Quantcast *{Not sure where this should go...}* Haha, let's obsess and discuss our crushes :3 - Page 68 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePie07 View Post
Oh my god guys. Seriously? Get over it.
I don't care if I was being mean, you're being immature and pessimistic which is my definition of pathetic.
Your social status in middle school truly has nothing to do with if you're going to get married and find love. Pretty much everyone does.
I never dated anyone in middle school.
I'm confident that one day I will fall in love and that person will love me back.
Or maybe you're homosexual and you simply haven't discovered it yet. And that's cool. Whatever.
Middle school guys are idiots anyways. Even the fantastic ones are idiots.
But being so "WOE IS ME! WHY WILL NO ONE LOVE ME!?" Isn't going to help anything.
Your time will come, I promise you. Be patient.
So what? They just want to have some fun with boys they like. What's the huge deal?

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 09-22-2011, 02:21 PM

Send a message via MSN to Sandy
Cool Go eat a sandwich. God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePie07 View Post
Oh my god guys. Seriously? Get over it.
I don't care if I was being mean, you're being immature and pessimistic which is my definition of pathetic.
Your social status in middle school truly has nothing to do with if you're going to get married and find love. Pretty much everyone does.
I never dated anyone in middle school.
I'm confident that one day I will fall in love and that person will love me back.
Or maybe you're homosexual and you simply haven't discovered it yet. And that's cool. Whatever.
Middle school guys are idiots anyways. Even the fantastic ones are idiots.
But being so "WOE IS ME! WHY WILL NO ONE LOVE ME!?" Isn't going to help anything.
Your time will come, I promise you. Be patient.
(That homosexual bit made me laugh a little... >w<)
I actually agree with you to an extent. I was just joking around with that "HEY! THA'S MY DEPRESSING LINE!" thing... I think I should make it clear how I really feel about being the only "single" girl I know:
My friends are twelve, thirteen, and fourteen years old. I find it a little bit stupid and, for lack of a better word, retarded that they go around "asking boys out" when they're not even old enough to do anything other than go to a movie. What does anyone that age have to offer a partner other than the answers to a test and a little bit of company? Come on. We don't own cars or houses--we're in middle school. One of my friends is so unbelievably fickle when it comes to crushes... she "has a crush on" about fifty random guys.
Let's face it... We're not adults. We can't act like adults. We (well, most of us) are in our early teens and we can't go around getting married. We're simply not mature enough, and neither are our hormones.
I think what I and a lot of other "single" girls are experiencing right now is peer pressure--all our friends have these "boyfriends" (if they even deserve to be called that) and we're wondering why we don't. We have come to the conclusion that, instead of maybe we're not mature enough yet, we must be fat, or ugly, or forever alone, right? Instead of being a normal thirteen-year-old who HASN'T been stuffed with growth hormones from processed food and IS NOT so insecure that we need to have some brainless middle school slave-to-their-hormones teenage guy following us around.
Still, it does not give anyone the right to call us pathetic because we're at a bit of a loss here. Social status comes with "a boyfriend/girlfriend" and I say, we all have the right to be a little disappointed that we don't get such a social advantage.
I am not saying that we don't have the right to have a crush, mutual crush, or drool over a couple of hot movie stars now and then--if someone told me I was too much of a child to acknowledge4 the butterflies in my stomach, I would be extremely peeved. I am not saying that all your boyfriends/girlfriends are fake and I am certainly not saying that any of you are fake. All I'm saying is that we're young... we have lots of time.
Who says we can't stay single for our whole lives? Nobody!
I think we'd all love to have one of those amazing movie star/romance book partners or whatever, but I think we lose sight of the fact that Bella and Edtard were seventeen-eighteen years old, Lorcan Furey was seventeen and Grace was fourteen, Superman and Lois Lane are adults, and any other romance character is well into adulthood.

In short... chill out, homies. Go eat a sandwich. ;^P
Old 09-22-2011, 02:38 PM

I agree, Sandy.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 09-22-2011, 04:18 PM

o_o

*claps slowly*

That...that completely summed this entire issue up, Cass. I couldn't agree with you more!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:00 PM

Yes, I do think it's a little dumb to be obsessed with dating in 4-8th grade. you have about a 1% chance of marrying a guy from school. So why do we care? I don't know. It's hormones, and on KP, it's kind of fun to dissect others love lives. xD

THAT'S ABSURD.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
Say that again.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
THAT'S ABSURD!

I wanna be at the House Cup Tournament.
I wanna be the Coolest Girl.
I wanna be a Starship Ranger.
I wanna be somebody's buddy.
But most of all, I wanna be at a Starkid concert!!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia View Post
Yes, I do think it's a little dumb to be obsessed with dating in 4-8th grade. you have about a 1% chance of marrying a guy from school. So why do we care? I don't know. It's hormones, and on KP, it's kind of fun to dissect others love lives. xD
Hormones? In middle school? I highly doubt it. It's all because of popular culture, and social pressure, nothing physical about it.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:43 PM

Location: A pirate vessel, a Grecian paradise, a princess castle, a Victorian ball - anywhere romantic!

For the record, I never said anything about anything other than all of your "I hate romance, no one will love me!". Now beyond that, behind all your other little thoughts, I never said anything. I was commenting on that and that alone. I don't care about the rest. But practice makes perfect, hun. You're going to be quite the looser if you go into college never having been on a date or kissed anyone.
Just saying.
But I can see I'm the only one of my kind around here, the only - God forbid! Heaven save her! - romantic. So I'll go on to be a cheesy romance novel writer and live in the suburbs with my two kids, dog, husband and picket fence and you all will just have to suck it. I don't really care your opinions on love, but it's petty to hate it. And it IS pathetic to be so self deprecating and sorry.
And you guys are making huge deal of something I said at 5 30 in the morning before I'd even had my tea. Mainly because you can't admit that IN IT'S MOST BASIC FORM just from the times when you guys were all "I'm never going to have any romance and I hate it anyways!" that you were being pathetic.
This is kind of just like when you guys get criticize on your writing and you get all defense because you don't like people pointing out flaws even though the story might've sucked.
I don't even like sandwiches.

Oh, and Sagar, you (At least girls, I know) have hormones in middle school. Average age of girls starting mestrating at age 12. I was twelve in seventh grade - my first year of middle school. Not saying that that's when I got it, because that's personal and creepy, but girls can get it any time between the ages of eight and fifteen and right smack dab in the middle of that is MIDDLE school. So yeah. Just saying.
[Smiles, kisses Will, dramatic music, HAPPILY EVER AFTER (until they have to save the day again)!!!]

With inky love, Rose <3

CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE
Old 09-22-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
Hormones? In middle school? I highly doubt it. It's all because of popular culture, and social pressure, nothing physical about it.

In 8th grade there are. :roll eyes: especially with the kids in my school.

THAT'S ABSURD.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
Say that again.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
THAT'S ABSURD!

I wanna be at the House Cup Tournament.
I wanna be the Coolest Girl.
I wanna be a Starship Ranger.
I wanna be somebody's buddy.
But most of all, I wanna be at a Starkid concert!!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
*facepalm* Ah, me and my STUPID DEPRESSING MOODS THAT MAKE EVERYONE MAD AT ME!!!!
Look, I'm REALLY sorry if I started a fight or something. It was a dumb thing for me to say, and at this moment in time, I know that what I said wasn't true. (I will probably be stupid and start believing it again.)
Somewhere, there IS a guy who was picked out just for me. Someday, I WILL meet him. But sometimes I just forget that.
Sorry guys. I am doofus-y like that sometimes.
Sooooo.... no hard feelings? *hopeful smile*
Hey, stuff happens. I do it too.
BTW... I'm not saying I need love right now. I need FRIENDSHIP.

i post what my nipples want (leaving this here to show just how long it's been since I got on, holy crap.)
Old 09-22-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
(That homosexual bit made me laugh a little... >w<)
I actually agree with you to an extent. I was just joking around with that "HEY! THA'S MY DEPRESSING LINE!" thing... I think I should make it clear how I really feel about being the only "single" girl I know:
My friends are twelve, thirteen, and fourteen years old. I find it a little bit stupid and, for lack of a better word, retarded that they go around "asking boys out" when they're not even old enough to do anything other than go to a movie. What does anyone that age have to offer a partner other than the answers to a test and a little bit of company? Come on. We don't own cars or houses--we're in middle school. One of my friends is so unbelievably fickle when it comes to crushes... she "has a crush on" about fifty random guys.
Let's face it... We're not adults. We can't act like adults. We (well, most of us) are in our early teens and we can't go around getting married. We're simply not mature enough, and neither are our hormones.
I think what I and a lot of other "single" girls are experiencing right now is peer pressure--all our friends have these "boyfriends" (if they even deserve to be called that) and we're wondering why we don't. We have come to the conclusion that, instead of maybe we're not mature enough yet, we must be fat, or ugly, or forever alone, right? Instead of being a normal thirteen-year-old who HASN'T been stuffed with growth hormones from processed food and IS NOT so insecure that we need to have some brainless middle school slave-to-their-hormones teenage guy following us around.
Still, it does not give anyone the right to call us pathetic because we're at a bit of a loss here. Social status comes with "a boyfriend/girlfriend" and I say, we all have the right to be a little disappointed that we don't get such a social advantage.
I am not saying that we don't have the right to have a crush, mutual crush, or drool over a couple of hot movie stars now and then--if someone told me I was too much of a child to acknowledge4 the butterflies in my stomach, I would be extremely peeved. I am not saying that all your boyfriends/girlfriends are fake and I am certainly not saying that any of you are fake. All I'm saying is that we're young... we have lots of time.
Who says we can't stay single for our whole lives? Nobody!
I think we'd all love to have one of those amazing movie star/romance book partners or whatever, but I think we lose sight of the fact that Bella and Edtard were seventeen-eighteen years old, Lorcan Furey was seventeen and Grace was fourteen, Superman and Lois Lane are adults, and any other romance character is well into adulthood.

In short... chill out, homies. Go eat a sandwich. ;^P
How do you say that so perfectly and I can't? Those were the words I was lookig for.
I don't have any crushes on guys, because I know most of them ARE blithering idiots, but I just want ONE DECENT GUY to look at me as a friend! Someone cool.

i post what my nipples want (leaving this here to show just how long it's been since I got on, holy crap.)

Tags
#foreveralone, *insert funny tag*, barbed wire is the worst, boys are weird..., boys are weird...., crushes, don't you know, gwen6eva, i like you <3, i love tags, i think i love you, i'm gay, i'm in love with lena, iffee <3, just had to add a tag, looooooove!, love doesn't exist..., my ferret ate my homework, notice me ;-;, oooooooh young love, sandy was here, tags y u so weird?, that you're toxic!, too much fighting >.>, ~snapple~