and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 09-13-2011, 02:53 PM

Eight, I guess we'll start!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:44 PM

The dark was so thick you could feel it, but the trees of the forest glowed with a strange light. Slowly, the eight figures drew near to the stone. One of them, Naona, touched it and drew back her hand.

"There has been another sacrifice," she said. "The wretched ones have drunk blood."

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 09-14-2011, 03:42 PM

Marin pulled her dagger out of her pocket. "Tonight, I say we hunt them down. There have been way to many sacrifices lately." She said, pushing a loose strand of her hair behind her delicate shoulders. She knew, deep down, that the wretched ones would probably never be caught, yet strangely, she couldn't let that sink in. It was this shock and her anger towards the sacrificers that caused her to lose control of her animal side. Within seconds, she was near the ground, baring her teeth. She loved this animal side of her, The snow leopard, but hated how little control she had over it. The only think that distinguished her from a real leopard was her emerald green eyes and snow white teeth.

Her dagger lie on the floor near her back paws, and before she could be to embarrassed at this sudden loss of control, she sprinted off into the twilight.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:38 PM

"Marin!" called Naona, "Where are you going?"

As the dark closed in around the last shadows of her, Naona drew her own dagger.

"Let's go," she said.

Slowly, gruesomely squirming and turning black, she turned into a huge cobra and slithered faster than any normal human could run towards Marin. Her fangs, dripping poison, held between them a jewled dagger, the only visible part of her, and only a tiny glitter, as the shadows closed in.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 09-15-2011, 02:14 PM

"Wait young people!" A voice as clear as the night sky, but as soft as velvet filled the air. Everyone turned to see Sari, the forest watcher's daughter. A dark figure stood behind her in the shadows. David. They angry animals haulted. "Please return to your human form." The all quickly molded back. Some hesitated but all obeyed. "You all have not heard the news," Sari announced in a broken voice. There were two sarcafices tonight..." The crowd gasped. "They happen to be," her voice cracked and her eyes turned wet. "My parents." The night air mixed with the sounds of gasps, and crys.
How could this be?

Only then did one Elder realise, Sari and david were the new watchers. She bowed in respect. Slowly the whole crowd bowed. A tear rolled down her cheek. "The Night Wolf has visited our home tonight and he shall be back, for us all. Tonight we leave. Prepare yourselves for evacuation." Sari waited for this news to sink in. She knew many would not approve but they must obey. Some would be stuborn, but she would make them. Sari turned into a butterfly. A beautiful blue and black one, and flitted away into the night. David dissapeared into the shadows and the crowd headed for their huts, walking almost mechanically with shock. The Night Wolf had been in there town, darkness and death were soon to be upon them...

Last edited by JennyC; 09-15-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:21 PM

Naona gritted her teeth.

"We've got to go to the wretched one's castle, now," she said, "And frankly, I don't care about what we'll have to go through. Sari's parents equals the last straw! And now the Night Wolf..."

She was so angry that she almost turned into a viper, but stopped herself.

*Note to JennyC: You can be the queen/watcher thing, sure. But just try not to make yourself the main character. No offense, you haven't done that at all, but just be careful. That's the problem with NES.*

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 09-15-2011, 11:48 PM

*OOOH! TWIST! Hehehe...*
"Archer of the Ravens, do you accept the offer to join the Night Wolf?" The leader asked formally. Archer gritted his teeth against the pain.
"I accept, master," he said, shifting his arm so it was less in the fire.
"Good," the master replied with a wicked grin. "Now," he added, "we can start the blood sacrifice."
Archer choked back tears and bile, and prepared himself.
"Archer of the Ravens, remove your hand from the fire. With the power vested in me, the Magister, I slit the palm with the knife of Litatio, the first Magister." He drew a long, beautiful knife and sliced Archer's hand. Archer cried out, pain blinding his already blurred vision. "I, Pravus of the Asps, initiate you into the Night Wolf."
Magister dropped his hand, and Archer cradles his burnt and bloodied one. His head swam as he hit the floor, unconscious.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:01 PM

@EmmaR: I like it!

@AlgebraAddict: Sure, i hear what your saying. It was the plan at the start to have her as the new watcher but don't worry, everyone will all will get to be the main characters.

Sari clung to David in the shadows of a row of trees. He wrapped his muscular arms around her. "You are doing the right thing," he murmured. "I must go help the woods people. Suprevise." Sari let him go, her long bronze hair fell around her face. She nodded, her face paler than usual. "Go."

David stalked through the trees. He found some Elders trying to pack and helped them silently. They nodded in thanks as he done so. A young girl caught his eye. She was eight years of age and David knew her name to be Janet. The young viper minded her sometimes. David strided over to her. Janet peered up at him. "You are looking for someone. Naona is over there," he told her pointing. The girl curtsied and hurried away.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:24 PM

A short time later, Naona and Janet walked towards Sari and David.

"Um," said Naona, "Janet wants to join us. I mean, I told her no, but she demands to see the watchers..."

Janet piped up, "Hello The Watchers!"

Naona rolled her eyes and said, "So, what do we do?"

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run

Tags
animals, awesomeness, nes, shapeshifters