Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > School
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2016, 07:29 PM

i WANT TO DIE
Old 12-13-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Oh ok, in that case I definitely understand haha
Yeah I hate/"strongly dislike" both of them.
That's all words really and truly are.
But if that's what they are,
Then why do these "words" hurt so much?
Why?
Old 12-13-2016, 08:32 PM

my teacher told me that he has higher expectations for me than anyone else in class and this should be good but it's just adding on all of this pressure because i am killing myself trying to make things perfect and his expectations for me are so so impossibly high i don't know what i'm supposed to do.

i just... it's so frustrating 'cause some people get the same grade as me, but if i did what they did to get the grade, i would fail. and they do it in like 20 minutes and i spend at least an hour on every assignment and it's just so frustrating.

there's nothing i can do to get out of it. i talked to him when he first said this and he was just being condescending, like i don't understand that people have different skill sets and whatever. i just don't know why my expectations have to be so damn high because he expects me to excel in everything and i try but i make one mistake and it's a b. i make two and it's a c. i don't know. this year doesn't count for anything, but he was like "don't get 8th-grade-itis, stella, i think that you WANT to keep working, that you WANT to keep killing yourself for everything" and fadofhdakfgakhfkadfhldaghlseghkgvhahighigdhiuhelhj vdgjhdsjkhdvg

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton
Old 12-13-2016, 08:39 PM

Freaking Kill Me I Failed School
Old 12-13-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by july3girl View Post
my teacher told me that he has higher expectations for me than anyone else in class and this should be good but it's just adding on all of this pressure because i am killing myself trying to make things perfect and his expectations for me are so so impossibly high i don't know what i'm supposed to do.

i just... it's so frustrating 'cause some people get the same grade as me, but if i did what they did to get the grade, i would fail. and they do it in like 20 minutes and i spend at least an hour on every assignment and it's just so frustrating.

there's nothing i can do to get out of it. i talked to him when he first said this and he was just being condescending, like i don't understand that people have different skill sets and whatever. i just don't know why my expectations have to be so damn high because he expects me to excel in everything and i try but i make one mistake and it's a b. i make two and it's a c. i don't know. this year doesn't count for anything, but he was like "don't get 8th-grade-itis, stella, i think that you WANT to keep working, that you WANT to keep killing yourself for everything" and fadofhdakfgakhfkadfhldaghlseghkgvhahighigdhiuhelhj vdgjhdsjkhdvg
Personally, I can commiserate to an extent since I'm a senior in high school. But It's hard to compete with unrealistically high expectations. I'm not entirely sure I have any particularly helpful advice, unfortunately, because I've honestly been letting a bit more slide than past years and still getting the same grades (except duel enrollment, that class is on a different leve).
Old 12-13-2016, 09:25 PM

lol not ready for anything I gotta do in the next two days
(or anything after that lbr)
Old 12-15-2016, 11:44 AM

I stg sometimes this school seems full of entitled rich brats. "The school should stop giving out large scholarships for four or five years so we can build a new dorm! Just only keep the kids who can afford to pay for it!" listen up asshole who the fuck can afford fifty thousand dollars a year for fuckjng school??? lol bet your parents are going to pay for all your college tuition too please get the fuck out of my face and shut up
Old 02-01-2017, 11:46 PM

MY GOD THIS FREAKING ASSIGNMENT???

like its creative writing so it shouldn't be that hard but it's historical fiction and i freaking HATE historical fiction. its too structured. i wanted a way to write this without hating it so i was like "oh yeah spartan women" and so i was gonna do this slave revolt but theres like not that much known about the time since they didn't keep many written record and i'm stumped. its due tomorrow. and its 1045. and i need sleep. but i need a break because i hate this. i hate it i hate it i HATE IT

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton
Old 02-02-2017, 03:36 PM

I do school over the computer. It takes most of the load off so goodbye brick and mortar!

The only way I'm going back is through college eventually, but even then, it beats physical high school. *Barfs*
Old 02-05-2017, 12:31 AM

my algebra teacher hasn't put in any of my homework grades even though I know for a fact I've turned it all in and I'm so frustrated because here I was thinking I was just so excruciatingly bad at math and here I was being yelled at by my parents because I'm so excruciatingly bad at math and here I fucking was having a breakdown over the fact that my dad just told me I'm not good enough at math to go to the kind of colleges I want to go to when it's actually not my fault at all I'm excruciatingly okay at math and it's just that my math teacher won't put in my fucking grades
but it's fine everything is fine I am,,, the chillest of chill
punch me in the face

((death, white lies))

Tags
>>>, >_<, butterfly, classical cat, flaming mangoes, flaming mangoes??, forget this, hate standardized tests, i failed ela boo hoo hoo, i feel stupid in school, i wish i was harry potter, i. hate. school., if the dark returnes!!!, ihaverecesssuckers, im going to hogwarts, luna was here, my teacher is awesome, school sucks, school sux, shoot me, teachmesomethingalready, throwing, waaaaah why me?!, who hates school?, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy