Quantcast Kidpub Mentor Program - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Guilds
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2017, 08:49 PM

Post Kidpub Mentor Program

Hello all, welcome to the Writer's Block thread for the KP Mentor's Program! There will also be a post on the Mainsite in the future, so that those who are new to KP can have easier access. However, before this project launches, all the finicky details need to be sorted out.

I've thrown together a Google Document as a preliminary outline for what the program is and how it works. I will post a link that will allow anyone who clicks it full access to the document. If you have any suggestions; any detail, major or minor, that you think will improve this project, please either leave a comment in the sidebar, or change the color of the text that you write in so that others know that it is a suggestions.

Any suggestions that are excepted by the group will be appended to the document, with the text color returned to black.

Please DO NOT remove any text or comment that does not belong to you.

I want the KP Mentor Program to be as much of a group effort as possible, so any suggestion, from anyone, will be seriously considered. Please expect to be asked to give feedback on suggestions.

Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey

Last edited by Zelda; 07-14-2017 at 09:50 AM. Reason: THE LINK IS FIXED NOW
Old 07-13-2017, 09:05 PM

Alright! This sounds great all these projects make me excited
Old 07-13-2017, 09:13 PM

I don't like the use of the word 'sponsor'? Sponsor is more like a mentor role, right? So I don't think it's a fitting term for the, ah.... mentee. It made the document a bit confusing? However this project seems great!! I was wondering if we could coordinate this with KP houses, like having mentors mentor someone in the same house. Sort of like Hogwarts houses, or college haha
Old 07-13-2017, 09:14 PM

This sounds great. So just to be clear, are mentors 2+ years and sponsors are under 2?
Old 07-13-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
I don't like the use of the word 'sponsor'? Sponsor is more like a mentor role, right? So I don't think it's a fitting term for the, ah.... mentee. It made the document a bit confusing? However this project seems great!! I was wondering if we could coordinate this with KP houses, like having mentors mentor someone in the same house. Sort of like Hogwarts houses, or college haha
I agree, I was actually just about to point the mentee thing out.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:36 PM

I believe I've already said that I like this, but I'll go submit a form! (I also remember signing up for the Sentinels thing which I need to check up on again).

But like Ena said,

Quote:
I feel more appropriate terms besides 'sponsor' would be 'pupil' or 'apprentice.' Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:41 PM

Here is my form, peeps.

Name: Justin
Username: Authormind(Justin) / SuperJ
Years of experience on KP: 8
Years of experience writing: (This was hard to answer so I rounded it off to about 12).
Are you willing to have your sponsor contact you outside of KP?: Yes [] or No [x]

I marked my answer as "No" for the last one because unless my sponsor/pupil/apprentice has a Wattpad, there isn't really any other comfortable way I could reach them. Maybe through Tumblr, idk, but that social media is more for my art stuff. :P

Last edited by SuperJ; 07-25-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:37 AM

Name: uhhhhh...... see my bio for more information lmao.
Username (the one you sign on with): SilverMoon (current screenname King Explosion Murder)
Years of experience on KP: 5.5
Years of writing experience: 10
Are you willing to have your sponsor contact you outside of KP?: Yes [X] or No [ ]
Old 07-14-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
The house thing would be cool, and yeah, I was too lazy to think of another word for the littluns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
This sounds great. So just to be clear, are mentors 2+ years and sponsors are under 2?
Yep, pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ View Post
I believe I've already said that I like this, but I'll go submit a form! (I also remember signing up for the Sentinels thing which I need to check up on again).

But like Ena said,

I feel more appropriate terms besides 'sponsor' would be 'pupil' or 'apprentice.' Correct me if I'm wrong.
Those would work, I'll change out 'Sponsor' with something else ASAP.

Also I just realized that there should be something to indicate whether the person is signing up to be a mentor or a...youngling. T-T, I'll assume both Justin and Ena are signing up to be mentors.

-Barns Courntey
Old 07-14-2017, 09:48 AM

oh damn, I thought I posted the link to the editable document but apparently not.. EDIT: the link is fixed, you can all go on and poke at things now.

@Ena lol here kid, this is your mentor; The Namefluid Fuck(TM)

-Barns Courntey

Last edited by Zelda; 07-14-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Tags
luna was here, poliwog, rproject, sy was here ;)