Quantcast 'The Breaking' NES - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2011, 04:16 PM

Default 'The Breaking' NES

The story starts the day we were born. Our families weren't really anything to be proud of, and some of us didn't even have family. We were born loners, outcasts to the civilized world. We grew up on the streets, making our own way. We only have one rule -- what happens, happens. Whatever you do, you're on your own.

Who's to say rules cannot be broken?

A gang was made. Street-rustlers aging from infancy to 18 years were collected from every alleyway in New York to make the pack. Most, much like us, joined, and are still looking into joining today. Others refused. They believed the 'rule' must be obeyed and respected, but we thought otherwise. The ones that refused our offer swore a pact against us -- if they find anyone who is with us, they are to kill us. But we will not crack.

We are The Breaking.

*No more of that dramatic crap.

If you haven't figured it out, this is an NES about kids on the streets who stick together through thick and thin. This gang is called 'The Breaking'. Kids who aren't in The Breaking have sworn to kill anyone who IS in The Breaking. Get it? Got it? Good. Here are the guidelines:

You are allowed 2 characters, max. Before you post (when the story starts) please say which character's point of view you are posting from. Even though the story said, 'aging from infancy to 18 years', you cannot have your character(s) be below the age of 6. You may have a little sibling below the age of 6, if you wish, though they are not considered an actual character. You may either be IN The Breaking or against it, but I'm only allowing four characters out of The Breaking. Once spots fill up for being out of The Breaking, I'm not allowing anymore. (sorry!) Only one of your characters (if you choose to have 2) is allowed OUT of The Breaking. (Note: One of my characters is against The Breaking, but he doesn't count for the four, so no worries. ).

Here is the character form:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
___ The Breaking:
[] In
[] Against
Street Weapon: (no large guns)
Family:
Other:

Here are MY characters:

Name: Jarid
Appearance: Scruffy blonde hair reaching to his ears, fiery black eyes, tall, tan, skinny, athletically-build.
Personality: Dark, almost EVIL, doesn't care for anyone but himself. Has practically no mercy. Deep inside, longs for a friend. Secretly lonely. (all together, TROUBLED.)
___ The Breaking:
[] In
[X] Against
Street Weapon: (no large guns) Handgun
Family: His little sister, Terra
Other: Is the leader of everyone against 'The Breaking'

Name: Terra
Appearance: Long, straight, silky blonde hair with black beneath and navy blue streaks in front. Fiery hazel eyes. Tall, tan, skinny, athletically-build.
Personality: Daring and rebellious, yet courteous. Brave. Doesn't take crap from anyone. Likes to have it her own way, but is rather friendly in other ways. Can be thought of as lazy or rude when you get on her nerves.
___ The Breaking:
[X] In
[] Against
Street Weapon: (no large guns) Hunting knife
Family: Her older brother, Jarid
Other: Is leader of 'The Breaking'

Thanks!*

-- Tia
"Well, it changes every day, you see."

Last edited by tia_d543; 08-08-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:27 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Sounds cool!
Name: Calla
Appearance: Wears all black, golden hair down to elbows, straight, and golden eyes.
Personality: Awesome, doesn't trust anyone.
___ The Breaking:
[X] In
[] Against
Street Weapon: (no large guns) Bow and arrows.
Family:None
Other:Nope

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 08-08-2011, 04:39 PM

*Here goes nothing! This kinda reminds me of The Outsiders.*
Name: Dax
Appearance: Tall, pale, long-ish dark hair, deep blue eyes (like almost black), high cheekbones, very relaxed and smooth.
Personality: The strong silent sarcastic type. He's not SILENT, but he usually doesn't talk a ton. He's extremely smart and athletic, one of the better fighters. Very mysterious and refuses to discuss his dark, violent past.
___ The Breaking:
[X] In
[] Against
Street Weapon: Just his hands. (If he must, a pocket-knife)
Family: He'd rather not say. Everyone assumes only child
Other: He's very dark and can be frightening when you first see him, but then you realize "Oh my god, he's super handsome!" xD
"Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And then, one not-so-very special day, I went to my typewriter, I sat down, and I wrote our story. A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever. The End." ~Moulin Rouge

R.C. + H.M. + D.R. Forever!!!!
The game.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:58 PM

Name:Coin
Appearance: He is barely over five feet tall and skinny, but can run fast and is well balanced. He always carries around a coin, which he uses to make decisions. He has dark brown hair and deep gray eyes.
Personality: He is confident, charismatic and persuasive
The breaking: In
Street weapon: A customized dagger called Ridges; the blade is bronze, the hilt is emerald, and the pommel is onyx. The sides of the blade have sharp, thorn-like edges, one side has them going up, the other goes down.
Family: None
Other: He has only been in the breaking for a few days

Last edited by Eric; 08-08-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:13 PM

Name: Kat (Katrina)
Appearance:She has this crazy maroon colored hair that's curly and falls down to her waist. It has black highlights in it. Her eyes are the color of the night and she's REALLY skinny and tall (5'7). She always wears BLACK, WHITE, SLIVER, or GRAY. And boots. You can't forget boots. :3
Personality:She's smart. As in so smart she's a genius. She's a singer and has this REALLY high soprano voice. She's kind in this very rational way and is VERY not so modest (as in when people say she's smart, she says that she's EXTREMELY smart ) and therefore considered rude. She knows when to run and when to hide. She's also secretly in love with some guy (? Whoever is willing to have their male character fall in love with her, say "I" ) but has NO sense of humor. She's a planner more than a fighter, but she's willing to fight if SHE FINDS IT REASONABLE (she'll do that with everything.)
___ The Breaking:
[X] In
[] Against
Street Weapon: (no large guns)Her mind. :3 She also carries a small dagger. She doesn't name her objects. But if she has to, it's called Light.
Family: She has a dog that's trained to do whatever she tells it too. It's called "Dog." or "Mars."
Other:NONE.

THANK YOU!

~لكاتب حلما~
~డ్రీం రచయిత~

Muic iS mY Lif3.

iF taKe iT Fr mE, i WiLएल NeVer быть ABle tO DrEaM πάλι.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 08-08-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
She's kind in this very rational way and is VERY modest (as in when people say she's smart, she says that she's EXTREMELY smart ) and therefore considered rude. !
Um, sorry, I uh, don't mean to sound like a smart-butt here, but modest is the OPPOSITE of what you sound like you think it means. If she's very modest, it'd look like this: "Oh, wow, you're really smart!" "Oh, well, I'm not THAT smart..."

Just to let you know.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:39 PM

That's true.. ! I meant NOT SO MODEST THANKS!

~لكاتب حلما~
~డ్రీం రచయిత~

Muic iS mY Lif3.

iF taKe iT Fr mE, i WiLएल NeVer быть ABle tO DrEaM πάλι.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:50 PM

Yerp! Any time!

Old 08-08-2011, 11:26 PM

*DreamWriter. Your character can be in love with whoever she wants! A word of caution, they may or may not love her back *
"Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And then, one not-so-very special day, I went to my typewriter, I sat down, and I wrote our story. A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever. The End." ~Moulin Rouge

R.C. + H.M. + D.R. Forever!!!!
The game.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:34 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

I'm gonna join in on this... Just give me some time.

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.

Tags
awesomeness, gang, please join