Quantcast The Sarah J. Maas Fanclub! - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Clubs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Okay so there are the three towers in Erilea, right? They found that out in Heir of Fire. And those three towers have been used to "broadcast" whatever took away magic all over the continent. And the clock tower in Rifthold is one of them. So all they have to do to get magic back is destroy the clock tower.

They demonstrated how taking away one tower would break the signal for all three in Heir of Fire somewhere. I remember it was Chaol - Dorian scene.

I may not have a problem with Dorian being endgame, but only if Sarah makes me believe that they fall in love, and makes me feel it like I did for Chaol and Celaena.

If that happens. Then I'm all for Celaena and Dorian. I don't even know what their ship name is.

And to be honest, I don't ship Celaena - Aelin, though I do want them to become one. I don't want Celaena to feel like she is split into two, because that's basically how she is at the moment.

One half of her is the assassin.

The other half is a Queen.

I want her to just merge and be some sort of assassin queen badass. That would be life. And I feel like a small part of Celaena has accepted that she is also Aelin, though not all of her. If she is going to lead this uprising, she needs to completely accept who she is--not just to herself--but to everyone else in Erilea.
The towers formed a complete triangle from the Frozen Wastes to the Deserted Peninsula to Rifthold. This triangle, like you said, if broken, would disconnect the link to banned magic all together. Breaking this would be a little bit stunning, to be honest, and it also seems a bit easy to do, considering the consequences. On the map in Heir of Fire, I couldn't seem to find the Deserted Peninsula, but perhaps it is a bit off scale than I thought it would be.

SJM's plans for the books have been made, I believe. I do wonder which character she chose to end up with Aelin. I'm thinking that it might perhaps be Dorian or Chaol or perhaps even some character we haven't met yet. I'd love to see her love life ascend upon her throne as well as her, seeing as that would be just ultimately stunning to read about and very historic in the fact that a wide scope of things could be mentioned in the books of Erilea.

Actually, no, I don't ship them but I do see them fighting together. It's dark and light, where you don't know which one is dark and which is light. Maybe they're both dark and light, perhaps? I just need to see what happens to Arobynn is all. I just want to see Aelin fight him and refuse to put up with his nonsense before killing him, stabbing him or gutting him. That would be so intense and amazing.

There is also Aelin: the Fae Queen with a struggling history, and a life story never to be mentioned, apart from the less grisly details. Because she doesn't want to forget the times that she had with Chaol, Dorian, Nehemia or Sam because she was Celaena then. She has to remember her past, the good side, without seeing the assassin in it. But seeing the Fae Queen in it, ready to avenge her people and herself.

I also think it would be interesting to read a bit more about the Valg, meaning Dorian, and their mindset, their ideas, plans, and how much they really obey to the king, just like it seems Dorian would. Gods, it's so terrifying to think about it, like someone next to you, obeying you and that just happens to be the King's own son. I do wish that Prince Galan were the King of Adarlan, as stupid as it sounds. It seems that he is the complete opposite of the current King, meaning he is adored by all.
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 08-31-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
The towers formed a complete triangle from the Frozen Wastes to the Deserted Peninsula to Rifthold. This triangle, like you said, if broken, would disconnect the link to banned magic all together. Breaking this would be a little bit stunning, to be honest, and it also seems a bit easy to do, considering the consequences. On the map in Heir of Fire, I couldn't seem to find the Deserted Peninsula, but perhaps it is a bit off scale than I thought it would be.

SJM's plans for the books have been made, I believe. I do wonder which character she chose to end up with Aelin. I'm thinking that it might perhaps be Dorian or Chaol or perhaps even some character we haven't met yet. I'd love to see her love life ascend upon her throne as well as her, seeing as that would be just ultimately stunning to read about and very historic in the fact that a wide scope of things could be mentioned in the books of Erilea.

Actually, no, I don't ship them but I do see them fighting together. It's dark and light, where you don't know which one is dark and which is light. Maybe they're both dark and light, perhaps? I just need to see what happens to Arobynn is all. I just want to see Aelin fight him and refuse to put up with his nonsense before killing him, stabbing him or gutting him. That would be so intense and amazing.

There is also Aelin: the Fae Queen with a struggling history, and a life story never to be mentioned, apart from the less grisly details. Because she doesn't want to forget the times that she had with Chaol, Dorian, Nehemia or Sam because she was Celaena then. She has to remember her past, the good side, without seeing the assassin in it. But seeing the Fae Queen in it, ready to avenge her people and herself.

I also think it would be interesting to read a bit more about the Valg, meaning Dorian, and their mindset, their ideas, plans, and how much they really obey to the king, just like it seems Dorian would. Gods, it's so terrifying to think about it, like someone next to you, obeying you and that just happens to be the King's own son. I do wish that Prince Galan were the King of Adarlan, as stupid as it sounds. It seems that he is the complete opposite of the current King, meaning he is adored by all.
I guess basically what I want is for Celaena/Aelin not to let a name define her. Like she needs to just come out and say that she is Celaena, and she is Aeliln. Everything that happened to her happened to her, and a name does not divide her.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:11 PM

GUYS.

GUYS.

WE HAVE LESS THAN A DAY LEFT.

OH MY GOSH FREAKING OUT.

(but also kinda worried bc my favorite book blogger said she gave QOS only 3 stars and TOG is one of her favorite series... *gulps*)

BUT THATS OKAY

ITS SARAH J MAAS

i am so excited i can't even speak

(finding neverland)
Old 08-31-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
GUYS.

GUYS.

WE HAVE LESS THAN A DAY LEFT.

OH MY GOSH FREAKING OUT.

(but also kinda worried bc my favorite book blogger said she gave QOS only 3 stars and TOG is one of her favorite series... *gulps*)

BUT THATS OKAY

ITS SARAH J MAAS

i am so excited i can't even speak
OMG OMG THAT BOOK BLOGGER THING SCARES ME SO MUCH...UGH NOW I'M GOING TO GO INTO THIS WITH LOW EXPECTATIONS XD
maybe that's a good thing.
who is the book blogger?
Because some of my trustworthy goodreads reviewers rated Heir of Fire really low, because they thought it was boring. I completely disagree. It may have been slow for about the first half, but it was definitely not boring.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:16 AM

Guys I'm reading Queen of Shadows right now.

It is definitely not a three star book.
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 09-01-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
Guys I'm reading Queen of Shadows right now.

It is definitely not a three star book.
Yaas okay good that makes me feel better. I AM SO JEALOUS its going to take a few days before the shipment comes in >_< ohhhh the agony

(finding neverland)
Old 09-01-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
OMG OMG THAT BOOK BLOGGER THING SCARES ME SO MUCH...UGH NOW I'M GOING TO GO INTO THIS WITH LOW EXPECTATIONS XD
maybe that's a good thing.
who is the book blogger?
Because some of my trustworthy goodreads reviewers rated Heir of Fire really low, because they thought it was boring. I completely disagree. It may have been slow for about the first half, but it was definitely not boring.
Cait from Paper Fury... www.paperfury.com . But I don't trust her on that particular note because I have high expectations for this book.

SO JEALOUS OF YOU MAX I CANT EVEN

(finding neverland)
Old 09-02-2015, 03:48 PM

hehe I'm on page 80 something and it is amazing. Just saying. amazing.

so many things are happening and just everything is wonderful and amazing.

yay.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
hehe I'm on page 80 something and it is amazing. Just saying. amazing.

so many things are happening and just everything is wonderful and amazing.

yay.
ugh so jealous it was supposed to come today >_< the struggle is so real

(finding neverland)
Old 09-03-2015, 06:32 AM

Guys page 391.

My gods, something amazing and unexpected and beautiful just happened and I'm crying.
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains

Tags
hipster manorian shipper, i fucking love nesta, lil cinnomonroll nesta, lysandra x aedion, rowaelin ftw