Quantcast Angels & Demons NES (complicated but hopefully fun) - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2018, 05:35 PM

Lightbulb Angels & Demons NES (complicated but hopefully fun)

Introduction
In the beginning, there was God. An incomprehensible divine being, God brought into existence the beautiful piece of art we call the Universe. God set off the Big Bang and the Universe began to form. They allowed the Universe to spin itself, watching the events unfold as we would a captivating play or a lively dance. From that point, nature set in motion created galaxies, solar systems, planets, Life. But God was an artist, and, inspired by the Universe, They itched to create Life of their own. And so God created the Angels, beings of Their own to watch over the Universe. And They created Their own canvas, a dimension for the Angels to populate. Some have called it Heaven. Others, Paradise.

The entropy (natural tendency towards disorder) of the Universe created the Demons over time, as it did with other forms of life. The dimension of Hell grew off the universe, like a parasite. The Demons were chaos and the Angels, order. In watching over the Universe and protecting Divine Order in the name of God, Angels often came into conflict with the Demons. The Angels listened to the Absolute word of God, while the Demons fought against the Angels for dominance and survival.

Angels did not question God. They were Their agents, their messengers, their puppets. All was done in the name of God. Free will was stifled. The first to rebel against the will of God was the Archangel Lucifer, cast out of Heaven for his trouble. He was the first Fallen Angel, now traveling the Universe causing trouble and allegedly allying himself with the Demons.
Over time, the Archangels became more prominent, the only link between God and the other Angels. They were the Will of God, directing the Universe in Their name. Over time, the Universe formed more and more sentient life, up to and including the humans on Earth. The Angels sought to control them and the Demons sought to take advantage of them.

But the lines are not that clearly cut. Angels and Demons both have the capacity to reason—to form their own opinions. Therefore, they have the capacity for will and feeling. The Angels, who denounce disorder and questioning authority, and the Demons, who promote chaos and selfishness. Each is a collective full of unique individuals with their own thoughts and feelings and their own personal goals. The Universe is complex, and nothing is exactly as it seems.

Angels
Angels are all intersex in form, but can identify as whatever gender they want (though they would only know the concept of gender from watching the humans). Their specific characteristics depend on their placement in the hierarchy. They are almost always on the asexual spectrum. The hierarchy is based on Christianity but Angels can be from any tradition and you can use other hierarchies as inspiration as well.

Check out the Wikipedia page for guidelines on the hierarchy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_angelology
You can deviate somewhat from these guidelines, especially regarding character design. Keep in mind that here, Angel’s true forms are all still fairly humanoid.

Angels can take full human forms, although there are telltale signs that they aren’t, in fact, human.

Here’s a helpful list of angels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ls_in_theology You can use these or any other existing angel you know of. You can make up your own angel as well with no theological counterpart (but obviously not one as high-ranking as the archangels), but make sure to have them fit in—they still require a hierarchy ranking and a name that is Hebrew, Arabic, or otherwise fitting.

Demons
Demons, in their true forms, are monstrous (or what we would call as such) beings, some of whom have humanoid characteristics and some who do not. They can be of any sex or gender. They can also take human form. Like with angels, their human forms have telltale signs of abnormality.

Demons have a hierarchy as well, though it tends towards convolution and self-service. Guidelines on the hierarchy can be found here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classification_of_demons A list of demons can be found here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...logical_demons You can use these or any other existing demon, or make up your own with no theological counterpart. Their names can be Hebrew, Arabic, or otherwise depending on their origin.

Demons have the ability to possess humans as well, and different individual powers just as Angels have based on their hierarchy and individual domain.

Character Form
Species: [Angel, Fallen Angel, Demon, Human, Any combination thereof]
Name: [Remember name guidelines for angels and demons]
Origin: [Original, Christian Theology, Jewish Theology, Islamic Theology, etc.]
Classification: [If angel or demon. Position in hierarchy.]
Domain: [If angelic or demonic. Their specialty or responsibility. See the demon and angel lists above.]
Sex/Gender: [Will be intersex if angel. Otherwise, anything goes.]
Physical Appearance: [Include true form and human form. Any relevant details.]
Personality: [Self-explanatory.]
Abilities: [Supernatural or otherwise. Relevant abilities only, not just ‘singing’ or something unless they can hypnotize through their singing (supernatural) or make their living off of it or something (mundane).]
Sexuality: [Self-explanatory.]
Any Other Relevant Details: [Anything else goes here. Anything you want if it’s relevant to your character. Feel free to put a big blob of text here or split it into sections if you have a lot to say.]

End Notes
Okay, so I know this seems complex and involved, but hopefully there will be others willing to invest in this with me. I think it’s really cool and I’d love to make this a big cool thing. We’ll plan the story as we go along, I guess, lol. I welcome constructive criticism on the concept and my system of running it, so feel free to bring up your concerns.

Character List
  • Ashkenaz "Asher" Jung | 1/4 Angel | Belongs to Re
  • Japeth the Dissembler | Demon | Belongs to Re
  • Anabiel | Angel | Belongs to Ena
  • Haniel | Archangel | Belongs to Ena
  • Kabaiel | Fallen Angel | Belongs to Ena
  • Ronove | Demon | Belongs to Ena
  • Satan lol

Last edited by SilverMoon; 12-13-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:09 PM

This looks?? So cool?? I am totally willing to participate in this, this looks awesome. I’ll make a character once I have time but it might take me a little while.
So uh just to be sure: for any time spent in the human realm, it is modern day right? Also is there a limit on how many characters we can make?
Old 07-19-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
This looks?? So cool?? I am totally willing to participate in this, this looks awesome. I’ll make a character once I have time but it might take me a little while.
So uh just to be sure: for any time spent in the human realm, it is modern day right? Also is there a limit on how many characters we can make?
Thank you!! I'm happy you're interested Same with me on character creation haha
Yes! Human realm is modern day and you can have as many characters as you want, I know I'll probably have a lot xD
Old 07-19-2018, 07:23 PM

Oh! Also, all angels are essentially "related", brothers and sisters and siblings , children of God and whatnot
So in terms of shipping two angels shouldn't be shipped together I guess
Old 07-20-2018, 12:33 PM

whoooo boy, I have 4 character concepts already
Old 07-20-2018, 08:16 PM

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Species: Demon
Name: [Remember name guidelines for angels and demons]
Origin: [Original, Christian Theology, Jewish Theology, Islamic Theology, etc.]
Classification: [If angel or demon. Position in hierarchy.]
Domain: [If angelic or demonic. Their specialty or responsibility. See the demon and angel lists above.]
Sex/Gender: Female
Physical Appearance: [Include true form and human form. Any relevant details.]
Personality: [Self-explanatory.]
Abilities: [Supernatural or otherwise. Relevant abilities only, not just ‘singing’ or something unless they can hypnotize through their singing (supernatural) or make their living off of it or something (mundane).]
Sexuality: [Self-explanatory.]
Any Other Relevant Details: [Anything else goes here. Anything you want if it’s relevant to your character. Feel free to put a big blob of text here or split it into sections if you have a lot to say.]

I wrote the easiest parts and i'll work on the rest l8r IM SO EXCITED AAAAAAAAAAa
Old 07-21-2018, 12:00 PM

I've got Anabiel, Haniel, Kabaiel, and Ronove so far
Old 07-24-2018, 05:57 PM

I'm working on Anabiel and I love him very much holy shit
I need to draw him
Tbh I will draw EVERYONES characters
Old 07-24-2018, 06:53 PM

*sneaks in to reserve a spot*

I started a character but the form is on my laptop rn, I'll post it later~
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)