Quantcast Plans for the looming future? (aka the dreaded career choice) - Page 9 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by july3girl View Post
Wow thats great. What's it called? (Unless you don't want to say online cause then people could find a way to stalk you cause they know you live near there.)
all i will say is: SCU
Old 03-15-2015, 09:14 PM

Ooh, oh! The journalism program is called MEDILL and each year the students spend a quarter working full time as a journalist from places across the country or in Latin America, Qatar or South Africa! And it's seriously so close, and yet a good enough distance from my parent's so that I could still be independent and...

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton
Old 03-15-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
all i will say is: SCU
Santa Clara University? Well, anyway, congrats on interesting so many colleges.

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton
Old 03-15-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by july3girl View Post
Santa Clara University? Well, anyway, congrats on interesting so many colleges.
yes it's santa clara <33333 i practically live next door and i've gone there for a band competition once and it's a really great campus and everything c:
Old 03-15-2015, 11:46 PM

AH SO MY SIS AND I FOUND OUT THAT OUR FRIEND IS GOING TO THE SAME COLLEGE WE ARE AT THE SAME TIME. LIKE OMG WE GET TO SEE SOMEONE WE KNOW THERE AND IT'S GONNA BE SO SWEET and then we're gonna transfer and i'm gonna get the heck away from here and see how mad my parents get when i say i want to go to calarts instead of chapel hill. BUT STILL IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER BECAUSE ALL THREE OF US WILL BE NEW AT THIS ALSO I FEEL OLD BUT NOT BECAUSE I CAN'T DRIVE BUT I'LL BE LIVING ON A COLLEGE CAMPUS THIS FALL LIKE WHAT THE HECK
Old 03-16-2015, 12:45 AM

okay is it strange that i have my colleges pretty much planned out yet i'm not sure what courses i'm taking in junior year of high school?

probably wind ensemble, french honors, ap calc, ap literature, (not-ap) us history, physics honors, ummmm i have room for one more elective..... DRAFTING. YES.
I GOT THIS.

actually dad probably won't let me take wind ensemble because he's sort of against my whole music thing.... he wants me to take computer science instead but honestly i'd rather flute than code any day, and plus, can't let my perfect pitch go to waste right? and also i don't think i should take ap calc and ap lit at the same time because it's apparently a death sentence (figuratively) but i can handle it because next year i have precalc honors and chem honors AND MARCHING BAND so i can handle it all

but i really want to march all four years but i don't think i'll have the time but i don't want to repeat classes and that is the only way i'll not get all these honors and APs

IN ADDITION I HAVE FIVE AP CLASSES PLANNED OUT FOR SENIOR YEAR AND THAT'S NOT EVEN ALLOWED SOMEONE HELP

Last edited by meerkat; 03-16-2015 at 01:03 AM. Reason: I LOOKED AT MY CLASS PLAN THING I'M SCREWED FOR SENIOR YEAR LIKE AM I DOING WIND ENSEMBLE AGAIN AND WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE APS
Old 03-16-2015, 03:45 AM

wow meera ur so lucky i wish i was smart like u ;-; (or good at anything hahahahah)
im thnking abt monash in melbourne which is like of the top ten law schools in the wor ld ??? i dont think id get in tho bc im dumb as dog shit :-))) i am not going to a brisbane uni thats all im saying, we have like one good one and even that is kinda not good for ur resume u know. but. im like ??? m,m
me: wants to work for skittlr for the rest of my life
Old 03-16-2015, 09:55 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

oh god
i have no idea anymore
;-;

my parents want me to go into science and I'd love to do bio or chem engineering or astronomy (hell any science really) and then go to med school after uni but idek anymore
my music teacher wants me to do something with music
my coaches want me to do something with sports
my english teacher wants me to become a full-time author

and i just ahhh i don't know anymore sometimes i just want to hide away from the rest of the world and write
((but there's not much money in that unless you're famous))
((and i like money too much))

(((*whispers* hey maybe i'll just marry a rich sexy doctor/engineer (named jared obviously) and then I can spend the whole time writing)))
(((yeah)))
(((i like it)))
(((sounds like a plan)))
*dies*
Old 03-16-2015, 11:59 AM

i'd like to do something with writing - maybe a journalist, working for a newspaper, novel-writing (maybe not because my motivation levels always go kaput), NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC HAHA or sth
or something with lots of action because i don't want to be stuck at one place and i rly like travelling
for next year's electives i choose biology, chemistry and eng lit, with history as a close fourth
Old 03-18-2015, 12:45 AM

@nikki: about your fencing teacher's 3D animation degree... do you know where he got it? i can't decide between art school and engineering school and i know i definitely want to work on computer aided design, preferrably 3D because i have more experience with that, and i'm equally good at both character design and stuff like that and modeling/designing machinery parts