Quantcast Avatar NES...Continuation of *~Athena~*'s Thingy - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 PM

Location: *sings* Sooooommmmmeeewwhhhheeerrree over the rainbowwwwww....I WILL KILL YOU! *evil cackle*
Default Avatar NES...Continuation of *~Athena~*'s Thingy

OK, so here's the story so far:

The benders of the world sat peaceful and still, meditating, practicing and enjoying the day. Spread out among the grassy hills, a gentle breeze blew through the grass. There wasn't a single cloud in the blue sky, and the sun was warm. Everyone was calm and peaceful.
A loud boom erupted out of nowhere, the dirt exploding and cracks appeared in the earth! A deep shaking moved the earth, the ground humming and rumbling, rocks and dirt breaking and falling into the deep darkness. The earthbenders quickly acted, earthbending everyone away from the earthquake.
"What is going on!?" Arria (Athena) shouted, struggling to keep her balance. She fell to her knees, the hem of her Water Tribe dress becoming torn and stained with dirt. She screamed when a chasm appeared in front of her, and she scrambled away, her green eyes full of fear and her brown hair that was neatly braided suddenly wild. Then a final BOOM knocked everyone off their feet, dust and dirt forming a thick cloud. Then, a shadowy outline appeared in the cloud, hulking and huge. Then when it emerged, everyone screamed.

"Aggghhh!" Dawn (Cathy/me) screamed. The shadowy figure loomed above, rising taller and taller, with its glowing crimson eyes bearing hatred and fury. It trudged to where Arria lay, frozen in fear. BOOM....BOOM....the earthbenders tried desperately to stop the earth from shaking, but their energy was wasted; for the beast had not even noticed. The creature was getting closer....closer......no one could move; they were all shaking in fear.
"ARRIA!!!!! NOOOO! YOU COWARDS!" Dawn yelled, while at the same time, leapt out and tried to block the fearsome creature, trying this way and that. She tried to freeze the monster, yet her water glanced off its scales like a ball on ground.
Her next failed attempt consisted of everyone getting drenched, but she wasn't going to let off that easy. Dawn preformed a string of powerful, damaging moves, taking up all of her energy and putting the crowd in awe at her strength. But the creature seemed unharmed, only that now its attention was diverted to her. In its throat it rumbled a menacing growl, crescendoing until everybody couldn't bear it any longer. Dawn had slumped, exhausted, a pool of water around her from her defeated attempts. On a last effort, she tried to protect her friend, crawling, until finally, she collapsed, and blacked out.
The monster roared in triumph, beating its chest, only to find endless benders pouring out, defending the girls; the firebenders yelled mercilessly as they shot their flaming, 2000 degrees fireballs. The earthbenders were ruthlessly blinding the creature and they made large hole appear in the earth, dragging the monster into it. Waterbenders were making the spikes on their ice-daggers extra sharp, until they gleamed like crystals in the sunlight. Airbenders knocked the wind out of the creature when making an air-punch directed to the beast's stomach.
Yet their efforts were as small as an ant, compared to the monster's. One by one, the benders gradually fell back....

Suddenly, a mighty roar like no other ripped through the air, a tumultuous current of strength and authority. Red scales glittering, the dragon shot out of the sky and slammed into the creature, knocking it back. Blue-white fire tumbled from the beasts maw, and it seemed actually to be wounding the enemy monster. One by one, benders began to join in as the dragon and monster wrestled ferociously. They seemed to be making headway in the battle. There was hope yet!
Pillars of fire to slow her descent, a teenage firebender girl dropped from the sky. Her wild mane of black hair whipped around her shoulders and her amber eyes were determined. She rushed over to where Dawn and Arria lay. All of the other benders were distractedly aiding the dragon in its grapple with the unknown monster, so the mysterious girl discreetly began using earthbending to move the two girls up the hill. Arria sat up and gasped. Was this firebender earthbending?
"Who are you?" Arria murmured in awe. "Are you the Avatar?"
The firebender-earthbender looked the same age as Arria, but showed no sign of exhaustion from moving the other two girls up the hill. She smiled at Arria, "My name is Autumn [that's me/Rour], but you must be imagining things. I am only a firebender, and this earthbender boy is the one moving you up the hill."
Arria clutched her head and closed her weary eyes. She had seen no earthbender boy, but why would this girl, Autumn, lie about being the Avatar?

Dawn, slowly, drowsily, woke up. She didn't even survey her surroundings before going into battle mode, still thinking she was battling the monster. Jerking suddenly, she rose with incredible speed and roared:" YOU'LL GET THE WRATH OF DAWN, YOU...." Her words died away on her lips as she looked around at Autumn, Kai, and Arria. Dawn's wrist flicked feebly, and the faintest icicle appeared, then vanished and its remnants dropped with a plop, at their feet.
They all paused, standing there, and Dawn had the vaguest feeling that she was acting like an idiot. Then, all of them burst out laughing--jolts of laughter rolled over them like waves......
Kai was doubled over, on her knees, shoulders shaking with endless laughter. Autumn and Arria were both sitting on the ground, heads tilted back, howling. Dawn took this most funniest, though, and her laughter got to the point where she was choking on her spit and had to stop.
Around them, the battle had ceased.......the monster was finally defeated, and the remains of its dismantled body lay--an ugly sight.
The beast's bloody body lay on the grass. Crimson red blood soaked the grass, the foul stench of death staining the crisp clean air. Arria gagged and looked away from the severed body of the animal.
What is that thing? Thought Arria. But then she noticed wounded benders everywhere, crying out for help. "WATERBENDERS!!" Arria shouted. "GATHER!" All uninjured waterbenders gathered before Arria. "Gather all of the injured and heal them! We'll need a makeshift hospital earthbenders and make some earthbeds! Firebenders, burn that dead thing! Airbenders, fly through the skies and make sure nothing else is coming! NOW!"
Everyone jumped into action, everyone playing their part.

Sorry the format is so bad, I copied and pasted :P
Old 02-01-2013, 06:40 PM

Got it, thanks for posting Cathy. By the way, this is Rour (Ellie), but it will probably come up as JoMarch. Anyway, on to the story....
----
Quote:
Dawn, slowly, drowsily, woke up. She didn't even survey her surroundings before going into battle mode, still thinking she was battling the monster. Jerking suddenly, she rose with incredible speed and roared:" YOU'LL GET THE WRATH OF DAWN, YOU...." Her words died away on her lips as she looked around at Autumn, Kai, and Arria. Dawn's wrist flicked feebly, and the faintest icicle appeared, then vanished and its remnants dropped with a plop, at their feet.
They all paused, standing there, and Dawn had the vaguest feeling that she was acting like an idiot. Then, all of them burst out laughing--jolts of laughter rolled over them like waves......
Kai was doubled over, on her knees, shoulders shaking with endless laughter. Autumn and Arria were both sitting on the ground, heads tilted back, howling. Dawn took this most funniest, though, and her laughter got to the point where she was choking on her spit and had to stop.
Around them, the battle had ceased.......the monster was finally defeated, and the remains of its dismantled body lay--an ugly sight.
The beast's bloody body lay on the grass. Crimson red blood soaked the grass, the foul stench of death staining the crisp clean air. Arria gagged and looked away from the severed body of the animal.
What is that thing? Thought Arria. But then she noticed wounded benders everywhere, crying out for help. "WATERBENDERS!!" Arria shouted. "GATHER!" All uninjured waterbenders gathered before Arria. "Gather all of the injured and heal them! We'll need a makeshift hospital earthbenders and make some earthbeds! Firebenders, burn that dead thing! Airbenders, fly through the skies and make sure nothing else is coming! NOW!"
Everyone jumped into action, everyone playing their part.
To avoid arousing the suspicion of Dawn, Arria, or Kai, Autumn went to help burn the body of the beast, even though she was a skilled healer. She didn't want to tell others that she was the Avatar because... well, she didn't know why, but whenever she thought about all the attention and pressure it would bring, she freaked out. Maybe she was scared of being the Avatar.
Along with many other firebenders and her dragon, Ember, Autumn circled up around the perished monster.
"On three!" she cried. "One, two, three!"
All at once, a torrent of powerful flames erupted from firebenders all around the body. Slowly, the monster began to melt into an oily substance that reeked of rotten milk.
Rotten milk... Autumn thought. Isn't that what Kryslinth poison smells like?
To her horror, the firebender next to her dropped to the ground, coughing and choking. The deadly, gaseous poison was already taking effect!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:56 PM

Location: *sings* Sooooommmmmeeewwhhhheeerrree over the rainbowwwwww....I WILL KILL YOU! *evil cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMarch View Post
Got it, thanks for posting Cathy. By the way, this is Rour (Ellie), but it will probably come up as JoMarch. Anyway, on to the story....
----

To avoid arousing the suspicion of Dawn, Arria, or Kai, Autumn went to help burn the body of the beast, even though she was a skilled healer. She didn't want to tell others that she was the Avatar because... well, she didn't know why, but whenever she thought about all the attention and pressure it would bring, she freaked out. Maybe she was scared of being the Avatar.
Along with many other firebenders and her dragon, Ember, Autumn circled up around the perished monster.
"On three!" she cried. "One, two, three!"
All at once, a torrent of powerful flames erupted from firebenders all around the body. Slowly, the monster began to melt into an oily substance that reeked of rotten milk.
Rotten milk... Autumn thought. Isn't that what Kryslinth poison smells like?
To her horror, the firebender next to her dropped to the ground, coughing and choking. The deadly, gaseous poison was already taking effect!

Dawn had immediatly jumped into action with Arria. She had worked hard and long, oblivious to the coughing and choking, until finally she came to her senses, and with a huge wave, she washed all the wounded earthbenders away from the venomous gas. The firebenders were toppling everywhere, and Autumn could not do anything.

Flipping her waist-length, auburn hair out of her gray eyes, she ran to help. Her eyes burned with rage and determination--who would be so evil to send this creature here? The gas had overcome the firebenders.......Dawn hastily pressed her hands to the chest of an uncounsious firebender, healing, and while he was still in a daze, she rushed him to where the earthbenders were, away from the gas.

Back and forth she dashed, unaware of the overpowering poison, yet she refused her eyelids to drop. One, two, five, ten, twenty, forty firebenders she had rescued. By now, the poison had taken full effect.

She was insane now, she knew....Autumn was hollering for her to come to safety, for the rest of the poor firebenders were done for. Her eyes were clouding, yet she ran, delivering another firebender, even more light-headed.

Arria, seeing her friend in danger, forced her to give up by blood-bending. Dawn gasped, attempting to fight back, saying:" It's better for me to die than them!" But it was no use, for Arria had taken full control, and Dawn felt her feet running, semi-consious, to the safety with friends.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is my friend, Peter the Bunny. Help him achieve world domination by copying and pasting him into your sig.

Last edited by hi62131; 02-01-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Sorry for the spelling, just wanted to point that out.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi62131 View Post
Dawn had immediatly jumped into action with Arria. She had worked hard and long, oblivious to the coughing and choking, until finally she came to her senses, and with a huge wave, she washed all the wounded earthbenders away from the venomous gas. The firebenders were toppling everywhere, and Autumn could not do anything.

Flipping her waist-length, auburn hair out of her gray eyes, she ran to help. Her eyes burned with rage and determination--who would be so evil to send this creature here? The gas had overcome the firebenders.......Dawn hastily pressed her hands to the chest of an uncounsious firebender, healing, and while he was still in a daze, she rushed him to where the earthbenders were, away from the gas.

Back and forth she dashed, unaware of the overpowering poison, yet she refused her eyelids to drop. One, two, five, ten, twenty, forty firebenders she had rescued. By now, the poison had taken full effect.

She was insane now, she knew....Autumn was hollering for her to come to safety, for the rest of the poor firebenders were done for. Her eyes were clouding, yet she ran, delivering another firebender, even more light-headed.

Arria, seeing her friend in danger, forced her to give up by blood-bending. Dawn gasped, attempting to fight back, saying:" It's better for me to die than them!" But it was no use, for Arria had taken full control, and Dawn felt her feet running, semi-consious, to the safety with friends.

Autumn dropped the dying firebender she was carrying and screamed at Arria "Help these people! I can take care of her!"
Arria gratefully relinquished the blood-bending grip she had on Dawn and sprinted to the wounded, a bright blue liquid already forming in her hands from where she had drawn in it from waterbender pouch. Autumn meanwhile rushed to where Dawn was while simultaneously motioning everyone into the earth tents. Everyone quickly moved inside of them, and Autumn was free of the looks of the curious bystanders. She quickly blasted air at the poison and could feel the strain of the oppressing poison leave. It would only be temporary, though, she knew. She conjured a small shock of lightning- very minuscule- and directed it toward Dawn. With a shout, her friend sat bolt up right.
"We need to get the rest of them to the tents!" Autumn bellowed, even as Dawn began to ask her what had happened.
Dawn nodded in understanding, and both girls grabbed nearby unconscious people, grim looks of determination covering their faces.
The last ten remaining people were brought to the tents, so the two girls collapsed on to the grassy hill in exhaustion.
But true to the phrase, "No rest for the weary.", a scream came from inside the nearby earth tent, and the girls sprang back up again.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMarch View Post
Autumn dropped the dying firebender she was carrying and screamed at Arria "Help these people! I can take care of her!"
Arria gratefully relinquished the blood-bending grip she had on Dawn and sprinted to the wounded, a bright blue liquid already forming in her hands from where she had drawn in it from waterbender pouch. Autumn meanwhile rushed to where Dawn was while simultaneously motioning everyone into the earth tents. Everyone quickly moved inside of them, and Autumn was free of the looks of the curious bystanders. She quickly blasted air at the poison and could feel the strain of the oppressing poison leave. It would only be temporary, though, she knew. She conjured a small shock of lightning- very minuscule- and directed it toward Dawn. With a shout, her friend sat bolt up right.
"We need to get the rest of them to the tents!" Autumn bellowed, even as Dawn began to ask her what had happened.
Dawn nodded in understanding, and both girls grabbed nearby unconscious people, grim looks of determination covering their faces.
The last ten remaining people were brought to the tents, so the two girls collapsed on to the grassy hill in exhaustion.
But true to the phrase, "No rest for the weary.", a scream came from inside the nearby earth tent, and the girls sprang back up again.
Typing this on my ipad, so this will be hard....

Dawn shook her head. She had no idea what had happened, as if she had woken up in the middle of this scene. She had a slight suspision that it had yo do with Autumn, that girl, and she knew, positively, that Autumn was hiding something. She had seen people act that way, like her older brother, when he tried not to show that he didn't know how to waterbend.

Well, whatever happened, Dawn found herslf again exhausted. She was feeling light--headed...like she had been breathing really hard. Slowly, Dawn drifted off to semi-consciousness, and she could hear her neighbors teasing: Dawn, the girl who always faints over and over again, but she couldn't help it.

Dawn ignored the feeling. She persisted to run in the tent, and found a young girl, a little older than her, screaming in agony. Her light brown hair flowed beside her while she writhed in pain, screaming :" Mother! Mother!"

Dawn desperatly tried to heal her;her glowing hands got ti the point where she was in pain too. The firebender continued to thrash, shrieking.

" Hold it! Calm down! Please...please....please..." Dawn pleaded, and finally the earthbender was forced to calm down from Dawn's bloodbending. "What's your name?" Dawn asked.

"Lily," the girl croaked. Her voice was so raspy that Dawn knew she was dying, and nothing could be done about it. " Don't say it...don't say it....." Lily pleaded. "I know I'm dying. Please, can I say my last words?" Tears cascaded down her face and she winced in pain, hand grasping her chest. "Tell my family...I love them. And I will, even when I die. Tell all my friends that they were awesome, and tell them that......" Dawn sat there, holding her hand as Lily's eyelids drooped. Her chest stopped moving, and she choked out these last words:"Tell them I loved them too." Then Lily's hand went slack, and she spoke no more.

Dawn sobbed. At first, it came inlittle sniffles, but then she finally burst out, tears streaming down her face. The only sound in that tent was her sobbing, still holding the fragile hand of Lily. She cried, and wailed....who could have done this? Wo could have done such a thing and killed a young girl? Dawn, still sobbing, finally let go of Lily's hand. She closed the body's eyes, then carried the body out of the tent, collapsing still, crying her heart out, kneeling at the entrance of the tent with the body in front of her.
Finally, with the still-growing poison inside of her, she felt her body crash to the ground, with a crack. A jolt of pain flashed through her head, and the world spun in dizzying circles, until it went black.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is my friend, Peter the Bunny. Help him achieve world domination by copying and pasting him into your sig.

Last edited by hi62131; 02-01-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi62131 View Post

Dawn shook her head. She had no idea what had happened, as if she had woken up in the middle of this scene. She had a slight suspision that it had yo do with Autumn, that girl, and she knew, positively, that Autumn was hiding something. She had seen people act that way, like her older brother, when he tried not to show that he didn't know how to waterbend.

Well, whatever happened, Dawn found herslf again exhausted. She was feeling light--headed...like she had been breathing really hard. Slowly, Dawn drifted off to semi-consciousness, and she could hear her neighbors teasing: Dawn, the girl who always faints. Over and over again, but she couldn't help it.

Dawn ignored the feeling. She persisted to run in the tent, and found a young girl, a little older than her, screaming in agony. Her light brown hair flowed beside her while she writhed in pain, screaming :" Mother! Mother!"

Dawn desperatly tried to heal her;her glowing hands got ti the point where she was in pain too. The firebender continued to thrash, shrieking.

" Hold it! Calm down! Please...please....please..." Dawn pleaded, and finally the earthbender was forced to calm down from Dawn's bloodbending. "What's your name?" Dawn asked.

"Lily," the girl croaked. Her voice was so raspy that Dawn knew she was dying, and nothing could be done about it. " Don't say it...don't say it....." Lily pleaded. "I know I'm dying. Please, can I say my last words?" Tears cascaded down her face and she winced in pain, hand grasping her chest. "Tell my family...I love them. And I will, even when I die. Tell all my friends that they were awesome, and tell them that......" Dawn sat there, holding her hand as Lily's eyelids drooped. Her chest stopped moving, and she choked out these last words:"Tell them I loved them too." Then Lily's hand went slack, and she spoke no more.

Dawn sobbed. At first, it came inlittle sniffles, but then she finally burst out, tears streaming down her face. The only sound in that tent was her sobbing, still holding the fragile hand of Lily. She cried, and wailed....who could have done this? Wo could have done such a thing and killed a young girl? Dawn, still sobbing, finally let go of Lily's hand. She closed the body's eyes, then carried the body out of the tent, collapsing still, crying her heart out, kneeling at the entrance of the tent with the body in front of her.

Autumn and Arria stood back away from Dawn as she sobbed over Lilly's body. They both knew that they were thinking the same thing, and that Dawn probably was, too: Who had done this? Why?
Autumn wiped away a few stray tears, but continued to keep her composure as impassive as possible.
Suddenly, Dawn dropped to the ground like a stone from the sky. Autumn cried out, and both her and Arria rushed forward. Aria began to heal her. Autumn wished she could help, but dared not reveal her abilities. Instead, she picked up Lilly and laid her on the dewy grass.
She knew that in the morning, she would have to set out and find the awful person who had sent the monster that had been slain minutes ago- although it seemed like ages. That person had caused so many deaths, and infinite more fatalities.
After Dawn was in a safe sleep and Arria had also gone to bed, so did Autumn. She hoped that Dawn and Arria, and maybe even others, would come with her on her quest, but could understand if they wanted to stay behind. Relief groups would soon be arriving to aid in the recovery after this tragedy.
This had been a sad day indeed. Lilly, and countless others dead...

The sun broke the horizon, and Autumn arose from her waking dreams. Now was time to see who would accompany her on her journey and then set off.

Last edited by JoMarch; 02-01-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:58 PM

Knock Knock.

"Hello? Dawn?" A voice wavered into Dawn's deep slumber, and instantly she shot up, yellling:" WHAT???" She quickly got dressed, hastily combing the messy waist-length auburn hair of hers. Frustrated with a stubborn knot, she threw the brush on her bed and opened the flap of her tent, blinking in the sudden sunlight, only to see Autumn and Arria standing there.

The three friends sat in Dawn's tent, discussing their plans. When Autumn asked if Dawn would come, she nodded and said:" Yes. Of course. I would love to avenge Lily." Even speaking the name, she got choked up and hurridely wiped her eyes. "The thing is...." she continued," I keep on....well....blacking out."

"I...just...think if you could tone down on the anger, then you'd be better," Arria said.

"Then I'll do that."

"So, we're all going?" Autumn piped in.

"Yes," chorused Arria and Dawn.
They lasped into a friendly silence, just staring at eachother.

Dawn pushed a loose strand of her tangled auburn hair out of her eyes. "Autumn...." she hesitantly spoke. "I feel...........you're hiding something."

"What? Why would I do that?" Autumn tried to look surprised.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Old 02-01-2013, 09:25 PM

Kaze watched from the sky as she always did, unnoticed, just a speck in the sky. She was flying high up, but she could see the scene as clearly or even clearer from the sky than from the ground.
ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ
Kasai was staying unseen, listening as much as she could to what was going on around her. She crouched in a shaded corner, dim yellow flames in her palm-- big enough for her, but not big enough for anyone else to notice.

(So yeah. Kaze is an airbender, Kasai a firebender.)
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Kasai was staying unseen, listening as much as she could to what was going on around her. She crouched in a shaded corner, dim yellow flames in her palm-- big enough for her, but not big enough for anyone else to notice.

(So yeah. Kaze is an airbender, Kasai a firebender.)
Kasai heard the voices of three girls approaching. Trying not to be clumsy, she closed her palm, extinguishing the flames. Getting up from her kneeling position, she hastily hid....but too late.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Old 02-01-2013, 09:31 PM

(Is there not a no-controlling rule?)

Tags
avatar, avatar the last airbender, avatar! mwuahaha!, best story ever, dawn is awesome. :d:d:d:d, dawn stalks you, hope this will succeed, k k & k ftw!, lyall_areyel_was_here, never-ending story, sapphire