Quantcast 'The Breaking' NES - Page 20 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2011, 12:06 AM

"Dax!" Emily shouted, quickly compensating the moment of worry with a demand: "Where were you?!" she screeched, then shook her head and crouched down to where Dax was sagging in the arms of a stunned girl. Emilytook Dax by the shoulders and levered him onto the ground. "Don't just stand there," she snapped to a teen lingering overhead with a shocked expression, "do you have medical experience?"

"N-no..."

"Well, obviously I don't. Can't you get someone who does?"

The teen fled and Emily, infuriated by the fact that she had no idea what she was doing, fell to mopping at the wound until a studious young man with muddy brown eyes appeared at her side.

"You're good with, ah, blood?" Emily asked him, and upon recieving a positive response, she moved out into the cold street, wiping her bloody palms on the walls of the building.

*So... Jacob... I might just make him stalk Emily. For no reason.*

-Douglas Adams

Last edited by GabiDi; 08-31-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:29 AM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

Emi felt the hair on back of her neck stand on end, causing her to pause and turn toward the alleyway. In the dark and rain she couldn't see anything in the shadows, though she was aware something was there, or rather someone. Her eyes clouded for a moment, contemplating calling out to whoever it was, but then thought against it. It was risky with the Breaking around. As far as she knew this was an enemy, a friend to the boy shehad just wounded.
I better get back to the kid... she thought, suddenly whirling away and dashing off the way she had come. It wasn't long before the fire greeted her. It flickered in the darkness, comforting her exhausted and dripping form. It came as a relief when she saw the boy sitting there with the bird in his lap. He seemed scared, though noticeably relaxing when he saw her.
"Oh good the bird's with you." he blurted out.
"I was gonna say the same to you," she answered, giving him a questioning look.
"He flew off looking for you. The chicken got away, but this guy caught her. He seemed to know you."
"Did he?" she answered, sitting down beside him and holding a hand to the flames.
"Yeah. He recognized the chicken."
"Most do."
"He went after you though. Did you see him?"
"Not that I'm aware of."
"Oh..."

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:41 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Calla listened contently from the alley, wondering why in the world the people were talking about chickens when they could be killed any minute now.
She stepped back quietly, hands ready to pull out an arrow when she needed. If they found her it would be two against one, not great odds.

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 08-29-2011, 02:03 PM

After a few moments pause the boy asked, "Who were you chasing?"
Emi shrugged, grabbing her quiver and bow, dragging the pair toward the fire. She didn't like the rain, "An old memory."
"Oh..." he didn't question further, which she was grateful of. Phoenix landed on her shoulder and stayed there, fluffing up his feathers as he felt the fire's warmth.

Last edited by Kiwara; 08-29-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:07 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Calla continued listening. Who was the "old memory" She talked about? She would continue listening to find out.

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 08-29-2011, 02:13 PM

"What do you think happened to my Mom?" the kid asked quietly.
Emi shrugged, " I don't know." keeping it that way would be easier than telling the truth. She fell silent for a few moments before saying, "Look, why don't you just get some sleep? I'll keep watch."
"You wont leave, right?"
His question caught her off guard. She wasn't expecting that, "No... I won't leave."
Though she was soft spoken, the boy nodded and closed his eyes perfectly content with allowing this person to put his life in her hands.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabiDi View Post
"Dax!" Emily shouted, quickly compensating the moment of worry with a demand: "Where were you?!" she screeched, then shook her head and crouched down to where Dax was sprawled on the stained carpet. "Don't just stand there," she snapped to a teen lingering overhead with a shocked expression, "do you have medical experience?"

"N-no..."

"Well, obviously I don't. Can't you get someone who does?"

The teen fled and Emily, infuriated by the fact that she had no idea what she was doing, fell to mopping at the wound until a studious young man with muddy brown eyes appeared at her side.

"You're good with, ah, blood?" Emily asked him, and upon recieving a positive response, she moved out into the cold street, wiping her bloody palms on the walls of the building.

*So... Jacob... I might just make him stalk Emily. For no reason.*
*Uhm somebody caught him....*
"Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And then, one not-so-very special day, I went to my typewriter, I sat down, and I wrote our story. A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever. The End." ~Moulin Rouge

R.C. + H.M. + D.R. Forever!!!!
The game.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:03 AM

*Really? ...*reread* *failpalm* Okay, I'll edit.*

-Douglas Adams
Old 08-31-2011, 10:50 PM

*Thanks Gabi! You're the best! Thank you!! <3 *
The first thing Dax noticed when he became conscious was the sounds. Frantic footsteps, creaking chairs, and voices all around, some of which he could understand.
"...probably someone against the Breaking..."
"...don't understand is why anyone would do that?"
"Did anyone tell Terra yet?" There was silence.
"No....."
"Well God! Somebody go get her for crying out loud! Her first lieutenant is in critical condition!"
'Critical condition? What the hell happened to me?' Dax thought to himself. Slowly, his eyes fluttered open. The whole, crowded room sucked in a breath, staring at him.
His head was spinning, but Dax tried to sit up anyway. Fire shot up his arm and he bit his lip, groaning a little and everyone gasped. He looked around at them all.
"Well what the hell are you all standing around for?" he demanded with authority and they all breathed out a sigh of relief before most of them turned away. Everything was starting to make sense now and he looked to his left at Danny (That's just the random dude with dark eyes. If you were implying someone Gabi, I'll change it.)
"Ugh, Danny what's the status?" he asked, grabbing his head with his uninjured hand.
"Well, you lost a lot of blood, so you're going to need a day or two to recuperate..." he said, pushing his filthy glasses farther up his nose.
"I don't have a day or two!!! Where's Terra?!?! I have to---I have to---" Dax broke off, getting suddenly dizzy and grabbing his head again.
"Dax, from one friend to another, you NEED to rest! Someone's going to get Terra. Be patient, please. You can't go running around, especially in your current state." Danny assured him kindly.
"Fine. Get me a chair."
"Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And then, one not-so-very special day, I went to my typewriter, I sat down, and I wrote our story. A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever. The End." ~Moulin Rouge

R.C. + H.M. + D.R. Forever!!!!
The game.

Tags
awesomeness, gang, please join