Quantcast Tori's writing thread of weirdness. - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 06:49 PM

Default Tori's writing thread of weirdness.

So this is pretty much what it sounds like. It's a public place where I'll post a whole bunch of random writing blurbs without clogging up the NES with my writing nonsense.
Come here for all of your spoiling needs! I will be posting bits from my stories, and just stuff that comes up in my head. I guess it's like my own writing blog, except I'm sure no ones will follow it

So yeah. To start, I've come up with this for the Outlanders, all books. It's a collection of quotes from major characters, most of which haven't even shown up in the book yet:

Torren (20)- “We’re not just a team, we’re a family. That means we have each other’s backs and we care what happens to each other.”

Kristina(16)- “You don’t know me. What I’ve been through, why I’m the way I am. And you have no right to judge me, either.”

Eli (18)- “Life has a winning side, and a losing side. I simply chose to win.”

Colton (17)-“Everyone, everything, is disposable- some more than others.”

Calob (17) - “Every moment I spent in that coma was spent in knowing that the last thing I saw was you far away, running towards the town, instead of what could have been had you stayed and gotten captured along with me.”

Harry (32) - “Great. First I’m stuck in a coma for ten years and now I get to chaperone the X-Men minis cross-country to defeat a man that has 75% of America backing him up. Life doesn’t get much better than this.”

Zoe (14) - “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know if you’re handed one with the nice, delicious, expensive ones or the crappy ones filled with goop that leave a bad taste in your mouth.”

Summer (15)- “Experiences aren’t what define you. It’s what you learn from them that create you.”

I put their ages simply because I felt like it and sometimes I just need a friendly reminder about how old my characters are. Anyways, enjoy
Me
~I See Fire-Ed Sheeran~

DFTBA
Old 02-09-2014, 07:00 PM

Yaaaaay outlanders stuff
Old 02-13-2014, 11:22 PM

The light of the setting sun illuminates my path as I walk down a street surrounded by little houses and shacks. This was the outskirts of town, no doubt, where all of the mutants that couldn’t hide their powers were sent to live after their lives were stolen from them. Their jobs, their homes, their hope. Oklahoma had always been very discriminant against mutants, which I suppose is why we chose it as our destination to do our “adventuring,” as Colton liked to call it.
I keep my hands tucked into my pockets, and don’t make any eye contact with anyone, even if they are mutant. My hood and sunglasses hopefully hide my identity, as I get closer to my assigned destination.

And this would be the first two paragraphs of the new and improved Outlanders Prologue part one. Yes, it's got a first person present-tense POV, but only because that's the easiest for me two write right now.
And, it's complete with fun facts about the book and how it has come to be.

1) The idea started with a single character: Kristina Black.
2) One of the first versions of her name was "Jesibel" and the beginning of the book followed her escape from Area 51, but then I changed it back to the original "Kris" and changed the story line for there to be two main characters
3) Kristina was actually made to be an X-men fan fiction character after I started (and finished) watching the cartoon series "X-Men Evolution"
4) Kristina always had red eyes and hair.
5) Torren, on the other hand, originally started out with blonde hair with green streaks, but I changed it very recently before writing the most recent version of the Outlanders
6) I started plotting "Black, Black-Lane series," (which was the original series I was gonna do, with a prologueing book for both Kris and Torren) during the summer after my..... seventh or eighth grade, which either way is before I joined KidPub.
7) Eight chapters of "Black" was released before I discontinued it. This was the book containing Kristina's back story.
8) When Kristina was originally made (as an X-men fanfic character), she was the daughter of Gambit, one of my favorites of the X-men.
9) Gambit was from New Orleans, which is why I decided to place her back story there. He was also an avid gambler, which is why Kristina's father lives in Las Vegas.
10) Kristina's mother originally had this HUGE fortune locked away in their mansion, which was to be handed down to Kristina when she was old enough to inherit it. Although I have decided it won't take as much part as it would have, it will still show up in the epilogue and will be mentioned throughout the book.

That's all, folks!
And Happy Forever Alone Day!!!!
Me
~I See Fire-Ed Sheeran~

DFTBA
Old 07-20-2015, 06:18 PM

Default excerpt from my gay romance story thing

He had studied the back of the boy’s head for the last fifteen minutes of the train ride, and had gotten nothing from it. Absolutely. Nothing. It made him want to bang his head against something. He gazed desperately at the boy’s head as it turned towards the conductor. The conductor was blocking most of his view, but he could make out an ear and maybe an eye if he looked closely. He rubbed his glasses, but by the time he was done, the conductor was gone and the boy’s head was turned back to the wall in front of him. What an un-extraordinary boy, he thought to himself bitterly, gazing into his reflection in the dark window. If he saw himself, he thought, he could think of a million different stories. He was so peculiar, so individual. Not even in a good way. Even without the huge square glasses and the electric blue hair, he stood out from the crowd. As one of his friends had put it, he was half eccentric because of how gay he looked and the other half because of how far he went to not look gay.

“You know I’m more than just a gay guy,” he had told said friend, a fellow gay chick by the name of Maria. She had laughed.

“We all know that,” she said. “You’re also kind of cool. But looking at you it’s hard to tell much about you except that you’re a gay hipster.”

He had no response to this. Maybe to other people he was just a gay hipster, but he could imagine a million stories of someone that looked like him. He’d like to think he could come up with the story of a gay hipster writer kid who used too many similes and hung out at coffee shops and drank a lot of tea. This was another thing he had received friendly mockery for-- drinking tea at coffee shops. Again, this was by Maria. She gave him the most mockery for stupid things he happened to do, like ordering hot tea in the summer at starbucks.

“You know a real hipster would drink cappuccinos,” she said. “You can’t just go around breaking the stereotype like that.”

This had again rendered him speechless, because she was a lesbian who wore flannel shirts and also had ribbon extensions in her beach blonde hair. Until he had met her, he was under the impression that a girl couldn’t simultaneously be a hot beach babe and a lesbian. He had made up the wildest, most extravagant and ridiculous stories about her when he first saw her. None of them were true. Well, most of them. He had partial accuracy, like he hoped he usually did.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run