Quantcast ~Blurb~ | Random little writing pieces - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 02:14 AM

Default ~Blurb~ | Random little writing pieces

The definition of the word 'blurb' is a short piece that praises something, such as a book, so that people would buy it. I'm taking that word now, and modifying it.
The Kp blurb is a mini-flurry of thoughts and random pieces. They're not vents, and they're not summaries either. They're just short pieces- too short to be on the mainsite, but beautiful, random pieces about life.
The only rule to post on here is for you to construct it before posting- it's not a venting thread, like I've said. It's for you to share and admire others' thoughts and works.
So, blurb away. Create your own world, your own mini-flurry of thoughts.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:36 AM

~blurb~
I'm not a warrior. I always thought I was brave, thought that I could take as much physical pain anyone could ladle on me without talking. Well guess what? No.
It seems pathetic, that with one small scar, my body can hurt so much physically. Have you seen the movies? Have you read the books? Well, I don't think they're true. Are they superhuman?
I don't know anyone who can endure that much pain. But if a tiny pinky wound would cause that much trouble, then what do you think would have happened if I had a horizontal gash running across my stomach? I think the pain would be 50 times worse. What I can handle now, I won't be able to handle 50 times more.
Maybe now, I'll be able to understand war more.
Maybe now, I won't be so dauntless.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:59 PM

Default Blurb for rewrite of older idea

Chase Robertson is perhaps the best fighter in her organization, meant for hunting evil spirits and demons, preventing lives from being stolen, and, above all, to keep the Lords of the Supernatural at bay. Her twin, Spirit Rollands, who she was separated from at birth, has been working with her, and everything is fairly normal... for the moment.
But a Guardian of the Dead, Sawyer Thompson, is just beginning to uncover who he is. And Lord Death has possessed his father, and is using his body to wreck havoc in their world instead of sending spirits and demons. Plus, Spirit and Chase are about to realize the full potential of their powers.
Death is on the run. And it will take some powerful supernatural magic to defeat him.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceterry View Post
Chase Robertson is perhaps the best fighter in her organization, meant for hunting evil spirits and demons, preventing lives from being stolen, and, above all, to keep the Lords of the Supernatural at bay. Her twin, Spirit Rollands, who she was separated from at birth, has been working with her, and everything is fairly normal... for the moment.
But a Guardian of the Dead, Sawyer Thompson, is just beginning to uncover who he is. And Lord Death has possessed his father, and is using his body to wreck havoc in their world instead of sending spirits and demons. Plus, Spirit and Chase are about to realize the full potential of their powers.
Death is on the run. And it will take some powerful supernatural magic to defeat him.
This is really great, Grace! You should write it if you get the time. :D
Old 04-10-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahChen2009 View Post
This is really great, Grace! You should write it if you get the time.
Thanks. I think I might.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:59 AM

Default Lorelai Blurb

<Idea in progress- new story>

“You are late, Ms. Lee.” The teacher said. Reinold drummed his fingers on his table, sliding them over the smooth surface. He had no care for whoever the teacher was yelling at -- he didn’t recall anyone in his homeroom with the last name Lee. Probably just the old cow getting mixed up and yelling at the air again.
Indeed, Reinold’s homeroom teacher had many, many nicknames. But mostly, she was just ‘the teacher’. Reinold didn’t even remember what her name was, but it wasn’t really important to begin with.
“Yes, I realize that, thank you.” Reinold started at the ice old voice, looking up. A girl stood in the doorway- a girl lean and tall for their age of 15, her jet black hair, let down, would probably have reached her waist. It was tied up in a ponytail high on her head, and bangs left unattended were swept to the left carelessly.
Her eyes were blue, like the teacher’s, but while the teacher’s eyes looked dead but with hate, hers looked full of fire and fury. Ice fire. An oxymoron, and it made her all the scarier, and all the more interesting.
She was panting a little, her attire a bit weird. She had on a thin, black cotton long sleeve, Reinold supposed, since her arms were covered with another layer of a woolen jacket, unzipped. Beneath her navy blue jeans, she wore pale brown boots.
She moved a bit, posture leaning slightly to the left, and Reinold caught a glimpse of a leather pouch, its shape suspiciously resembling a knife. He shuddered.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahChen2009 View Post
<Idea in progress- new story>

“You are late, Ms. Lee.” The teacher said. Reinold drummed his fingers on his table, sliding them over the smooth surface. He had no care for whoever the teacher was yelling at -- he didn’t recall anyone in his homeroom with the last name Lee. Probably just the old cow getting mixed up and yelling at the air again.
Indeed, Reinold’s homeroom teacher had many, many nicknames. But mostly, she was just ‘the teacher’. Reinold didn’t even remember what her name was, but it wasn’t really important to begin with.
“Yes, I realize that, thank you.” Reinold started at the ice old voice, looking up. A girl stood in the doorway- a girl lean and tall for their age of 15, her jet black hair, let down, would probably have reached her waist. It was tied up in a ponytail high on her head, and bangs left unattended were swept to the left carelessly.
Her eyes were blue, like the teacher’s, but while the teacher’s eyes looked dead but with hate, hers looked full of fire and fury. Ice fire. An oxymoron, and it made her all the scarier, and all the more interesting.
She was panting a little, her attire a bit weird. She had on a thin, black cotton long sleeve, Reinold supposed, since her arms were covered with another layer of a woolen jacket, unzipped. Beneath her navy blue jeans, she wore pale brown boots.
She moved a bit, posture leaning slightly to the left, and Reinold caught a glimpse of a leather pouch, its shape suspiciously resembling a knife. He shuddered.
(I really like it and I think it's really good)
(I love how Reinold is kind of a jerk because I think it's the best when protagonists aren't good people)
(CC (kind of, mostly just confusion): Reinold is a weird name and I don't know if you were going for unconventional or meant to write Reinhold which is a relatively common German/Scandinavian name)
(I have no idea why I wrote this all in parentheses but I'm gonna stick with it)
Old 04-19-2014, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaR View Post
(I really like it and I think it's really good)
(I love how Reinold is kind of a jerk because I think it's the best when protagonists aren't good people)
(CC (kind of, mostly just confusion): Reinold is a weird name and I don't know if you were going for unconventional or meant to write Reinhold which is a relatively common German/Scandinavian name)
(I have no idea why I wrote this all in parentheses but I'm gonna stick with it)
Thanks! I meant to write Reinold- since I like unique names more. It would be squigglyfied in some places, but in others they don't squigglyfy it cause it's a name.
Chapter one of the story is here- http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-c...-01-2311146781 - I hope you can read it! c:
Thank you so much, this means a lot. :)
Old 04-20-2014, 03:12 PM

*blurb*
I must have been someone, once. A cheerleader, maybe. The girlfriend of the quarterback.
Maybe I was artsy; a nerd, perhaps, with my nose always in a book. A drama queen, with a closet full of fluffy scarves and a desk crowded with nail polish and makeup.
Maybe I was just a normal girl. A girl with straight As and okay looks, who had an older brother and liked to laugh with her friends. I'd like to think I was that girl.
But whoever I was then, I'm not anymore.
And no one--not even me--knows the truth about why I ended up curled in a ball on the side of the road with blood and dirt covering my face, my clothes in tatters. Why the scrap of paper folded into my hand read: Her name is Anya Petersen, and she will end the world. Why that name--my name--doesn't show up on the records.
Anya Petersen shouldn't exist.
But I do.
And it's up to me to solve the mystery.
*end blurb*
Should I continue this? it just, like, came out of my brain all of a sudden.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarabellaGrace View Post
*blurb*
I must have been someone, once. A cheerleader, maybe. The girlfriend of the quarterback.
Maybe I was artsy; a nerd, perhaps, with my nose always in a book. A drama queen, with a closet full of fluffy scarves and a desk crowded with nail polish and makeup.
Maybe I was just a normal girl. A girl with straight As and okay looks, who had an older brother and liked to laugh with her friends. I'd like to think I was that girl.
But whoever I was then, I'm not anymore.
And no one--not even me--knows the truth about why I ended up curled in a ball on the side of the road with blood and dirt covering my face, my clothes in tatters. Why the scrap of paper folded into my hand read: Her name is Anya Petersen, and she will end the world. Why that name--my name--doesn't show up on the records.
Anya Petersen shouldn't exist.
But I do.
And it's up to me to solve the mystery.
*end blurb*
Should I continue this? it just, like, came out of my brain all of a sudden.

That sounds extremely interesting.

Tags
edward is cuter-->, jacob is the cutest ha, land of stories, luna was here, team harry p. please, this is not sparta, xp xp xp xp xp xp xp