Quantcast Harry Potter NES (No personal characters) - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post
Albus suddenly felt nervous. He usually isn't very social, and here he was, sitting with two very pretty girls. "Hello. I'm Albus Severus. I'm a first year, too. This is--"

Katia cut him off and said, "I'm Katia. Call me Kate."

It didn't seem like Katia was trying to be rude, but Albus still just felt more nervous. He tried to smile, but he thought he must've looked really stupid.

Trying to make conversation, he said, "So, who was that girl? Yeah, I think James told me about her. A complete loser, I've heard." He felt proud of himself for knowing the latest gossip.
Geraldine straightened. Albus and Katia. Albus and Katia. "I dunno... she introduced herself as Maeve. I think 'loser' might be a bit strong, though?" Geraldine hated to be mean to anyone, even if they were crybabies or losers.

Albus looked at her oddly, so she smiled and shook it off. "Anywho, it's nice to have acquantances before the term even starts," she said, beaming. "I wonder what House you'll be put in, Albus? I'm crossing my fingers for Gryffindor. Oh, and Kate, what house are you in?" She felt like a motormouth, but she didn't care.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMi View Post
Geraldine straightened. Albus and Katia. Albus and Katia. "I dunno... she introduced herself as Maeve. I think 'loser' might be a bit strong, though?" Geraldine hated to be mean to anyone, even if they were crybabies or losers.

Albus looked at her oddly, so she smiled and shook it off. "Anywho, it's nice to have acquantances before the term even starts," she said, beaming. "I wonder what House you'll be put in, Albus? I'm crossing my fingers for Gryffindor. Oh, and Kate, what house are you in?" She felt like a motormouth, but she didn't care.
Maeve hovered surreptiously near Albus and Katia's compartment. They sounded like they were having loads of fun without her. She also heard her name mentioned. She immediately was angry at herself. Why, Maeve, you idiot, why do you always make a fool of yourself?

She headed past their compartment, head held high, towards the back. She wasn't going to let them keep her down.
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 03-09-2012, 03:12 PM

After a long and intent conversation in which Geraldine mostly listened to Albus tell her and Kate about his father's adventures with Hermione and Ron to destroy an evil Lord named Voldemort, Geraldine decided it'd be a good time to change into her robes, so she left for the bathroom.

It was occupied, so she patiently waited for the person in it to finish up and leave. The girl to leave the bathroom happened to be Maeve, wearing her Slytherin robes. When she saw Geraldine, she sucked in her breath and spun on her heel, strutting away.

"Maeve, stop!" Geraldine called, and Maeve did so, slowly turning to face her.

"What?"

"I... I don't think you're a loser."
Old 03-09-2012, 03:30 PM

Smile This is getting interesting!

Quote:
After a long and intent conversation in which Geraldine mostly listened to Albus tell her and Kate about his father's adventures with Hermione and Ron to destroy an evil Lord named Voldemort, Geraldine decided it'd be a good time to change into her robes, so she left for the bathroom.

It was occupied, so she patiently waited for the person in it to finish up and leave. The girl to leave the bathroom happened to be Maeve, wearing her Slytherin robes. When she saw Geraldine, she sucked in her breath and spun on her heel, strutting away.

"Maeve, stop!" Geraldine called, and Maeve did so, slowly turning to face her.

"What?"

"I... I don't think you're a loser."
Maeve was shocked. She was hanging between scoffing at the first year or thanking her.

But before she could respond, Katia walked in the lavatory and informed the girl, "We've arrived. You've got to head to the boats."

So Maeve settled with saying, "Good luck."

Later, Maeve watched out for the girl during the Sorting. When a teacher called out, "Littleton, Geraldine!" she saw her maybe-friend stiffly walk up to the stool.

The Sorting Hat was silent for a moment before roaring, "HUFFLEPUFF!"

Maeve was a bit dissapointed, but she thought that she could always see her during breaks. She hoped that she would want to be friends with a Slytherin.
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 03-09-2012, 03:46 PM

*Mary Elizabeth? I don't mind the little bit that you controlled Katia, but can you please... not? I'm not upset about it, not one bit, so please don't get the wrong idea, but some other people might get upset.... Anyway, it was fine that one time...*
Old 03-09-2012, 03:59 PM

*So.... is Katia in the room with everyone else... *is having a mind blank* the one where the ceiling is enchanted and all.... I can't think of what its called and now its bugging me!*

I smiled as a stiff Maeve walked towards the Slytherin table. I was seated by James at the Gryffindor table, with a few of my friends at the table.

I chose that moment to let my thoughts wander to my sister, Abbey, who would be in her first year next year. Would she be in Gryffindor? I really hoped so. Frail, fragile Abby would never survive in this place without me.

Just then, I was called back to reality when Geraldine's name was called.

Last edited by AnnaMator; 03-09-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaMator View Post
*Mary Elizabeth? I don't mind the little bit that you controlled Katia, but can you please... not? I'm not upset about it, not one bit, so please don't get the wrong idea, but some other people might get upset.... Anyway, it was fine that one time...*
*Actually, Anna, I've been thinking... This NES is more of a cooperative story where you donate your character for anyone to use (well, briefly) than a 'THIS CHARACTER IS MINE' possessive kind of story. It'd work better if we let each other control our characters. ^___^*
Old 03-09-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaMator View Post
*So.... is Katia in the room with everyone else... *is having a mind blank* the one where the ceiling is enchanted and all.... I can't think of what its called and now its bugging me!*

I smiled as a stiff Maeve walked towards the Hufflepuff table. I was seated by James at the Gryffindor table, with a few of my friends at the table.

I chose that moment to let my thoughts wander to my sister, Abbey, who would be in her first year next year. Would she be in Gryffindor? I really hoped so. Frail, fragile Abby would never survive in this place without me.

Just then, I was called back to reality when Geraldine's name was called.
*Maeve's in Slytherin... :P

Ooh, and the room is called the Great Hall, I think.*

Last edited by BlueMi; 03-09-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
*Actually, Anna, I've been thinking... This NES is more of a cooperative story where you donate your character for anyone to use (well, briefly) than a 'THIS CHARACTER IS MINE' possessive kind of story. It'd work better if we let each other control our characters. ^___^*
**Feels stupid.*

Ooooohhhhhhhh..... I get it now. Okay. So, we can control others characters to a point? YES! This will move along so much faster!!!!!**jumps up and down**
Old 03-09-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post
Maeve was shocked. She was hanging between scoffing at the first year or thanking her.

But before she could respond, Katia walked in the lavatory and informed the girl, "We've arrived. You've got to head to the boats."

So Maeve settled with saying, "Good luck."

Later, Maeve watched out for the girl during the Sorting. When a teacher called out, "Littleton, Geraldine!" she saw her maybe-friend stiffly walk up to the stool.

The Sorting Hat was silent for a moment before roaring, "HUFFLEPUFF!"

Maeve was a bit dissapointed, but she thought that she could always see her during breaks. She hoped that she would want to be friends with a Slytherin.
*I'm going to re-narrate her sorting... for her POV, y'know? :3*

During the sorting, Geraldine knew she would be somewhere in the middle. She was correct, for after Alice King was sorted into Ravenclaw, the Headmaster's voice rang through the hall: "Littleton, Geraldine!"

Trembling, Geraldine stood, smiling at Albus, who wasn't yet sorted, and at Katia, who was at the Gryffindor table. She searched for Maeve in the sea of green Slytherin, but couldn't find her.

Closing her eyes, she was completely aware of the Sorting Hat placed over her head. A few seconds later, it screamed "HUFFLEPUFF!"

So that was it. Hufflepuff... Geraldine thought. The adventure begins, now...

Tags
awesomeness, friggin' pygmy puffs, gryffindor! party more!, heck, hufflepuff! wizard stuff!, i see., i'll miss u pokey, it doesn't matter :d, oracle: future headmaster, pretty sure thats every1!, sorry about tyra., tyra's a character, who's tyra?