you freaking kidding me? Her style is that of a third or fourth grader...no wait third and fourth graders can write better than her. Oh my gosh. The plot was extremely predictable. One of the few books I couldn't finish because I was afraid my IQ would lessen if I continued reading her work.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:37 PM

I've never heard of her. That's probably why.*smirks*
Who else, who else...*ponders* ANDREW CLEMENTS! I HATE him!!!!! All his stories are boring to hell, and they have NO plot.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:45 PM

I used to like Andrew Clements when I was younger. I liked how the theme was usually about how kids can do what they put their minds too, which is probably why he's a published author in the first place... Anyway, now they seem pretty cliche.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:46 PM

The only book I can stand by him is Frindle. The rest of them... *shudders*
Old 06-21-2009, 01:25 AM

Andrew Clements? I've never heard of him.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:17 PM

He sucks. Just a plain old BAD AUTHOR.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:29 PM

By the way, I am SO happy for whoever started this thread, so we can vent about other books we hate. By the way, you know what's kind of weird and ridiculously stupid? Some of these comments are written better than some of those dumb books! Honestly, you have to agree that some of them at least have better word choice, don't you?

*begins thinking of books of which she hates*

Oh, yeah. Those Candy Apple ones ~which happen to be a series, oh the insanity of it ~ are the worst. I mean, my sister reads them and LOVES them. She's a year younger than me. I'm going to be in sixth grade. THIS IS VERY, VERY BAD!!!!
THERE IS NO DESCRIPTION! IT SHOULD SHRIVEL UP AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, again with the description that just happens to be better with us than some of those authors. I mean, my dad told me (and he was probably just saying that, but he's a teacher...anyway) that my book, Journeys of the Pack, Book One, was written so that you could actually feel like you were with the main characters. (I published with KidPub, and yes, this is me, Holly writing this. Well, that's kind of obvious and I'm acting like a dork again so I'm going to shut up and let the rest of you people post again.)
Old 06-22-2009, 07:14 AM

I like Andrew Clements. Don't care what you guys say.

Okay, who else read The Boxcar Children when they were little? I used to love them, but now... They're all exactly the same. You can predict who did it after like the first paragraph.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:03 PM

Lol. I use to love the boxcar children, and then I started realizing that I could rather easily predict the happy happy ending that always seem to arrive. They need one book out there without a happy ending. Honestly, it's getting kind of old. That's why I read SK. His books, well over 90% of the time don't have happy endings and just about every character you like end up dead one gruesome way or another. Wow. I sound like a terrible person. Oh well, the box car children, Animal Ark, and nurmorous other little kid series.