Quantcast Danger Days NES - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 PM

*confused* So the actual Killjoys are in here? I thought they'd be dead, and we'd be like, the new generation.*
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nngo View Post
*confused* So the actual Killjoys are in here? I thought they'd be dead, and we'd be like, the new generation.*
*meh I dunno. Wanna do a restart?*
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 PM

*yeah, you should probably do a restart. I forgot about the last part where they died. Yeah*
Old 12-10-2012, 10:08 PM

*anyone can start*
*plz*

Last edited by Lily09; 12-10-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:31 PM

The sun disappeared beneath the sandy horizon, but the heat didn't. The place known casually as the Killjoy Hangout swam with sweat from just sitting still. The moon was outglowed by the gaudy and warm lights from inside, where the wanted rebels sat polishing their ostentatiously patterned, striped guns and shoes, talking, eating, and arm wrestling. A couple were gathered around the radio, furtively searching for signals from illegal channels leading into their antagonists' headquarters and more amusing Dr. Death Defying weather-and-danger reports. Anything, really. But those efforts were heartless and the only things they were whole-hearted about was relaxing, resting, and easing the stress of rainbow gunfights with comic book villains. Among them was Stirling, otherwise known as Rattail, adding more poetic phrases and lyrics with a permanent pen onto her white coat and shaking the dust out of her shoes. Menial, really, but soothing. She started a conversation within conversations, one that started with, "What do you think the Dracs are doing while we're sitting here?" and expected anyone sitting closest to her to answer.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
The sun disappeared beneath the sandy horizon, but the heat didn't. The place known casually as the Killjoy Hangout swam with sweat from just sitting still. The moon was outglowed by the gaudy and warm lights from inside, where the wanted rebels sat polishing their ostentatiously patterned, striped guns and shoes, talking, eating, and arm wrestling. A couple were gathered around the radio, furtively searching for signals from illegal channels leading into their antagonists' headquarters and more amusing Dr. Death Defying weather-and-danger reports. Anything, really. But those efforts were heartless and the only things they were whole-hearted about was relaxing, resting, and easing the stress of rainbow gunfights with comic book villains. Among them was Stirling, otherwise known as Rattail, adding more poetic phrases and lyrics with a permanent pen onto her white coat and shaking the dust out of her shoes. Menial, really, but soothing. She started a conversation within conversations, one that started with, "What do you think the Dracs are doing while we're sitting here?" and expected anyone sitting closest to her to answer.
Toxic Bullet, who often went by Toxic, shrugged.
"Probably thinking up new ways to cause hell," Toxic replied and took a swig from her water bottle. She made a face.
"This things like four days old. I swear, I'm going to get sick from mould or some shit. I wish we had more supplies," she complained. A few of the Killjoys looked at her and she knew what it meant. They had to work with what they had and if it meant old water bottles, then that's what it was. They were on their own and they were trying their best to survive, ever since... Ever since... Toxic didnt want to think about what happened to the other four. She had known them for a while, and her parents knew them, and it made Toxic want to cry.
Of course, crying out here wasn't going to do any of them any good.
So Toxic went on re-polishing her gun for what seemed like the thousandth time that day. It was a silence that made Toxic uncomfortable. She wished someone would speak. She was almost thirteen, but she still felt like a child. Like a lost child.

Last edited by Lily09; 12-10-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
Toxic Bullet, who often went by Toxic, shrugged.
"Probably thinking up new ways to cause hell," Toxic replied and took a swig from her water bottle. She made a face.
"This things like four days old. I swear, I'm going to get sick from mould or some shit. I wish we had more supplies," she complained. A few of the Killjoys looked at her and she knew what it meant. They had to work with what they had and if it meant old water bottles, then that's what it was. They were on their own and they were trying their best to survive, ever since... Ever since... Toxic didnt want to think about what happened to the other four. She had only known them for a year or two, but her parents knew them, and it made Toxic want to cry.
Of course, crying out here wasn't going to do any of them any good.
So Toxic went on re-polishing her gun for what seemed like the thousandth time that day. It was a silence that made Toxic uncomfortable. She wished someone would speak. She was almost thirteen, but she still felt like a child. Like a lost child.
"Supplies," Rattail lamented. "New colored pencils. New socks. Fall Out Boy. All the things we took for granted in Wal-Mart we'll probably never see and use again." The group often counted on her for a mournful note or a reminder of the past or anything vaguely philosophical and whimsical. And if they didn't, they got one anyway. "Mold can kill you and infect your lungs, you know. Dangerous fungi. Dracs are like fungi. They live on their leader and they die when he does. But how do we get to the big boss if we can't go through the little levels?" When no one said anything else, she continued.
"Despite the heat, I wish it was morning right now. Sitting here makes you think too much." And after a pause, "I wish it would rain." A few members of the group nodded and murmured their assent reluctantly.

*Someone say something, someone say something, and hopefully, BL/ind ambush.*
Old 12-10-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
"Supplies," Rattail lamented. "New colored pencils. New socks. Fall Out Boy. All the things we took for granted in Wal-Mart we'll probably never see and use again." The group often counted on her for a mournful note or a reminder of the past or anything vaguely philosophical and whimsical. And if they didn't, they got one anyway. "Mold can kill you and infect your lungs, you know. Dangerous fungi. Dracs are like fungi. They live on their leader and they die when he does. But how do we get to the big boss if we can't go through the little levels?" When no one said anything else, she continued.
"Despite the heat, I wish it was morning right now. Sitting here makes you think too much." And after a pause, "I wish it would rain." A few members of the group nodded and murmured their assent reluctantly.

*Someone say something, someone say something, and hopefully, BL/ind ambush.*
"Remember... Remember when there used to be MCR? My parents hated them, thought they were evil and that seven year olds shouldn't be listening to that stuff and told me to "turn that crap off." Ge-I mean Party. I miss him. And Ghoul. And Kobra and Star. They have always been my hero, even before this. They never thought they'd have to work with them," Toxic sighed. And then she smiled slightly, but the frown returned quickly. I'm not going to cry, nope, she thought as she felt her vision blur. Quickly, she reached up and brushed the few tears away and mumbled, "I'm okay."

*Someone post, and then I'll bring Zekith in.*

Last edited by Lily09; 12-11-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 PM

*okay just so you know, I'm really confused about my character and all. It's 2019, she's about thirteen, which means she was born in 2006... Uh, her parents died when she was six(changed the age earlier) which meant the Killjoys took her in in 2012... She got into MCR at five, because her older cousin was always listening to it... Okay, got it down.*
Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
"Remember... Remember when there used to be MCR? My parents hated them, thought they were evil and that seven year olds shouldn't be listening to that stuff and told me to "turn that crap off." Ge-I mean Poison. I miss him. And Ghoul. And Kobra and Star. They have always been my hero, even before this. They never thought they'd have to work with them," Toxic sighed. And then she smiled slightly, but the frown returned quickly. I'm not going to cry, nope, she thought as she felt her vision blur. Quickly, she reached up and brushed the few tears away and mumbled, "I'm okay."

*Someone post, and then I'll bring Zekith in.*
"I feel you, man," Rattail said with the empathy infliction of a flatline, but she really did. "But now we've got bigger problems than sinking to a sauna of misery." Ironic, because she was the one to bring the subject to light. "We've got Dracs licking our trails and a cyborg villain who has taken over California and subjected all normal citizens to his evil pills. We've got a dead America, welcome to 2019," she publicly soliloquized, if not a tad dramatically or hysterically. "I wonder what's happening in Russia. What if there are free souls like us.. in Russia? What if they have AK-47 and tanks we can use to defeat BL/ind in Russia? We could play roulette, it'd be fun. What if..." Her pointless ponderings were cut short by a sharp sound from outside. All spines inside snapped up straight, all hands clenched their guns by instinct.

Tags
awesomeness, chickennnnnn, its okay to join shy one, join, more tags!, rules, too shy to join this