Quantcast Character Sketches: NEW and IMPROVED! YAY! - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 12:02 PM

Default Character Sketches: NEW and IMPROVED! YAY!

So... now is the moment you've all been waiting for...
THE GRAND OPENING OF THE SECOND CHARACTER SKETCH THREAD! YAY!

okay. The opening of this one is because the first died, and it had so many pages it was pretty hard to navigate in. also, it was a little outdated -- Gypsy isn't on KP anymore, so I'm starting anew one so everyone knows that it's just me.

Artists of the first thread or any others who are interested: if you want to be an artist for this thread, please post and say that you are! I won't turn down anyone -- just remember, that these are character sketches (mostly just people and animals) so make sure you can draw those!

ALSO, any artist can accept any request, so there may be more than one person drawing one request, but that is perfectly fine. Sometimes, a person will request that a certain artist will draw their character, so that's the only time you should ask the requester if you can draw it as well, if you weren't the person asked to draw it. XD

OKAY! now I'm gonna lay down my personal rules:
(other artists, you can do this as well as for your rules :B )
~I'm only going to be able to take three requests at once and these requests must be from different people.
~when I'm open for requests, I'll post: OPEN and when I can't accept anymore and am busy with the current ones, I'll post CLOSED, so watch out for those. I would accept more, but from the last thread I figured out that I get really stressed when I have a lot.
~my drawings are copyrighted, so PLEASE do not take them! I will leave KP if any of my drawings get stolen.
~if you want to use my drawings for reference, I have to ask you not to -- I believe in developing your own style -- I've worked really hard to make my own style, so I would appreciate it if you didn't copy, thanks!
~I DO make outlines of animals as requests for reference, so it's okay if you ask for those XD
~when I finish a request, I submit it to my dA account (no more room in my albums), and then post the link in here :B
~the kind of requests I take are:
  • normal character sketch
  • close up: close up of the characters face
  • personality outfit: an outfit based off of their personality
  • personality animal: them with an animal that represents their personality
  • chibi
  • character series: separate drawings of multiple characters from the same story
  • character cast: all characters together in one drawing
  • bookmark format
  • fanart
  • color schemes
  • coming soon: character stack
and the three mediums I use are:
  • pencil (shaded) - example
  • colored pencil - example
  • marker - example coming soon!

If you have a preference, please say which you would like XD If you don't care, leave it to me :P Some hints: Marker goes EXTREMELY fast, so you will probably get yours first, possibly the day you requested it. Shaded goes relatively fast (not as fast as marker though) and has plenty of detail, but no color. Colored pencil usually takes couple days, but has a lot of detail, depending on the character, if their outfit allows it :P SO they're all pretty evened out XD

I also do time-lapse videos on my simpler requests, but I choose randomly :B

Yes, if you requested a sketch, you may print it out but ONLY the requester can print it out -- if you would like to and you didn't request it, please ask me and the requester first!

writing is more important to me than art, so your requests usually won't be done the day that they are asked, because I have other things I need to work on -- just a heads up XD and school is going, so I'm gonna be REALLY busy with that *cries*

all artists who want to join, just post a comment saying that you will feel free to post your rules as well

~Bambi!

Last edited by AmberLee; 02-08-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:26 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

I can sorta kind of draw animals, just as long as you have a basic idea of what it is you want and photos to what you want them to look like also. I'm willing to help. Depending on how busy I am and how difficult the drawing is it could take a day or several days. I can't draw people to save my life. Just putting that out there.

So yeah, I'm willing to help too.

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:57 PM

I'm an old artist... I do animals and creatures and i'm waiting for my scanner and camera to work... not my suckish web cam but the good one. *hits camera and pounds it with a hammer* WHY DON'T YOU WORK?!

I'm... eh... iffy on humans. It's kind of hard so now I just stick to creatures... but if you want a person and I'm desperate to take up a request I'll do it... no personality outfits though.

MY RULESSSSSSSSSS *since I saw that we're allowed to post our own rules*:

~COPYRIGHT ME!
~You can only print out YOURS
~I only can do a maximum of three a week, so only ONE request per person.

Right now, I have to put some stuff Kiwara's doe and get my scanner and camera fixed...
I HAVE TWO MORE. But you won't be getting it any time soon as like I said, my camera and scanner are being idiotic losers *sticks out tongue at scanner and camera* so you might have to wait... unless you want me to use my crappy webcam...

Last edited by Lily09; 07-08-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:12 PM

Yay! I'm so excited! :3

-Douglas Adams
Old 07-08-2011, 01:25 PM

Kiwara and Lily09: sweet! thanks so much for helping! XD

~Bambi!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:42 PM

Bambi: No problem!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:32 PM

okay, so this is what I have to finish before i officially open

~wolf for Leloo
~dragon slayer for IvHamsters (IvHamsters: please reply if you still want it)

AND... I think that's it

~Bambi!
Old 07-08-2011, 11:02 PM

Location: hahaha, such a stalker, trying to find out where I live..not telling

Yay! Awesome artwork))) um, are you still doing the ones for me that I won a long time ago? If so thanks!
Old 07-08-2011, 11:50 PM

Location: Tulsa with the gang, hanging out at the Admiral and rumbling with the south side socs.

Bambi, did you ever finish Jaxon? It's fine If you didn't, I don't care.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:55 PM

I'm an old artist. I'll do it again. I think I've definitely improved. I have a few things I need to upload. And Kiwara! I drew your dragons! They were hiding in one of my long lost folders!!

Psst....Read Ascending. It's in my track.
and the best part? It's by my best friend, Rose.

Tags
*cries*now shes gone!, ...., artists, bambi.... we miss you!, best artist @ universe, flaming mangoes, no one?, octopusologist, requests, taggedles