Quantcast KidPub Survival thing NES (please read, it's fun) - Page 9 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2018, 12:12 PM

I make sure my small backpack is still on my back. It has important things like money, which I’ll be sure to need. I grab my deep blue suitcase and start pulling the handle.
Kayla starts talking about Jaiden Animations. I’ve never heard of it but I listen to her talk what it’s about.

*rl me searche sup jaiden animations*
Old 12-31-2018, 12:58 PM

We all exited the airport and headed into the hotel. It was a nice, big one. I sat down on the nearest chair and beckoned the rest to come as well. I had no idea what would come next.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:10 PM

In th lobby of the hotel, there’s a TV, which is quite expectable. The National news station is on and on it there’s a journalist on screen with a troubled look. One of the people at the hotels main desk decide to change the channel out of the blue to a TV soap opera. But I hear the journalist utter some words right before the channel is changed. “The government is being threatened-“
I wonder if I’m the only one that heard that. The government is being threatened? By what? By who? I take my mind off it and instead go up to the main desk with everybody else to claim our keys and rooms.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:57 PM

As usual, my own thoughts are whirring too fast for me to hear the news woman, so I follow everyone else, humming obliviously.

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 01-01-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemye10 View Post
In th lobby of the hotel, there’s a TV, which is quite expectable. The National news station is on and on it there’s a journalist on screen with a troubled look. One of the people at the hotels main desk decide to change the channel out of the blue to a TV soap opera. But I hear the journalist utter some words right before the channel is changed. “The government is being threatened-“
I wonder if I’m the only one that heard that. The government is being threatened? By what? By who? I take my mind off it and instead go up to the main desk with everybody else to claim our keys and rooms.
“Threat to the government?” I laughed. “What government? It’s in shutdown anyway. Can I help threaten the government?”
Old 01-01-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
“Threat to the government?” I laughed. “What government? It’s in shutdown anyway. Can I help threaten the government?”
(Heyy, Alem implied this earlier but I should of said something... let's go to the conclusion that we do this over the coming summer break. The gov can still be on shutdown.)

I laughed along, but started to feel a little nervous. Perry still wasn't here, and... something about the government being threatened. Still not a worry, as they were in shutdown, (again. Calm it, Trump.) but still... something seemed off. I pulled up my phone, trying not to look rude, and checked the spam on Google Hangouts. I took a picture, sent it to the main chat, then started fiddling with Helix Jump absentmindedly.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:23 PM

What you go by on KidPub: Jill
Power: Manipulate electricity in small amounts? Maybe too small to do anything besides giving someone a small sting, but I can make electromagnetic fields and probably charge a few phones while I'm at it (since no one thought to bring a charger... Really.) I don't know about this power until perhaps I touch a power outlet or get shocked accidentally but am amazingly fine (or maybe the current dances on my fingers before dispersing, Idk)
Personal Supplies:
1. Phone (with headphones and charger)
2. Wallet (with cash, passport, and ID)
3. A laptop and its charger (since I don't have one url and want one lol)
4. A pencil case with pens, pencils, erasers, white out (etc)
5. Anything to write on, probably a Notebook.
6. *holds up boyfriend* does this count? (I'm just running out of ideas) a few textbooks, I guess
Anything that might be useful: my will to survive is incredibly strong and I'll do anything it takes to get back home to my family.
Anything that might not be useful: I will also constantly whine about how I'm in this scenario because I'm not a US citizen
Secrets: what secrets?
Other: I'm 18 and also in rooming with Ena cause.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:36 PM

I dragged my suitcase down the road noisily. Being in LA wasn't really foreign to me- I'm a city girl, and I could read English fine. If I got lost, I still had my phone with me anyways.
I made a turn into the lobby of the hotel, and immediately saw a group of kids (I could justly say kids in this scenario; most if not all of them I currently saw was probably younger than I was), some in their phone, some idly chatting, a soap opera in the background. Overall it was a pretty typical hotel setting, really.
I scanned the group for faces I knew - although I probably only knew Ena by appearance. Aaaaaaand there she was. (They? Idk ur pronouns atm sorry)
"Hey fu-" I spared a glance for a kid who looked particularly young in comparison and changed the course of my sentence, biting back the curse I was about to use in the place of her name. "-friend. Ugh. That sentence turned out wrong." I put a hand on her shoulder a bit too heavily (it was the nerves) and she turned around.
"It's Jill, but I'd be offended if you couldn't tell." I said, with a huge grin. It helped with the anxiety of the situation- I was running on adrenaline at the moment.
"Sorry I'm late, my plane got delayed a bit, and customs are a-" again, my tendency to swear was overwhelming, even when I didn't use the language in day to day life. "-pain to go through." I finished, with only a short pause.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:45 PM

“Jill!” I exclaimed, hearing her talk to Ena. “I’m Luna! Hi!” I beamed, hoping I didn’t look like an idiot.

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 01-01-2019, 08:55 PM

Not part of the nes but:

Sorry guys, I thought we were writing this as if the government hadn’t already been shut down. But if we are aren’t then forgive me but I’m a little confused. How can the Malums take over the government if it’s shut down? Just wondering cuz then I can edit my part correctly.

Tags
i’ve been adopted, kayla makes, kayla makes 2 many threds, kayla was here, lol wut