Quantcast Prophecy of the Warrior: A novel, advice welcomed! - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2011, 11:30 PM

Smile Prophecy of the Warrior: A novel, advice welcomed!

Okay, for those of you who are reading this to help (Please do), me (Zulfiqar) and my friend (Cromer) are writing a novel (First in The Prophecy series) called Prophecy of the Warrior. We have one problem though: we can't decide on the plot-line. So that's where you come in. If you help out and give us ideas to fill up the gaps in our plot, I promise we will BOTH read and comment on one of your stories all the way through. So, please help? Feel free to come into our conversations (But PLLEAASSE don't plagiarize our ideas) and help us out!!

Zulfiqar- Peace out!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:46 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

So it's Fantasy?

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:48 PM

Yes, indeed it is! We've (as in I) have been arguing since... I wanna say two, but I think it's three years...
Old 09-02-2011, 12:11 AM

Your friend/coauthor doesn't think it's fantasy?

Old 09-02-2011, 07:29 AM

Oh, no... Sorry. I was talking about the plot! :P Yeah, he knows its fantasy, otherwise he wouldn't be writing it. He writes nothing except fantasy!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:31 PM

Oh! Haha. So you need help with the plot? What have you got so far?

Old 09-02-2011, 03:26 PM

Nothing. That's the point! Three years, and we got nothing... Sad isn't it?
Old 09-02-2011, 03:43 PM

Well...*blinks* yeah that is sad. Really sad. Well...what do you guys like? I mean, is it one of those intense warrior god fantasy thing, or some dude with an intense sword that you see in video games?

Old 09-02-2011, 05:40 PM

Umm... Not really, kind of both, not really though... its confusing... I'm going to start writing up the prologue, and make up a plot from there... And there isn't really an intense sword, and Telmar (The main character) isn't really a "warrior god." In fact, he's not that good until he gets Sun Training (Something I JUST made up! :P ) which is like Special Forces. So, yeah...
Old 09-02-2011, 10:42 PM

It's your book, but honestly I'd start all over. Prophecies are one of the most common things in epic fantasy novels, almost always having rhyming lines and it involves the main character. If I were you I'd stay away from that stuff because it has been done a million times. And NEVER just start writing a book without knowing where to go. I did that and I'm still writing it three years later. If you want good advice on how to ceate a good outline go to google and type in snowflake method. It's a ten step method that covers all details of your novel. It starts by writing one sentence and it ends with writing a whole book. Also make sure to have an area in your house dedicated to writing. A desk would come in handy along with some paper and a case of pens and pencils. Also make sure to keep in touch with your friend. Emails are the most effective way to communicate at a distance other than the phone. But if you are going to stick with this plot make sure to keep it realistic. The character shouldn't have to win every battle and could even take a few punches. Keep the wounds serious but not fatal. Keep limb loss to a minimum, but a finger or two isn't as bad. Diseases could be used to limit the character's abilities. Search up common cliches to keep away from to make the story more original. I hope this helped!