Quantcast Superhero NES - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 04-04-2010, 04:12 AM

Default Superhero NES

C'mon guys. Justice League? Marvel Alliance? We can do better. Why? Because we're crazy, whacked-out writers who have got the best imaginations ever.

RULES:
I know, I know. Rules suck. But if you don't lay down some ground rules, the whole thing blows up in your face:

1. No fighting. And I mean petty fights that clog up the thread and draw attention away from the story. i.e: "Your superhero is a wimp!" "Your face is a wimp!" "Is not!" "Your mom!" and so on and so forth. We're all fairly reasonable people, no need for pettiness.

2. Keep your powers fairly realistic. Like if you wanna have a hero that can shoot jellybeans out of their nose, fine by me. However, if you have a super-flying-radioactive-laser-shooting-robot-ninja-pirate-fairy-vampire-werewolf-invisible-stretchy-uber-strong hero that fires flaming-green-sparkling-cherry-flavored-jellybeans from their nose, that's a bit over the top. This also brings me to the next rule

3. Stick to your power. You cannot change or add to your power. For example, if your hero has xray vision, and suddenly a truck is hurtled at you, your hero can't suddenly acquire laser eyes unless you have specified it earlier.

4. You are not a god. Take a beating like a man. You're not invincible. Even Superman got the living daylights kicked out of him sometimes. If you are The Amazing Un-Touchable Man I will kick you out. Yes, you read that right. You will be kicked out. No one likes a perfect little hero. It's inhuman.

5. Yes, you're allowed to be a villain. I know some people on here have an extra dose of evil. And we need antagonists.

6. <EDIT> IF and only IF it adds to the story, then you can die and create a new character if you wish. But don't make it too confusing. Otherwise it all just goes downhill. </EDIT>

7. I will be an Mod. Settle arguments if they arise, help keep it on topic, and assist when necessary. Think of Dr. Xavier from X-Men. I'm him. Not literally. Just in the sense of watching over everything.

8. Please be logical. Not too logical. Just enough so that it doesn't get too bizarre.

9. Have fun!

ENTRY FORM EXAMPLE:
This is my hero, I'm giving you an example of what it should look like:

NAME:
Dr. Simmons
POWER: Power over time. i.e: Freezing time, rewinding, speeding up etc.
APPEARANCE: Short cropped light brown hair, Ray Bans sunglasses, blue jeans, gray turtle neck, black trench coat, heavy boots for kicking people out.
about: Dr. Simmons watches over and cares for the Superheroes of the city. She also keeps an eye on the bad guys to make sure they don't get too crazy. She only intervenes when absolutely necessary and is happy to answer any questions a new hero might have.
BACK STORY: No one knows where the Doc came from. And she's not about to tell you.

So. Anyone game?

Last edited by Elfin-Maiden; 04-05-2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Shayok had a very vaild point... And I love dramatic deaths XD
Old 04-04-2010, 11:01 AM

NAME: Serpentis
LOCATION: Rain Forests, places with lots of moisture and plants.
POWER: Has venomous fangs and claws, can summon scorpions and snakes, can control plants.
APPEARANCE: Long red hair that has neon purple and green streaks, black nails, pale skin that has an oddly purple/green tint, usually wears black leather and combat boots.
BACK STORY: Was originally a protangonist named Ivy who only healed and controled plants, but on a mission in a rain forest, she went missing and was presumed dead and her team left her behind. She stayed in the forest for years and eventually went insane and wanted vengance. She began to befriend venomous creatures, mostly snakes and scorpions, changed her name to Serpentis(latin for serpent) and became a dangerous villian.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:28 PM

*Alright! This is awesome! Give me a night to think over my character. I will totally be joining this NES. *
"Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And then, one not-so-very special day, I went to my typewriter, I sat down, and I wrote our story. A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever. The End." ~Moulin Rouge

R.C. + H.M. + D.R. Forever!!!!
The game.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shayok

*about not more than one character ever, that'll make it stupid though after a while. Because everyone will want to hold onto their characters for the entire thing. They'll make the story worse...no one will die when they're supposed to die. When someone 'dies' we'll just have to say he barely survived and lived again even if he was like incinerated. We should do one character at a time. we cant do dramatic deaths and stuff (everyone loves dramatic deaths) without leavin the NES...*

Name: Enigma (real name Vayne, no one knows that's his real name but his most trusted)
Location: He lives in an average apartment in the City. His office is the only room that suggests anything abnormal.
Powers: Can control darkness and shadow, can control the conscience of people (not mind control, too cheap, but like your conscience says what he wants it to say, so that it's very hard but NOT impossible not to follow his will)
Appearance: Young, handsome, dark mysterious eyes, long black hair, wears a black coat all the time, tall, muscular.
Personality/Alignment: Neutral mostly, kinda like an antihero. Cunning, intelligent, sarcastic, vengeful, doesn't reveal much about himself to many, loyal, will protect anyone who he cares about. Problem is he doesn't care about many people...takes alot to earn his trust.
Back Story: He's basically the same person in the normal and the superhero world. No costume or anything. Most people just pass him over as some shy guy with a coat and don't look at him anymore. In that way he's really stealthy.
Doesn't trust many because of past life. If you gain his trust you have it for life though. No one knows much about him, but his powers were there from birth.
-Basho Matsuo, Japanese haiku poet
Old 04-04-2010, 08:03 PM

*Wow. He sounds really familiar!!! *
Name: Annie Staar/super hero name is Annie (like Jade in Marvel comics. or at least i think it's Jade.........?)
Location: New York, New York!!! Lives in a penthouse apartment with a marvelous view.
Powers: Faze through walls and other substances, can create invisible shields from powers and weapons, and invisiblity.
Appearance: Lots and lots of poofy, wavy red hair and bright blue eyes. Tall and athletic. Usually wears jeans and a t-shirt.
Personality: Charismatic, head-strong, caring, sweet, kind, brave, bubbly, optimist, friendly.
about: A big enviornmentalist, Annie is an architect creating enviornment friendly buildings in New York City and surrounding areas. Works Wednesday-Friday.
Back Story: Lived with her family in Colorado until she was 16, when she discovered her powers. They kicked her out, thinking she was a freak, and Annie lived on the street. She managed to get a job as a receptionist. She got a scholarship when she was 18 for creative writing, and went to New York to study to be an architect. She got her masters two years later when she was 20 (so she's really smart). Now, she is 25.
"Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And then, one not-so-very special day, I went to my typewriter, I sat down, and I wrote our story. A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever. The End." ~Moulin Rouge

The game.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shayok

Really? I thought I never made a character even remotely like him ever before...
-Basho Matsuo, Japanese haiku poet
Old 04-04-2010, 09:26 PM

My character came from watching too much Batman(Serpentis reminds me of Poison Ivy somewhat) some inspiration from TFA(one character reminds me of her) and my love of poisonous animals. I want a scorpion and I had a boa constrictor, a rattlesnake, and an albino corn snake. She is also from my new book I'm writing, so I thought this would be a good NES to add on to her character. It gives me ideas.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:48 PM

Thats really cool, dragongirl.
I based mine off of a Marvel character. X-men, i think. I believe she went by Kitty, but I'm not sure. Thought it would be fun to make one of my many characters successful! lol.

The game.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:41 PM

Ok then . . . oh, can I be a part-villain part-hero person? Like a reluctant hero with greedy intentions?

Name: Neida
Location: She's a traveler. As long as there's water, she can be there. But her home as a normal person is in the City (well, hey, that's where everyone else is).
Power: If you haven't guessed already, she has control over the forces of water. She is young, and she's just starting to touch on what it truly means to have control over one of four major elements. Everyday, she discovers a new way to use her talent.
Personality: Hey, she's young. She's a little wild at times, but for the most part she's level-headed. If you are desperately in need of her services she might help you, but at the end of the day she's only looking out for herself.
Appearance: Wavy, long brown hair with light blue and green highlights. One eye is blue, one is green. Her nose is very tiny, but in a cute kind of way (this has to do with breathing underwater and not really needing the extra air passageway). There are gills on each side of her neck, but you can't see them unless she's breathing underwater. She always wears blue or green shirts over jeans, with no shoes.
Back Story: She was raised with her little half-sister in a foster home. Her mom died in a car accident when she was two, and her dad was arrested for drunk driving when she was five. Her sister, Annabel, was her dad's second wife's daughter. (His second wife also died, but from cancer) At age eighteen, Neida was emancipated and became the legal guardian of Annabel. (*oh yeah. By the way, Elfin-Maiden, I know you said only one character, but does that include minor characters?) They live in a modest, one story house. During the day, Neida works at at a daycare.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:55 AM

Location: Outside 221B Baker street waiting for the TARDIS while keeping an eye out for stray Ford Granadas
Send a message via MSN to HappyWithADashOfBlue Send a message via Skype™ to HappyWithADashOfBlue

*hmmm ... I'm going to have to think about this ... But I will most certainly be - a VILLAIN! *evil laugh* But there is a small chance that I could be a hero - very small chance*

"Didn't think you were the type to lock a murder suspect in a giant freezer."

"He wouldn't answer my question."

---- BBC's Life on Mars