Quantcast Forum Game: Last person to post here wins! - Page 16296 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluzzle View Post
i have a confesssion, i have never read all of the harry potter books and they sound boring af tbh dont hurt me
the first time i tried to read it i stopped after three pages.
a year later i picked them up again and fell in love. around the ages 9-12ish i would read them over and over and over again bc i loved them so much and gosh i could read the first few pages word for word
by now i've sortof moved past actually rereading but i still love the characters and all, it's just that the books don't appeal to me anymore to read since i've started on other types of books and such? idek. it might just be age, but i think it depends on the person. i know i really loved the books at the time, and i still love the story itself and the nostalgia it brings.

omg i'm sorry i'm ranting

but i guess it doesn't matter bc different books appeal to different people? like i never got into the LOTR series /oops
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 03-22-2015, 02:47 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Quote:
i have a confesssion, i have never read all of the harry potter books and they sound boring af tbh dont hurt me
Same here honestly.

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 03-22-2015, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrybomb View Post
a year later i picked them up again and fell in love. around the ages 9-12ish i would read them over and over and over again bc i loved them so much and gosh i could read the first few pages word for word
by now i've sortof moved past actually rereading but i still love the characters and all, it's just that the books don't appeal to me anymore to read since i've started on other types of books and such? idek. it might just be age, but i think it depends on the person. i know i really loved the books at the time, and i still love the story itself and the nostalgia it brings.

but i guess it doesn't matter bc different books appeal to different people? like i never got into the LOTR series /oops
mm like i can get the appeal i think a lot of ppl can relate to the characters and the storyline is great for some ppl yaa!! but honestly i dont read much anyway because i cant focus for the long and this is weird but. paper feels really weird so i,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvhamsters View Post
Same here honestly.
thank god im not alone oh my god
Old 03-22-2015, 05:46 PM

so last night was closing night of our school's musical (Tarzan) and every time after the show we go out into our school's lobby still in costume and see our friends and parents and people who came to see the show. a few weeks ago we toured all of the elementary schools in our school district to advertise for the show, so a lot of little kids saw it this weekend, and after the show some of them always wanted an autograph or a picture with Tarzan or Jane or Terk or Kala. but last night i was just staying in the lobby for a while, still in costume, talking to my stage crew friends and this little girl came up to me with her mom and ASKED IF SHE COULD TAKE A PICTURE WITH ME and then later ANOTHER LITTLE GIRL WANTED A PICTURE and that is how my role as a plant propelled me to stardom
Old 03-22-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
sure, they have a mass following, but they're not for everyone. and also, as much as tumblr refuses to acknowledge it, they're written for middle schoolers, so it's probably hard to get into them once you've gotten past that age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrybomb View Post

yeah, it's the same for me. i read all of them when i was in 5th or 6th grade and i've never really been obsessed with them, but i can keep up with the harry potter fandom and understand references and make jokes and stuff. but i'm not going to reread them because i'm not going to enjoy it again. it's like when i reread The Hunger Games - i honestly got halfway through it and couldn't understand how i had enjoyed it in the first place. i thought it was so bad. and Percy Jackson! i could barely finish the last Heroes of Olympus book because i'm just too old. as much as i love it, i've outgrown it and i can't enjoy it in the same way i did when i was in elementary/middle school
Old 03-22-2015, 06:05 PM

https://youtu.be/qQ_wNbbMcms

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 03-22-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Eh well they're really good when you're in like third-fifth grade and don't get me wrong I still really love them and the characters and everything but yeah I think that by now they're written a little more childishly than probably your age so yeah it's probably too late for you ^u^
Old 03-22-2015, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
Eh well they're really good when you're in like third-fifth grade and don't get me wrong I still really love them and the characters and everything but yeah I think that by now they're written a little more childishly than probably your age so yeah it's probably too late for you ^u^
yeah, when i was in public school (for like one year) it wasn't that popular and our mom didn't want us to read them anyway, so i've never been in the hp fandom either. i also read a few of the percy jackson books (now THOSE were popular!) and i stopped after like, 3? 4? idk. overall, I fell in love with fantasy works and historical fiction and then I kinda stopped reading altogether and bought comic books. but yeah, after a while, some of those things just aren't interesting anymore and i'm sure the reading level would be so weird for me now. ^_^'
Old 03-23-2015, 06:46 PM

friendly reminder:
GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
CLOSE EVERY COUNTERPRODUCTIVE TAB UNTIL YOU FINISH YOUR HOMEWORK.
YOUR EDUCATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN FICTIONAL CHARACTERS OR RANDOM THINGS HAPPENING ON THE INTERNET.
DO. YOUR. FREAKING. HOMEWORK. THEN COME BACK HERE
(and no i'm not a hypocrite okay i finish my work in school)

THIS HAS BEEN A PSA FROM YOUR THIRD PARENT.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
friendly reminder:
GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
CLOSE EVERY COUNTERPRODUCTIVE TAB UNTIL YOU FINISH YOUR HOMEWORK.
YOUR EDUCATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN FICTIONAL CHARACTERS OR RANDOM THINGS HAPPENING ON THE INTERNET.
DO. YOUR. FREAKING. HOMEWORK. THEN COME BACK HERE
(and no i'm not a hypocrite okay i finish my work in school)

THIS HAS BEEN A PSA FROM YOUR THIRD PARENT.
ugh mom why
*sighs and logs out*

Tags
! ! ! pokeyisswag, !! real 1st tag, !a first tag, ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡), (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻, /family reunion/, diltg, emma = epik, emma is 4ever, falling rain..., fart fart fart fart, fuck, funny, gwen5evar, i love emma, i love panda, i love you slendy, i win ., jack milliken was here., just a smalltown girl, lenny bruce is not afraid, lst randomness, mirwolf, sherlock was here, tylerdurdenwashere