Quantcast Major Problem - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 08-03-2013, 04:29 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic
Unhappy Major Problem

Just a heads up, I'm ranting, not wallowing in self-pity. So imagine someone pacing back and forth shouting in a British accent...sorry, you're picturing Sherlock now aren't you? Whatever.

Guess what, guys? Chapter 15, furthest I've ever got in a book I'm writing, and what happens next? The point is, I don't know. Hemlock has no plot. It's a bunch of scenes that go too fast, no time passing.

It's bad, guys. I put a lot of time and procrastination into it, into a chance idea I thought would never even get out of my brain and into writing. But I've got to face facts. It's not right. And I'm too bloody lazy to edit.

What I meant to happen still has no story. There is still a good idea there, and maybe one day, I'll be able to return to it...but it's gone for a reason. Like the Sinister, and that crappy sequel to my appalling book in verse. Like Outcast, the book no one else seemed to understand, like Severing the Link which was too weird, like Bones and Ashes which was too colloquial and silly, like In the Shadows which was clearly written by a fool, like the Unknown Operator which was too sci-fi and never made it past chapter one despite being a favourite character of mine, like the Old Man Berlin which felt childish and...moronic, like Necropolis, which was abandoned for Hemlock, like Of Tigers and War, which I passed over...for Hemlock. I can go on. I'm not focused enough to write a book. I might have talent - arrogance, I know - but my attention span limits me. I miss detail. And I can never be bothered to plan.

That's all changing. I'm planning. I'm turning this around. I won't be reviving any old ideas yet, though Tammy wants me to - sorry, he's a toy tiger who inspired one of the stories, called Tamihrith in the book. First of all, I'm finishing and publishing Steel Wire, then, I'm starting two new ideas - the first book in the Bitterbroken Chronicles (I like the word Chronicle, okay?), and the story of a boy who, escaping Nazi Germany, finds himself in England about to have STUFF HAPPEN TO HIM. Guess what this kid's name is. Anyone who read TOMB? Yeah, that's only Lauren.

Like I said, I'm sick of this. Sick of just watching TV shows that are all about consultants for the police in America who are a little round the twist, if you catch my drift. Sick of being the sarcastic one who pops up, posts a load of crap, and does nothing. Okay, I occasionally write poetry, or accept challenges, and my book reviews are second to none (like I said, arrogance), but I feel like I'm a performing monkey. I stand up do a few tricks when I'm carted out in front of the cloggers et cetera, and no one takes my writing seriously. I hang around with people who have FANCLUBS THAT HAVE LASTED, but my only commenter is generally Lauren, or a few assorted randomers. I'm well-respected and liked, but no one reads my writing.

Finally, I never clicked on the sad face icon for this. It did it by itself. I'm not joking. I noticed it had changed by itself a minute or ten ago. Yeah, I know, sad that I'm sat here drivelling the entire time. I had to get this out before I go to South Africa on holiday (that's vacation for the dummköpfe from America), and because I just watched an amazing film and wondered what the hell I was doing. Okay, it was a Simon Pegg film, so not exactly awe-inspiring in reality, however, it's still pretty good.

Just help me guys. If you've read all this, you can give me an opinion, right?

Last edited by rebecca; 08-03-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:36 PM

So, what exactly us keeping you from writing? Lack of readers? No inspiration?

I am one with the wind and sky
Old 08-03-2013, 10:42 PM

Writing a story is like a sandwich.

I tend to hate sandwiches. But sometimes they're alright.

I'm not sure what I tried to say there.
Sorry about that.
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Old 08-04-2013, 12:18 AM

Same for me about the readers problem. I'm pretty sure I have talent (EPGY, my English teacher) but people always seem to care more about my other aspects than my writing ness. Like my constantly disappearing wit. Or sassiness.
Some authors can go on without planning and rely on improvising. But if that doesn't work, you have to.
http://atlasartifex.deviantart.com/a...rt-1-390069246
It's weird that writing has so many tutorials.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm1999 View Post
So, what exactly us keeping you from writing? Lack of readers? No inspiration?
Too much inspiration and no story.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
Too much inspiration and no story.
Same with me. Seriously, I have all of these ideas for it but I'm either too lazy to write it or I just can't.

(finding neverland)
Old 08-04-2013, 12:29 PM

Another thing:

I'm highly dependent on KidPub. Without it, I'd be sitting at a laptop wasting my life. KidPub is where I come for my social interaction. Yes, I do TALK to people, but I prefer typing. It gives me time to think. And KidPub's nice and safe and cynical. I need KidPub. Or I'm going to spend my time wallowing in self-pity instead as ranting.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
Same with me. Seriously, I have all of these ideas for it but I'm either too lazy to write it or I just can't.
EXACTLY, Confuzzled.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:46 AM

Well you did post a chapter recently so I'm assuming the problem has been solved, right?

-relatable post #234
Old 01-20-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arin View Post
Well you did post a chapter recently so I'm assuming the problem has been solved, right?
Aye. It has. Only to immediately reprise, but that is beside the point.