Quantcast Ƭнє ƑαηgιяƖιηg Hσυѕє - Page 92 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2018, 12:05 PM

ok so I am watching the vid out of context and one of these ladies is "the machine" and the other has been saved by her?? and "the machine" is a sociopath?

but they are still close and care about each other more than "the machine" knows, and I bet the other lady is very smug about it

cAN WE JUST HAVE SOME PHILIA PLS

I NEED MORE PHILIA

-i found, amber run
Old 07-05-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly View Post
ok so I am watching the vid out of context and one of these ladies is "the machine" and the other has been saved by her?? and "the machine" is a sociopath?

but they are still close and care about each other more than "the machine" knows, and I bet the other lady is very smug about it

cAN WE JUST HAVE SOME PHILIA PLS

I NEED MORE PHILIA
oh haha no the machine is an actual like artificial intelligence that is low key taking care of them. the sociopath girl sacrifices herself for the squad n gets kidnapped and then the other chick tries to get the machine to help her find the sociopath.

also the main girl w the guns at the beginning of the video was initially the show's main antagonist, so when the sociopath is like "tell me about her", she's asking for info so she can hunt her down and kill her. also the "I'll forget how I feel about you" isn't remotely romantic in context, it's just her saying "I'll stop hating you for like 2 secs so we can work together".

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run

Last edited by AlgebraAddict; 07-05-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
oh haha no the machine is an actual like artificial intelligence that is low key taking care of them. the sociopath girl sacrifices herself for the squad n gets kidnapped and then the other chick tries to get the machine to help her find the sociopath.

also the main girl w the guns at the beginning of the video was initially the show's main antagonist, so when the sociopath is like "tell me about her", she's asking for info so she can hunt her down and kill her. also the "I'll forget how I feel about you" isn't remotely romantic in context, it's just her saying "I'll stop hating you for like 2 secs so we can work together".
"haha no" (read: i misinterpreted everything)

ok thnx for the background. so THE MACHINE IS A GOOD THING?? OR WANTS TO BE GOOD?

maybe there is a tie between the sociopath and the machine *strokes chin* both of those things imply a void of emotion, but both seem to care quite a bit

-i found, amber run
Old 07-05-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
"haha no" (read: i misinterpreted everything)

ok thnx for the background. so THE MACHINE IS A GOOD THING?? OR WANTS TO BE GOOD?

maybe there is a tie between the sociopath and the machine *strokes chin* both of those things imply a void of emotion, but both seem to care quite a bit
the machine is a good guy!!!! kinda. the nerdball with glasses designed the machine to b good but it's still a shady AI

the premise of the show is super cute- the nerdball designed a machine that can prematurely detect acts of terror and sold it to the US government so they can hunt down terrorists with its data. however "the machine" also detects normal violent acts, usually murders, but if it's not a huge terrorist attack then the gov doesn't care.

so every once in a while, the nerdball's backdoor into The Machine spits out the social security number of a future victim or perpetrator (but he doesn't know which one it is). he hires this big lovable thug played by Jim Caviezel (aka Jesus in the Passion of the Christ) and they team up to stop acts of violence before they happen. so for example, they get the number of Sameen Shaw (aka sociopath chick) and they figure out that someone is trying to kill her so in one episode they save her and then she later joins the team.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-05-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
the machine is a good guy!!!! kinda. the nerdball with glasses designed the machine to b good but it's still a shady AI

the premise of the show is super cute- the nerdball designed a machine that can prematurely detect acts of terror and sold it to the US government so they can hunt down terrorists with its data. however "the machine" also detects normal violent acts, usually murders, but if it's not a huge terrorist attack then the gov doesn't care.

so every once in a while, the nerdball's backdoor into The Machine spits out the social security number of a future victim or perpetrator (but he doesn't know which one it is). he hires this big lovable thug played by Jim Caviezel (aka Jesus in the Passion of the Christ) and they team up to stop acts of violence before they happen. so for example, they get the number of Sameen Shaw (aka sociopath chick) and they figure out that someone is trying to kill her so in one episode they save her and then she later joins the team.
so if that isn't really LIT I DON'T KNOW WHAT PLOTLINE IS MY GOSH

-i found, amber run
Old 07-05-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
so if that isn't really LIT I DON'T KNOW WHAT PLOTLINE IS MY GOSH
it's honestly the best show that's ever been produced, ever. there are plenty of morally grey characters, but the really striking thing is that several of the main characters- namely the nerdball that designed the machine- is not only a sweetheart, but a good person. like a really really really good person. not a mary-sue or a cockeyed-optimist kinda guy; he's just filled with compassion and love for other humans and it's actually really crazy because in the face of wildly bad people and grave danger he's always just... good. it's incredibly badass.

so like 10/10 recommend, this show is the literal master of WILD redemption arcs and even though the plot is incredibly clever, the characters portray the best, worst, and in-between of humanity (and Artificial Intelligence) FLAWLESSLY.

also it's not extremely gory or sexual, strict tv-14 airing guidelines, but there's a little violence and spiciness, so if you start watching it at any point I can totally give you a heads up of where that's at. the star of the show (jim caviezel) kicks serious butt, but the actor is deeply religious and I think that really influenced the show. I guess that getting struck by lightning twice on the set of the Passion of the Christ does that to a guy.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run

Last edited by AlgebraAddict; 07-05-2018 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:44 PM

Quote:
it's honestly the best show that's ever been produced, ever. there are plenty of morally grey characters, but the really striking thing is that several of the main characters- namely the nerdball that designed the machine- is not only a sweetheart, but a good person. like a really really really good person. not a mary-sue or a cockeyed-optimist kinda guy; he's just filled with compassion and love for other humans and it's actually really crazy because in the face of wildly bad people and grave danger he's always just... good. it's incredibly badass.

so like 10/10 recommend, this show is the literal master of WILD redemption arcs and even though the plot is incredibly clever, the characters portray the best, worst, and in-between of humanity (and Artificial Intelligence) FLAWLESSLY.
I LOVE REDEMPTION ARCS

I'd SIGN THE HECK UP if I had more spare time

and even so I might sign the heck up anyway we'll see

but speaking of redemption arcs

have you ever seen avatar the last airbender

because

zuko

-i found, amber run
Old 07-05-2018, 11:50 PM

Quote:
I LOVE REDEMPTION ARCS

I'd SIGN THE HECK UP if I had more spare time

and even so I might sign the heck up anyway we'll see

but speaking of redemption arcs

have you ever seen avatar the last airbender

because

zuko

oooh i've been meaning to.

person of interest has really cool redemption arcs because they have the classic "piece of dirt rotten scoundrel finds a reason to be a good person and starts doing good stuff for the right team", but also others that are more subtle and mindblowing. the entire show is about the value of a human life and some of the charactERS MUST BE TAUGHT

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-05-2018, 11:54 PM

also leslie odom junior, aka aaron burr from hamilton, has a reoccuring role as a crazy anti-surveillance privacy terrorist and it's impossible to take his drama seriously when yOU L ITERALLY ARE A SINGING BEAN

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-06-2018, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algebraaddict View Post
also Leslie Odom Junior, Aka Aaron Burr From Hamilton, Has A Reoccuring Role As A Crazy Anti-surveillance Privacy Terrorist And It's Impossible To Take His Drama Seriously When You L Iterally Are A Singing Bean
I'm Borderline Hamilton Trash So Thank You For Sharing My Gawsh

-i found, amber run

Tags
bastille, big hero 6, bro :3, chrichton and tolkien mix, classical cat, ermahgerd fangerls, fangirls, fartfartfartonyoface, fmaftw, hazel took dan im angry, hey i took dan not hazel, hyehye, kumquats, kumquats ftw, loki didn't start it!!!!!, luna was here, madelyn is so awesome, mr. potato will get you, obsession takes control, pentaholics, pete didn't start it!!!!!, roleplaying ftw, sex, the beatles -sy, the land of stories