Quantcast *{Not sure where this should go...}* Haha, let's obsess and discuss our crushes :3 - Page 36 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2011, 07:53 PM

Hey, Ash and Sandy, I'm a firm believer in true love, but I know not everybody is that way. Think of it this way: We still have each other, and many, many years (hopefully) of life to figure out what love is all about. In the mean time, what's enjoy what we already have, okay? *group hug*
So this is it
I hope you don't mind
That it's not the most creative thing on earth
But there's something very clean and simple
About it

Old 08-15-2011, 07:55 PM

Location: In fourth year at Hogwarts, going on epic adventures at night with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post
It's different for everyone, really. TECHNICALLY, the Bible advises not to pursue a serious relationship until you are "past the bloom of youth". Meaning, when you're really starting to mature mentally along with physically. For some, that's 22, others, 30. I've chosen not to go out with anyone until I'm at LEAST 18. The world has different standards. *shrug*

*shakes head sadly* You do not know how well you just described me. Yes, ME. I used to treat myself like that allllllllll the time. I'd have full-on panic attacks at school after math tests, I had such high standards. I couldn't stand to talk to people, I was so afraid of looking stupid.

Heck, I still treat myself like that, just on a lesser degree. -_- I still hate the way I look, hate myself for being me, won't let myself cry when I need to--despite the fact I ALWAYS tell people it's better to cry than to bottle everything up.

But this isn't about me.

Sandy? I know it feels better to be numb and not deal with stuff...but it can only come back to bite you in the end. I know, I've been through it many times.

Oh, I'm so sorry.
But I think it is really awesome that you won't go out until your atleast 18. I totally agree with you. Way to go, TheAshWolf!! *throws confetti*

be L oyal O bedient V irtuous E ncouraging

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."

MUSIC can . . .
Give you hope . . .
Make you believe . . .
Heal your heart . . .
Touch your soul . . .
And never leave your mind . . .
~ Mallori Sparke
Old 08-15-2011, 07:57 PM

Send a message via MSN to Sandy

Quote:
It's different for everyone, really. TECHNICALLY, the Bible advises not to pursue a serious relationship until you are "past the bloom of youth". Meaning, when you're really starting to mature mentally along with physically. For some, that's 22, others, 30. I've chosen not to go out with anyone until I'm at LEAST 18. The world has different standards. *shrug*

*shakes head sadly* You do not know how well you just described me. Yes, ME. I used to treat myself like that allllllllll the time. I'd have full-on panic attacks at school after math tests, I had such high standards. I couldn't stand to talk to people, I was so afraid of looking stupid.

Heck, I still treat myself like that, just on a lesser degree. -_- I still hate the way I look, hate myself for being me, won't let myself cry when I need to--despite the fact I ALWAYS tell people it's better to cry than to bottle everything up.

But this isn't about me.

Sandy? I know it feels better to be numb and not deal with stuff...but it can only come back to bite you in the end. I know, I've been through it many times.
I totally agree with that, and that is also one of rules, but still, it's kind of hard to ignore this piece of crap. (*points at heart, rolling eyes*)
I don't see an end to my guilt (which I still haven't figured out the source of... 0_o) or my high standards or my mistrust (despite how my family hates all of these things and think I'm just being dramatic, which I'm not), but it was definitely worse, like, two years ago... >_<
I've bottled stuff up since I first started experiencing emotions... I would literally picture a bottle and imagine shoving all my emotions into it and firmly putting on the cap, and that made me feel better. 0_o
I try to deal with stuff... I think I deal with stuff... I dunno... 0_o
Whoa... this is intense.... I got all choked up a few minutes ago... o_o
Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Don't feel ashamed! I can see why you feel like that. (At least, I think I can.) I know I can't change how you view things. You have to make the honest effort to believe what you want. I can respect how you feel.

But, Cass...I hate seeing you so down. Every inch of me is screaming at me, telling me to help out as much as I can...but I really don't know how.

Look, you don't have to answer this if you don't want to...but...is it that you don't believe that love could work out period? Or you don't think that it would work out for you?
Thanks, but I can't respect it... I've always been kind of divided, with one side of me pushing me and pushing me and the other side of me being me... who I wanted to be and who I actually was...
I'm actually not that down... This has been something that has been weighing on me since I turned 11, and I've kinda learned to embrace it as something I am, and I have come to an understanding with myself that if I will not give trust if I have no trust to give, and I have also accepted that I will 90% probably be single for my entire life, but I don't think I can do this alone if my heart refuses to cooperate with my mind. Then again, what are hearts for? >_<
I don't know why I feel this way... my mom, with her beliefs, believes that I was attacked or something in a past life... :P Oh well.
And to answer that question... both. If you look at the world and the world's past, humans don't really seem to be made of love. They seem to be made of flaws, confusion, and sin, and this "love" (and when I say love, I mean attraction-love, not family-love or pet-love, if you know what I mean) is just a mixture of peer pressure, lust, and more confusion. :/
Wow, sometimes I scare myself, man...
(*hopes I didn't offend anyone*)
Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
I totally agree with that, and that is also one of rules, but still, it's kind of hard to ignore this piece of crap. (*points at heart, rolling eyes*)
I don't see an end to my guilt (which I still haven't figured out the source of... 0_o) or my high standards or my mistrust (despite how my family hates all of these things and think I'm just being dramatic, which I'm not), but it was definitely worse, like, two years ago... >_<
I've bottled stuff up since I first started experiencing emotions... I would literally picture a bottle and imagine shoving all my emotions into it and firmly putting on the cap, and that made me feel better. 0_o
I try to deal with stuff... I think I deal with stuff... I dunno... 0_o
Whoa... this is intense.... I got all choked up a few minutes ago... o_o
I know. You're going to feel how you're going to feel. The heart isn't exactly easy to control.

You are NOT Being dramatic. I know this sounds crazy...but when it comes to high standards and mistrust...sometimes the source isn't black-and-white. I used to not trust anyone, and I had no reason whatsoever to feel like that. :^P Some people just have that issue.

*super-gigantic-bear-hug* This will all work out soon, Cass. I know it will. Until then, you have me to lean on.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Thanks, but I can't respect it... I've always been kind of divided, with one side of me pushing me and pushing me and the other side of me being me... who I wanted to be and who I actually was...
I'm actually not that down... This has been something that has been weighing on me since I turned 11, and I've kinda learned to embrace it as something I am, and I have come to an understanding with myself that if I will not give trust if I have no trust to give, and I have also accepted that I will 90% probably be single for my entire life, but I don't think I can do this alone if my heart refuses to cooperate with my mind. Then again, what are hearts for? >_<
I don't know why I feel this way... my mom, with her beliefs, believes that I was attacked or something in a past life... :P Oh well.
And to answer that question... both. If you look at the world and the world's past, humans don't really seem to be made of love. They seem to be made of flaws, confusion, and sin, and this "love" (and when I say love, I mean attraction-love, not family-love or pet-love, if you know what I mean) is just a mixture of peer pressure, lust, and more confusion. :/
Sometimes I think that way. A lot. I still do, and it's a terrible way to think, but maybe it's true. I think there are some things we can't change or do anything about, and human nature is one of them. In my opinion, all we can do is live and "just go with it". But I think this is proof, right here, the fact that two strangers living hundreds, thousands of miles away, two teenagers right now can discuss this and contemplate on life, the fact that I'm talking to you right now is proof enough that life is more than just... Look, I'm gonna say it, this is proof that life is more than just sex. Some people may think we are born, live, and die only to reproduce, but I think it's more than that. God, or the universe, or whatever, they wouldn't do that to us. We're more than that, and better than that. You're better than that.
So this is it
I hope you don't mind
That it's not the most creative thing on earth
But there's something very clean and simple
About it

Old 08-15-2011, 08:11 PM

Location: A pirate vessel, a Grecian paradise, a princess castle, a Victorian ball - anywhere romantic!

Quote:
I'm sorry, but... I agree with Ruza so much right there. :| I'm sorry... and yes, I am speaking from experience. (ALthough nobody has gotten into my pants... 0_o That you can be sure of.) But I have seen so many girls get ditched by stupid, superficial guys (coughcoughmajority) for seemingly random reasons, and I (and other girls) are always getting shunned and whatnot for not dressing to suit the fetishes of sick boys.
I know this is pretty messed up, but when I start to develop a crush on some guy, I curse myself, I apologize to myself and all that because I know I'm just hurting myself in the end.
I find romance to be the weakest, most superficial bond you could possibly have with someone. I hate it and it hates me.
You're probably very mad at me right now, but the truth is, this is me:

I'm so sorry you feel this way, hopefully you'll grow out of this. I believe in love with all my heart, and I'd rather not live if I believed otherwise, to be perfectly honest.
I hope more than anything else in the world that everyone finds their true love and lives happily ever after, but I understand that's not always how it works, I'm not an idiot. But all you have to do is trust in fate and hope and pray and one day your prince will come.

~Good luck from hopeless romantic Rose <3
[Smiles, kisses Will, dramatic music, HAPPILY EVER AFTER (until they have to save the day again)!!!]

With inky love, Rose <3

CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE
Old 08-15-2011, 08:14 PM

*insert over dramatic paragraph that I deleted. On purpose. I always do that. Gr.*

Last edited by ClaireH; 08-15-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I know. You're going to feel how you're going to feel. The heart isn't exactly easy to control.

You are NOT Being dramatic. I know this sounds crazy...but when it comes to high standards and mistrust...sometimes the source isn't black-and-white. I used to not trust anyone, and I had no reason whatsoever to feel like that. :^P Some people just have that issue.

*super-gigantic-bear-hug* This will all work out soon, Cass. I know it will. Until then, you have me to lean on.
My family enjoys teasing me because I don't trust people... My mom told me to lay down because I was having breathing issues, and I got right back up and said it made me feel vulnerable (C'MON! Some teenager could run by, plunge a knife in your stomach, and run away!) and she rolled her eyes and was like, "Oooh, we're sooooooo mean to you. -__-" and I'm like, "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?!?!?" >___<

Maybe this will get better later... But I honestly don't think that me+anyone=love was ever meant to be, even when I'm really old. :P
Old 08-15-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I know this is going to sound like a REALLY dumb answer...but often...it's just puberty. When I turned 11, I just suddenly became swamped with all these conflicting feelings...I felt like two people in one person. Half wanted one thing, half wanted another. Fortunately, I had my family--and God--to help me struggle through. (I'm still struggling. :^P It's just getting easier.)

I don't want to sound preachy or all full of myself or like that neighbor dude from The Simpsons...but God gave mankind the ability to love. Animals can't feel love the way we can. (And I know what kind of love you're talking about.) And yes, humans are made of sin and wrongness now. But that's not how it was supposed to be. Why would our creator set it up like that? He wouldn't. He didn't. Adam and Eve decided to rebel, and this is the fruit of their actions. An evil world like this. Jesus (who is not God, but God's son) predicted that "the love of the greater one would cool off". Meaning, the majority of people in the world would lose the natural ability to love. But love would still be left in the world. It really is. People can choose to open their hearts. I know they can. I've seen it.

Sandy...don't say that. You have every right to feel confused and stuff. The fact that you feel this way isn't as terrible as you think. You shouldn't feel ashamed about how you feel, hon. *hugs*

Tags
#foreveralone, *insert funny tag*, barbed wire is the worst, boys are weird..., boys are weird...., crushes, don't you know, gwen6eva, i like you <3, i love tags, i think i love you, i'm gay, i'm in love with lena, iffee <3, just had to add a tag, looooooove!, love doesn't exist..., my ferret ate my homework, notice me ;-;, oooooooh young love, sandy was here, tags y u so weird?, that you're toxic!, too much fighting >.>, ~snapple~