Quantcast Religion [not a debate; just lost lil' me] - Page 45 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2011, 09:07 PM

Really? Oh. Then why was this on the NEW thing?
Old 06-20-2011, 09:09 PM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

Because people have revived the thread.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:00 PM

Question Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowtide View Post
But Jesus himself claimed that he was the son of God. He was either lying, or insane, or he was telling the truth.
But he wasn't just 'an amazing person'.
I don't have much Education in the Christianity aspect of religion, but it seems to me that everyone made a big deal out of nothing- not to offend anyone. See my next post for example.

i post what my nipples want (leaving this here to show just how long it's been since I got on, holy crap.)
Old 06-21-2011, 10:07 PM

Default Err

Okay. Who asdi he came back form the dead? They didn't have many good health thingers- they mgiht've made a mistake. Who could've just passed out for a while.
And ever played the game Telephone? Ity's kinda like that for some of the Bible stories, I think.

Anyway, here's something that doens't really have to with anything (well, it would t my church.. go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalism)
So, everyone had something underneath that's surprising, yuoc an'y make assumptions eg. Someone gay is annoying.. NO, wrong.
But then how will we define people in our lives? How do we know who we can trust?

i post what my nipples want (leaving this here to show just how long it's been since I got on, holy crap.)
Old 11-14-2013, 02:44 AM

Lightbulb

www.jw.org

Answers to practically every question about life, death, personal happiness, love, the future, identifying false religion, and who God really is can be found in the Bible. This site is extremely useful when it comes to finding those answers. It helps show the practicality of the Bible--how, even though it was written thousands of years ago, the guiding principles and moral standards in it are still beneficial for us today. The site also gives concrete proof of WHY we can trust what's in the Bible, with scientific facts and logic as evidence.

I sincerely hope you will take a look at the site, whoever it is who may be reading this post. ^_^

"Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you; for everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking, it will be opened." - Matthew 7:7, 8
Old 11-30-2013, 11:58 PM

I go to a Unitarian Universalist church, which basically accepts all people and all beliefs. The "sermon" just has some great stories and the people there all have great values. You can believe in whatever you want. For instance, I believe there is a high power but not necessarily God and Jesus and the Trinity and all that. There's also atheists, and Jewish people, and basically anything you can think of. it really doesn't matter. It's a great place to go to learn more about beliefs and to discuss this kinda thing with people.

Sorry for my bad description. I'm taking this next part off of a website.

OUR VISION
Shared Values - Diverse Beliefs - Beloved Community

OUR MISSION
We gather as an inclusive community to grow in character, mind, and spirit and to transform the world toward fairness, love, and compassion.

The only real base of beliefs is the 7 principles, which you can read here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KsIW0b6jDk...principles.jpg

Old 07-04-2015, 04:58 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberLove View Post
Okay. Who asdi he came back form the dead? They didn't have many good health thingers- they mgiht've made a mistake. Who could've just passed out for a while.
And ever played the game Telephone? Ity's kinda like that for some of the Bible stories, I think.

Anyway, here's something that doens't really have to with anything (well, it would t my church.. go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalism)
So, everyone had something underneath that's surprising, yuoc an'y make assumptions eg. Someone gay is annoying.. NO, wrong.
But then how will we define people in our lives? How do we know who we can trust?
He wouldn't have just passed out. The story goes that He was nailed to a cross and left there for hours after being whipped and stoned. He had it worse than others who were crucified, as He was nailed to the cross instead of tied to it with rope. Also, after He did die on the cross, the soldiers stabbed Him in His side to make sure that He was truly dead.

And as for the telephone, you could be right. However, telephone is usually played by word of mouth instead of the written word. The Bible stories were written word and then translated to different languages. There are a few different versions of the Bible that are translated differently because they are difficult to translate. It wouldn't change drastically, like things in the game telephone do, because it's not passed along in the same way or as many times.

And yes, I realize I'm responding to a post from 4 years ago. I'm so painfully bored, I'm sorry XD

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 07-04-2015, 09:07 PM

we just resurrected an ancient debate thread from the dead

but was it really dead

or did it just pass out

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-05-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
we just resurrected an ancient debate thread from the dead

but was it really dead

or did it just pass out
That's actually so deep

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 07-05-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
That's actually so deep

tencharacters

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run

Tags
advice, religion