Quantcast Harry Potter NES (No personal characters) - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMi View Post
*I'm going to re-narrate her sorting... for her POV, y'know? :3*

During the sorting, Geraldine knew she would be somewhere in the middle. She was correct, for after Alice King was sorted into Ravenclaw, the Headmaster's voice rang through the hall: "Littleton, Geraldine!"

Trembling, Geraldine stood, smiling at Albus, who wasn't yet sorted, and at Katia, who was at the Gryffindor table. She searched for Maeve in the sea of green Slytherin, but couldn't find her.

Closing her eyes, she was completely aware of the Sorting Hat placed over her head. A few seconds later, it screamed "HUFFLEPUFF!"

So that was it. Hufflepuff... Geraldine thought. The adventure begins, now...
*awesomeness.*

I smiled as Geraldine walked towards the Hufflepuff table. Geraldine would do perfectly in that cabin.

In a minute or two, 'Potter, Albus" was called, and a shaky Albus walked towards the stool. He sat down nervously, and the hat was placed on his head. The hat was quiet for a long time. I could see him mouthing something.

"Not Slytherin, huh? Just like your dad." The hat called. I had heard stories of his dad's sorting. Apparently, Harry had begged the hat not to place him in Slytherin.

"Alright," the hat cried at last, "GRYFFINDOR!"
Old 03-09-2012, 04:32 PM

*Whoever added the Katia and Albus tag... nah. :P Katia and James, maybe, they're closer in age. ^__^

I dunno what to write nooow... I'll wait for ME, I guess.*
Old 03-09-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
*Whoever added the Katia and Albus tag... nah. :P Katia and James, maybe, they're closer in age. ^__^

I dunno what to write nooow... I'll wait for ME, I guess.*
*Katia... and Albus? NUUU. Katia no like Albus! He's too young for her! Maybe James, but... IDK. I have to get to know Katia better first before I say anything else for her, ya know what I mean?*
Old 03-09-2012, 06:54 PM

Default Okay, it was me who added the tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaMator View Post
*awesomeness.*

I smiled as Geraldine walked towards the Hufflepuff table. Geraldine would do perfectly in that cabin.

In a minute or two, 'Potter, Albus" was called, and a shaky Albus walked towards the stool. He sat down nervously, and the hat was placed on his head. The hat was quiet for a long time. I could see him mouthing something.

"Not Slytherin, huh? Just like your dad." The hat called. I had heard stories of his dad's sorting. Apparently, Harry had begged the hat not to place him in Slytherin.

"Alright," the hat cried at last, "GRYFFINDOR!"
Albus was extremely relieved. He had lived up to his father's expectations. He made a mental note to write to his parents that night.

And, he was in the house with the Katia girl. In the back of his mind, he reminded himself that she was too old, but he could at least try and be friends with her.

He almost ran over to the Gryffindor table as they applauded him.

"Another Potter!"

"D'you think he can get me an autograph from his dad?"

Ignoring the whispers, Albus received a clap on the back from James and beamed at everyone for the rest of the Sorting.
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 PM

*Heeheeee... Albus must crush on Katia. And then Katia must reject him. >:^D*

Geraldine hurried to the Hufflepuff table, and was greeted by several happy, welcoming faces.

"We knew from the start you had to be a Hufflepuff!" said a very pretty, dark-skinned girl with long, curly black hair. She offered her hand to Geraldine. "Tanya Brown, 2nd year."

Geraldine nodded politely. "Thanks for the warm welcome!" she gushed, over the screams as Albus was sorted into Gryffindor. She flashed him a smile, and while doing so, noticed Maeve sitting, with her shoulders hunched over, at the Slytherin table. She tried to make eye contact, but Maeve wasn't paying attention.

"Hey..." said Geraldine. "Hey, you know a Slytherin named Maeve? What's she like?"

"Maeve?" asked Tanya. She forced a smile. "Oh, she's swell, like anyone else in Hogwarts!" Her tone wasn't convincing, however.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
*Heeheeee... Albus must crush on Katia. And then Katia must reject him. >:^D*

Geraldine hurried to the Hufflepuff table, and was greeted by several happy, welcoming faces.

"We knew from the start you had to be a Hufflepuff!" said a very pretty, dark-skinned girl with long, curly black hair. She offered her hand to Geraldine. "Tanya Brown, 2nd year."

Geraldine nodded politely. "Thanks for the warm welcome!" she gushed, over the screams as Albus was sorted into Gryffindor. She flashed him a smile, and while doing so, noticed Maeve sitting, with her shoulders hunched over, at the Slytherin table. She tried to make eye contact, but Maeve wasn't paying attention.

"Hey..." said Geraldine. "Hey, you know a Slytherin named Maeve? What's she like?"

"Maeve?" asked Tanya. She forced a smile. "Oh, she's swell, like anyone else in Hogwarts!" Her tone wasn't convincing, however.
Despite the crowd of people, Maeve was feeling very lonely. She could already see Geraldine making new friends from her own house.

She sighed and pulled out a book from under her robe. Might as well enjoy myself during the feast, she thought as she hid the book under the table.

It felt like she was only reading for a few minutes, but when someone jabbed her in the back, people were already filing out of the Great Hall.

"Don't push your luck," a short redheaded girl whispered, the one who poked her.

Before Maeve could even say "Hello", the girl left.

Should we add more action to this? I don't know if it should be like a Realistic Fiction type thing (ironic, right) or like the books, with some kind of antagonist.
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 03-09-2012, 07:14 PM

ANTAGONIST! Let's have fun! ^____^
Old 03-09-2012, 07:25 PM

*Okee-dokey, then!*

As the other Slytherin girls giggled and gossiped, Maeve pulled out a book and sat on her bed, too tired to unpack.

Soon it was late into the night, and Maeve was still up, reading her book. She felt so sad, so, so very sad.....She would never be happy again......she might as well be killed right on the spot....

Maeve heard a rattling outside the window by her bed. She shot up when she saw its mouth, the round hole that wanted her soul....

It was a dementor.

Maeve grabbed her wand on her nightstand and shouted an incantation she only learned by reading in the summer: "EXPECTO PATRONUM!"

It wasn't enough, but while all the other girls woke up and started jostling around, the dementor went away, leaving Maeve pointing her wand at an empty window.

"What's wrong with you?!" a girl asked.

"There was a dementor outside that window!" she shrieked.

"Wh-what--you're a lunatic! There haven't been dementors at Hogwarts since Harry Potter was in school! Go back to bed, Maeve!"

At that, all the girls in the room started grumbling as they went back into their bed and covered their heads with the bedsheets.

Maeve's thoughts went wild; She knew that the girl was right, that dementors were forbidden from Hogwarts. That left the question: why have they come back?

Last edited by MaryElizabeth; 03-09-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:32 PM

Name: Oracle Lesmin
House: Slytherin
Appearance: Really long black hair, normally wears long black dresses. She went goth because her mother forbid her to go goth. Tall.
Personality: Mostly silent, but when she does speak it is often nasty. She is unbelievably hard to be friends with, but when she does make a friend she will lie and kill to protect her friend. Bloodthirsty. Although she seems like the next Voldemort, she hates all dark wizards and witches and those who plot to be them. Is desperate for a friend, though she doesn't want to admit it.
Favorite class: Potions
Blood: Fourth-blood (grandmother was witch)
History: Her grandmother was a witch, and revealed to Oracle her true identity on her deathbed. Oracle's parents have steadily no clue of anything unnatural about her. With her snappy mother and her drunken father, she grew into a rebellious and icy person. Lies to her parents about what school she goes to.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run

Last edited by AlgebraAddict; 03-09-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:36 PM

Oracle was sitting in a corner. There definitely had been a dementor, she knew. Stupid girls, not to realise this... except for the other, Maeve.

Maeve, she noticed, did not sleep. Neither did Oracle, who was crouching in the shadows, waiting...

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run

Tags
awesomeness, friggin' pygmy puffs, gryffindor! party more!, heck, hufflepuff! wizard stuff!, i see., i'll miss u pokey, it doesn't matter :d, oracle: future headmaster, pretty sure thats every1!, sorry about tyra., tyra's a character, who's tyra?