Quantcast National day of prayer termination? - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2011, 08:44 PM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

Yeah, basically the same as what Gabi said. :P
Old 07-12-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruza View Post
I only criticize religion, and you call it being intolerant. But you come right at it and say atheism is "dumb" and somehow illogical.
Maybe the reasons why we're "intolerant" is because people (especially Christians) have been intolerant to us.
Not trying to sound all sappy, but I lost a friend because I told her I was atheist. She said she didn't "hang out with" those kinds of people. I have thought about people of religion, and them gettig made fun of. I don't make fun of people: I just criticize in a satiracal way.
Think about the problems atheists go through everyday.
I never said it was dumb or illogical. I'm just debating. You're biting. And that "friend" was a jerk.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-12-2011, 10:19 PM

Location: In my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there

A lot of christians I've seen have been intolerant of atheists. I didn't say all. And do you realize how much crap atheists get? Think about it for one single second, atheists being fired from their jobs, atheists losing friends, atheists being disowned from their family.
Think about it for a bit. Christians don't get all the crap.
And miles to go before I sleep.

~Robert Frost
"Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"
Old 07-12-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruza View Post
A lot of christians I've seen have been intolerant of atheists. I didn't say all. And do you realize how much crap atheists get? Think about it for one single second, atheists being fired from their jobs, atheists losing friends, atheists being disowned from their family.
Think about it for a bit. Christians don't get all the crap.
No religeon is tolerated, okay? Muslims being killed, Bhuddists being exiled, athiests being discriminated, and all those other things are things that shouldn't be, but are. Face it. Yikes. I had to stop reading the lives of christian saints because of all the blood and guts when half of them were eventually killed...

And I'm sure that there are plenty more yucky stories of Athiests, Bhuddists, Hindus, Muslims, and every other religeon being discriminated or killed or whatever that I haven't read. I would hate to see anyone get killed for their beliefs.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-13-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
No religeon is tolerated, okay? Muslims being killed, Bhuddists being exiled, athiests being discriminated, and all those other things are things that shouldn't be, but are. Face it. Yikes. I had to stop reading the lives of christian saints because of all the blood and guts when half of them were eventually killed...

And I'm sure that there are plenty more yucky stories of Athiests, Bhuddists, Hindus, Muslims, and every other religeon being discriminated or killed or whatever that I haven't read. I would hate to see anyone get killed for their beliefs.
The KKK killed people for their skin color and beliefs.
They were Christian. They still exist today, in the deep south.

You can't forget those Puritans who killed innocent people, thinking they were witches. They were also Christian.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:29 AM

Some people want to round up Muslims and put them in internment camps.
Because it worked so well with the Japanese.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwolf View Post

You can't forget those Puritans who killed innocent people, thinking they were witches. They were also Christian.
If they go and kill people because of that then they cannot be Christians because the Bible says the exact opposite of what they are doing, Just because they call themselves Christians doesn't make them Christians, just like if I say "I'm a rabbit" does it make me a rabbit?

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:

No, they weren't. Just because they said they were and went to church doesn't mean that they were christians. Christianity isn't a belief, it's a goal. And you have to believe in that goal.

Quote:
Some people want to round up Muslims and put them in internment camps.
Because it worked so well with the Japanese.
And the christians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
If they go and kill people because of that then they cannot be Christians because the Bible says the exact opposite of what they are doing, Just because they call themselves Christians doesn't make them Christians, just like if I say "I'm a rabbit" does it make me a rabbit?
Exactly.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-13-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
The Puritans were Christian. They killed witches because the Bible says:

A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them. -Leviticus 20:27
Old 07-13-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
And the christians.
There were never any Christians in internment camps, I don't think. At least not in America.