Quantcast *{Not sure where this should go...}* Haha, let's obsess and discuss our crushes :3 - Page 39 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2011, 09:08 PM

Send a message via MSN to Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
Change = a noticeable shift in personality. If you want a definition of "personality" read a psychology book. I mean that a person will not conform to a particular way of being brought up if their genes oppose it.
Both sides of my family have weird psychological things... my parents are kind of insane... and it's so obvious that my brother is going to develop some kind of eating disorder... What does that mean for me? :P
Old 08-15-2011, 09:12 PM

[Disney princesses suck. And you know what's really stupid? Everyone is all tittery about Sleeping Beauty when it was the prince that did all the work. All the little princess in pink did was mindlessly go where she wasn't supposed to, prick her finger, and lie asleep until she got smooched.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 08-15-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
I dispute that. I abhor Twilight, but not because it has a bad "message." Only the most naive and trite of stories have "messages." In life there are no messages. We tend to see them where they are not, but there are none, truly. I hate twilight because of its dull plot, supposedly mediocre writing, and mostly, its ignorant fangirl following.
Message, theme, idea, plot, whatever. What I mean to say is, Bella finds happiness through giving up her life... Yes, the writing is inferior, but what teen girls will take away from the book is that it must be a wonderful thing to give up all you should value just so you can love a sparkly vampire.
So this is it
I hope you don't mind
That it's not the most creative thing on earth
But there's something very clean and simple
About it

Old 08-15-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
I had this huge thing here... but then I deleted it...
I just wanna say that you should be worried about me. I'm okay... I guess. I've been a lot worse...
.................................................. ....................................
I SHOULD be worried...or I shouldn't? D: *hopes and prays that was a typo*
Old 08-15-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post
I SHOULD be worried...or I shouldn't? D: *hopes and prays that was a typo*
You shouldn't be worried, as in there is nothing to be worried about. :P XD Fail typo... XD XD XD
Old 08-15-2011, 09:28 PM

Location: A pirate vessel, a Grecian paradise, a princess castle, a Victorian ball - anywhere romantic!

I love Sleeping Beauty! She's my patron princess! And all Disney movies are kind of shallow, yes, and dumb, yes, because they talk about an ideal person and life, but that's what children need!
I'm having a bit of a hard family time right now and it's nice to come back to the Disney movies I loved when I was five and think about all the adventure and romance and happiness the world contains as long as your brave enough to search for it and conquer your fears.
They may be simple and vain and too perfect, but how can you blame them - they're made for children who aren't old enough to think of anything much other than true love and following your dreams. Those two things I still think are the most important things in the world. Yes. I do wish I was still five.
Plus the music's awesome.
I'm listening to Prince Ali from Aladdin right now.
[Smiles, kisses Will, dramatic music, HAPPILY EVER AFTER (until they have to save the day again)!!!]

With inky love, Rose <3

CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE
Old 08-15-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiepie07 View Post
I'm Listening To Prince Ali From Aladdin Right Now.
I Love That Song!!!!!!!!! :d
Old 08-15-2011, 09:31 PM

Aladdin's a great movie! My favorite is still Lion King. It has some pretty strong female characters, more than can be said for the other Disney movies. But... Have you seen Peter Pan? *shudders* I love that movie, but the depictions of Native Americans in that movie are repulsing.
So this is it
I hope you don't mind
That it's not the most creative thing on earth
But there's something very clean and simple
About it

Old 08-16-2011, 12:08 AM

I never noticed how boring and unoriginal Belle from Beauty and the Beast was until I watched the movie again after 4 years. O_o

XD WHICH is why Mulan, Jane, and Jasmine are my favorite Disney girls. :P They're not overly-rebellious (o_e Ariel just seemed too angst-y after I rewatched that movie....XDDDD), but they know where they stand. Also Nala...but she's not a human. Does that count? XD

THE LION KING MOVIES SHALL ALWAYS BE MAH FAVORITE!!!!!! They have the PERFECT Disney balance:
Beautiful hand-drawn graphics, a solid plot, strong and lovable characters, villains that do more than just sit around and laugh manically, a dash of humor, some moral sense, light tinge of romance, and some rockin' quotes. :3 No wimpy girls, no self-absorbed heroes (e_e Hercules...grrr...), no overly-dramatic scenes............

Wait, why are we talking about Disney Movies on the Crush thread???? 0_0 XD
Old 08-16-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post
I never noticed how boring and unoriginal Belle from Beauty and the Beast was until I watched the movie again after 4 years. O_o

XD WHICH is why Mulan, Jane, and Jasmine are my favorite Disney girls. :P They're not overly-rebellious (o_e Ariel just seemed too angst-y after I rewatched that movie....XDDDD), but they know where they stand. Also Nala...but she's not a human. Does that count? XD

THE LION KING MOVIES SHALL ALWAYS BE MAH FAVORITE!!!!!! They have the PERFECT Disney balance:
Beautiful hand-drawn graphics, a solid plot, strong and lovable characters, villains that do more than just sit around and laugh manically, a dash of humor, some moral sense, light tinge of romance, and some rockin' quotes. :3 No wimpy girls, no self-absorbed heroes (e_e Hercules...grrr...), no overly-dramatic scenes............

Wait, why are we talking about Disney Movies on the Crush thread???? 0_0 XD
I love the Lion King...

-Douglas Adams

Tags
#foreveralone, *insert funny tag*, barbed wire is the worst, boys are weird..., boys are weird...., crushes, don't you know, gwen6eva, i like you <3, i love tags, i think i love you, i'm gay, i'm in love with lena, iffee <3, just had to add a tag, looooooove!, love doesn't exist..., my ferret ate my homework, notice me ;-;, oooooooh young love, sandy was here, tags y u so weird?, that you're toxic!, too much fighting >.>, ~snapple~