Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > KidPub Yearbook: 2008
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
ikr
well it's pretty much resolved except that even though her username is LEAVING SOON she hasn't actually left and she's still commenting on her own post which seems silly since it has been several days
True :/, tbh I felt so bad when I saw her post because i'd been super rude to her, but then I read it all and I was, well...bye.

Oh also tysm for commenting on GGS cX, I can honestly say I had a mini freak-out(in a good way) when I saw your name on the comment.
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Old 06-01-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
True :/, tbh I felt so bad when I saw her post because i'd been super rude to her, but then I read it all and I was, well...bye.

Oh also tysm for commenting on GGS cX, I can honestly say I had a mini freak-out(in a good way) when I saw your name on the comment.
omg I feel so luved ^ .^ np

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 06-10-2016, 09:33 PM

whoa guys what i miss

hook me up with a link pls
Old 06-11-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostblaze View Post
whoa guys what i miss

hook me up with a link pls
I checked my track but it might have been deleted

So basically there was this girl (Snow White/Maria) who made a long post saying that everyone who writes more "mature" content on KP should pack their bags and leave and then gave some examples of better places for us to be. -_- including tumblr and wattpad. So a bunch of people got pissed and told her that we weren't going to all of a sudden leave.

Well then she deleted that post and wrote a long one called I'm Leaving and changed her name to LEAVING SOON and she told everyone that she was bullied and there were hate comments and she couldn't be on KP anymore. She brought up the KP mission of a safe fun place for kids to write or whatever, so that pissed some people off…including, apparently, Perry.

Perry wrote a comment and told her that she didn't need to leave but kids are often overprotected and it's their problem is they choose to ignore warnings. I forgot the exact wording but it was awesome and he said that he had even been offended by stuff on KP in the past but he knew that no one should be kicked off the website. Anyway it was really awesome and then Maria got all pissy about it and was like "wow perry? I'm definitely leaving" and actually didn't leave for a LONG TIME and just spent a week replying to everyone comments and being really passive aggressive. I haven't seen her since.

Perry: 1
Maria: 0

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 06-11-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:

So basically there was this girl (Snow White/Maria) who made a long post saying that everyone who writes more "mature" content on KP should pack their bags and leave and then gave some examples of better places for us to be. -_- including tumblr and wattpad. So a bunch of people got pissed and told her that we weren't going to all of a sudden leave.

Well then she deleted that post and wrote a long one called I'm Leaving and changed her name to LEAVING SOON and she told everyone that she was bullied and there were hate comments and she couldn't be on KP anymore. She brought up the KP mission of a safe fun place for kids to write or whatever, so that pissed some people off…including, apparently, Perry.

Perry wrote a comment and told her that she didn't need to leave but kids are often overprotected and it's their problem is they choose to ignore warnings. I forgot the exact wording but it was awesome and he said that he had even been offended by stuff on KP in the past but he knew that no one should be kicked off the website. Anyway it was really awesome and then Maria got all pissy about it and was like "wow perry? I'm definitely leaving" and actually didn't leave for a LONG TIME and just spent a week replying to everyone comments and being really passive aggressive. I haven't seen her since.

i'M LAUGHING SO FREAKING HARD ARE YOU KIDDING ME

OH MY GODS

PERRY IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

DUDE THAT'S AWESOME SHOOT WHY'D SHE DELETE IT DARN

thank you so much cx
Old 06-11-2016, 12:54 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

Quote:

I copied Perry's comment onto a document in the expectation that it would be deleted

Quote:
I normally don't jump into these discussions, but since Maria brought up the site's mission, I though I would. When I say that KidPub is a safe place for kids, I absolutely don't mean that it is safe in the sense that you won't be offended by what someone has written. In fact, it's the opposite. I mean that it is a safe place to explore, as a writer, how you express yourself. It's about writing how you feel, and conveying it in a way that others feel, too. Hell, I'VE been offended by some of the stories I've read over the years, but that doesn't mean I censored them.

I think that there's way too much 'protection' of kids by society right now from whatever the current boogeyman is. Frankly, I think the whole 'trigger warning' things is ridculous. KidPub has been for twenty years, and will be for the next twenty, a place where kids can express themselves in whatever way they feel appropriate, without someone looking over their shoulder and telling them to stop.

That being said, I do from time to time ask an author to tone it down a bit, usually when the story is geting uncomfortably graphically sexual, or when an author is using the site to aggressively promote their religious beliefs.
^^thats it
Old 06-11-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I copied Perry's comment onto a document in the expectation that it would be deleted

^^thats it
oh my gods

oh mY GODS

PERRY I LOVE YOU

HE EVEN CURSED A LITTLE I LOVE IT OH MY GODS

thank uuuu <3
Old 06-11-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Quote:
I normally don't jump into these discussions, but since Maria brought up the site's mission, I though I would. When I say that KidPub is a safe place for kids, I absolutely don't mean that it is safe in the sense that you won't be offended by what someone has written. In fact, it's the opposite. I mean that it is a safe place to explore, as a writer, how you express yourself. It's about writing how you feel, and conveying it in a way that others feel, too. Hell, I'VE been offended by some of the stories I've read over the years, but that doesn't mean I censored them.

I think that there's way too much 'protection' of kids by society right now from whatever the current boogeyman is. Frankly, I think the whole 'trigger warning' things is ridculous. KidPub has been for twenty years, and will be for the next twenty, a place where kids can express themselves in whatever way they feel appropriate, without someone looking over their shoulder and telling them to stop.

That being said, I do from time to time ask an author to tone it down a bit, usually when the story is geting uncomfortably graphically sexual, or when an author is using the site to aggressively promote their religious beliefs.

^^thats it
yess there it is in all its glory

it was such a great moment in kp history (i've never seen perry respond to a post like that oh my godd) but like you said i was p sure it would be deleted, so i took a screenshot xDD lol i'm so glad we kept this gem
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c236fbe3-70ca-40cb-a2e4-1ed2ff8bea2c.jpg (36.8 KB, 24 views)
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 06-11-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostblaze View Post
oh my gods

oh mY GODS

PERRY I LOVE YOU

HE EVEN CURSED A LITTLE I LOVE IT OH MY GODS

thank uuuu <3
you guys are so amazing oh my god x3 but yeah perry ftw

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 06-12-2016, 08:07 PM

I may not agree with our founding father on EVERYTHING, but he's certainly a wonderful person I really look up to. And I agree with him here all the way.

Maybe we should have a specific age range tho because I'm not sure I want my seven year old brother to read some of the stuff we post.

But certainly. Most of us here have reached the maturity where we need to experiment.

Ok I'm ranting and this is slightly pointless but hey.

Good on you Perry *thumbs up*

-i found, amber run

Tags
*hugs the arsonist*, *sets tags on fire*, 2008, ali, be a gentleman, be a lady, cheese, chicken salad, cry me a river, epic tag, fight history, forgive and forget!!!!!!, hi          , i'llmissu rebecca, jamie. just jamie -_-, joshua!!!:d, kidpub, manners! from effie, spaz!, tag saver, ugh...somepeople, unicorns and rainbows, wholikescheese?, wow...................., youknowwhomakesmemad