Quantcast Wanna Cowrite? - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 10-15-2014, 07:34 PM

Question Wanna Cowrite?

I'm looking for someone who'll be able to write my idea from a guy's POV. It would be slight sci-fi/fantasy and have a relative amount of romance in it. Here's the basic idea that I have so far:

Theodora "Thea" shares an apartment with Brandon. She has a crush on him but he promised himself to never let anyone love him romantically, pushing people away when they confess their love for him. Things become harder when Thea's four sisters end up dating Brandon's four brothers. When Brandon and Thea's siblings are over at the apartment one night for dinner, a thunderstorm causes the power to go out. Things become difficult when four babies are let on their doorstep, they then become even more challenging when it is discovered that the children are biologically Brandon and Thea's.

Besides a few minor details and about a fourth of the first chapter from Thea's POV, that's all I have.

Oh, and Brandon has a girlfriend and she is there when the power goes out.

"Father, it's not a fear of the dark, but rather, a fear of the things in it."
Old 10-17-2014, 11:53 AM

Sounds cool! Can you send me what you have?
Old 10-17-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aynonomus_Angel View Post
I'm looking for someone who'll be able to write my idea from a guy's POV. It would be slight sci-fi/fantasy and have a relative amount of romance in it. Here's the basic idea that I have so far:

Theodora "Thea" shares an apartment with Brandon. She has a crush on him but he promised himself to never let anyone love him romantically, pushing people away when they confess their love for him. Things become harder when Thea's four sisters end up dating Brandon's four brothers. When Brandon and Thea's siblings are over at the apartment one night for dinner, a thunderstorm causes the power to go out. Things become difficult when four babies are let on their doorstep, they then become even more challenging when it is discovered that the children are biologically Brandon and Thea's.

Besides a few minor details and about a fourth of the first chapter from Thea's POV, that's all I have.

I can write in the perspective of a boy, and I really like this idea of a story. Title ideas?
Old 10-17-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:

I'll write it with you!
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 10-20-2014, 12:16 AM

Cool

I use Google Docs to write and that is most convenient for me. Just FYI.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
I use Google Docs to write and that is most convenient for me. Just FYI.
I think you already have my email back when I sent you the song thing. Just share it with that account
Old 10-26-2014, 03:02 PM

Here's what I have (kinda crappy and no long I know):

The door to the apartment bursts open as Brandon shuffles in, his arms filled with bags of all sorts. Some of the bags are from expensive stores at the mall, others are grocery bags, and a few are from craft stores; the rest are from various others. The mountain of bags is so high that it blocks his face, and his vision.

“Hi, Thea!” he calls, about to bump into a chair.

“There’s a chair there.” I say, looking up from my pad of paper that rests on the armrest of the couch.

He bumps into the chair, "Ow."

"Told ya."

Brandon dumps all of the bags onto that same chair then begins to dig through all of them. He reaches into a bag from the jewelers and pulls out a rectangular velvet box. He proceeds to hand it to me before continuing to dig through the boxes. I set the box beside me and throw the blanket off of my legs. I stand up and stretch. The oven beeps, telling me that the pizza is ready. I take it out then slide it off the pizza stone, ready to put the next one on.

“Oo! I want to make it! I want to make it!” Brandon jumps up and down wanting to make the next pizza.

I raise an eyebrow, “Okay, just try your hardest not to burn it.”

He nods but is already in his own little dreamland of pizza-making. I roll my eyes and go to set the table. Just as Brandon goes to put the pizza in the oven, the doorbell rings. I walk to the front door and open it. I am greeted by the happy, smiling faces of Brandon’s brothers and my sisters. I step back and welcome them in. I grab my apron and put it on, securing around my waist.

(This dinner is not when the power goes out).